SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER????

PERHAPS THEY COULD HIT EACH OTHERS "RESTART BUTTONS" !!!!  YUK, YUK, YUK !!!Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER????

This is ... funny?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

There's only one Big O, and his name is Oscar Robertson--a polar opposite from Manny.  Oscar Robertson is the only player in the history of the NBA to average a triple double (points, rebs, and assists) for an entire season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Big O just gave a Medal of Honor to a war hero on CNN. Bill should have been watching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Bill watches too much O'reilly...but i still like him and his gynormous font

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Fox probably didn't cover it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

In Response to Re: SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER????:
    [QUOTE]Bill watches too much O'reilly...but i still like him and his gynormous font
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I'll take O'reilly any day of the week over Rachel Maddow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER????:
    [QUOTE]Bill watches too much O'reilly...but i still like him and his gynormous font
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Yup.  bill is good people.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER???? : I'll take O'reilly any day of the week over Rachel Maddow.
    Posted by Mr-Murgatroyd[/QUOTE]

Well, obviously Murgs.  One must either like one or the other, no?  I much prefer Rachel.  But, that being said, i get a kick out of Bill O'Reilly, in a circus-freak sort of way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I'll have to search for the channel that now has Keith Oberman. I miss his show.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER????:
    [QUOTE]  PERHAPS THEY COULD HIT EACH OTHERS "RESTART BUTTONS" !!!!  YUK, YUK, YUK !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    You'll feel better when you get over your Manny obsession.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Manny was a fantastic athlete who doped and got caught but did help the sox win to championships.

Obama is a fantastic speaker who inherited a very tough situation as president.

How are the two connected again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FatherofBill-806. Show FatherofBill-806's posts

SON,IT"S TIME TO LISTEN TO THE BIG O, GLENN ORDWAY,  ON WEEI.Son, now you have me yelling. See what you are making me do. Now son, remember what your poor old dad taught you, it's not polite to yell in public.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER???? : Well, obviously Murgs.  One must either like one or the other, no?  I much prefer Rachel.  But, that being said, i get a kick out of Bill O'Reilly, in a circus-freak sort of way.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I hear you Space.  I watch both networks as well but if anyone were a circus freak.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Origin

'Heavens to Murgatroyd' is American in origin and dates from the mid 20th century. The expression was popularized by the cartoon character Snagglepuss - a regular on the Yogi Bear Show in the 1960s, and is a variant of the earlier 'heavens to Betsy'.

The first use of the phrase wasn't by Snagglepuss but comes from the 1944 film Meet the People. It was spoken by Bert Lahr, best remembered for his role as the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz. Snagglepuss's voice was patterned on Lahr's, along with the 'heavens to Murgatroyd' line. Daws Butler's vocal portrayal of the character was so accurate that when the cartoon was used to promote Kellogg Cereals, Lahr sued and made the company distance him from the campaign by giving a prominent credit to Butler.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

[QUOTE]Origin 'Heavens to Murgatroyd ' is American in origin and dates from the mid 20th century. The expression was popularized by the cartoon character Snagglepuss - a regular on the Yogi Bear Show in the 1960s, and is a variant of the earlier 'heavens to Betsy'. The first use of the phrase wasn't by Snagglepuss but comes from the 1944 film Meet the People. It was spoken by Bert Lahr , best remembered for his role as the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz. Snagglepuss's voice was patterned on Lahr's, along with the 'heavens to Murgatroyd' line. Daws Butler 's vocal portrayal of the character was so accurate that when the cartoon was used to promote Kellogg Cereals, Lahr sued and made the company distance him from the campaign by giving a prominent credit to Butler.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Also used in a 1941 movie The Lady Eve

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER????:
    [QUOTE]  PERHAPS THEY COULD HIT EACH OTHERS "RESTART BUTTONS" !!!!  YUK, YUK, YUK !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    maybe he has a shovel ready job for manny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Just as long as no one raises Manny's taxes, he is a job creator.... so I am told.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER???? : I'll take O'reilly any day of the week over Rachel Maddow.
    Posted by Mr-Murgatroyd[/QUOTE]

I know! Rachel with all her facts that you can't face. Most be annoying to you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]I'll have to search for the channel that now has Keith Oberman. I miss his show.

He's on CURRENT tv.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER???? : I know! Rachel with all her facts that you can't face. Most be annoying to you.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

Facts????? You must be joking.  The network is essentially the whipping boy for The White House, I think Jay Carney approves all material that goes out on the network.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

To each his own. I like MSNBC and CNN. Others like FOX. On radio I haven't found any liberal talk shows since everything is far right. I watch O'Reilly once in awhile when he invites a liberal on to debate him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]To each his own. I like MSNBC and CNN. Others like FOX. On radio I haven't found any liberal talk shows since everything is far right. I watch O'Reilly once in awhile when he invites a liberal on to debate him.
    Wow, I had heard that there was one guy who watched MSNBC, but I thought it was only a myth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO, HOW ABOUT MANNY & THE "BIG O" GETTING TOGETHER FOR A BEER???? : Wow, I had heard that there was one guy who watched MSNBC, but I thought it was only a myth.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

LOL.Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

[QUOTE]To each his own. I like MSNBC and CNN. Others like FOX. On radio I haven't found any liberal talk shows since everything is far right. I watch O'Reilly once in awhile when he invites a liberal on to debate him.

Fox and O'reilly generally have people on from the left during their shows while MSNBC has Eugene Robinsom, Ezra Klein, Jonathan Capehart, Chris Hayes, Joan Walsh and bunch of other like minded people over and over again.  Joe Scarborough is on in the morning but he is surrounded by the half-wit Brzezinski and others.  MSNBC is more propaganda than news, not that FOX doesn't work hard to get its opinion across as well but it is more of legitimate news outlet than MSNBC.....CNN is also a better network than MSNBC as well. As for liberal stuff on the radio......NPR.