So long, its been good to know you....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

So long, its been good to know ya ....

Say what you will about Jacobi Ellsbury and his tenure with the Sox, as is your right, but I will always appreciate his on-field performance and what he brought to the Sox.

That being said, I also think the time was right for him to move on. The Sox were not going to be burdened with another mega-buck contract and Jacobi was in a one-time-only position to get a fresh start and a hefty raise to boot, based on his past performance.

At my age, I still see a lot of these guys as still just kids.  So, personally, I wish this young man the best and hope he fulfills his amazing potential, (except at Fenway of course.)

Good luck, Jake, and thanks for the memories.

One must admit that he does look much younger, beardless in Yankee pinstripes.

Ellsbury deal official

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: So long, its been good to know you....

In response to dustcover's comment:

Say what you will about Jacobi Ellsbury and his tenure with the Sox, as is your right, but I will always appreciate his on-field performance and what he brought to the Sox.

That being said, I also think the time was right for him to move on. The Sox were not going to be burdened with another mega-buck contract and Jacobi was in a one-time-only position to get a fresh start and a hefty raise to boot, based on his past performance.

At my age, I still see a lot of these guys as still just kids.  So, personally, I wish this young man the best and hope he fulfills his amazing potential, (except at Fenway of course.)

Ellsbury deal official

LOL DC..his face looks fatter...could be due to being a straight on shot..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ellsbury deal official

[/QUOTE]LOL DC..his face looks fatter...could be due to being a straight on shot..

[/QUOTE]

... or the fact that he has been eating nothing but steak and lobster and guzzling champagne since signing for 157 million dollars ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ellsbury deal official

[/QUOTE]LOL DC..his face looks fatter...could be due to being a straight on shot..

[/QUOTE]

... or the fact that he has been eating nothing but steak and lobster and guzzling champagne since signing for 157 million dollars ...

[/QUOTE] LOL..that too Tongue Out....boy, then Robbie's meals must be truly top shelf!! Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ellsbury deal official

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] LOL..that too Tongue Out....boy, then Robbie's meals must be truly top shelf!! Smile

[/QUOTE]

No doubt Jete.  But Robinson is all highest grade sushi and sake now.  Much easier on the wasteline and jowels.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to seadogs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salty handled his stay and departure professionally. Ellsbury did not. 

I like the "Jocobi", looks more hip than "Jocoby".

[/QUOTE]

Ooh juicy.  I haven't heard any dirt.  How did Jocobi behave unprofessionally?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seadogs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salty handled his stay and departure professionally. Ellsbury did not. 

I like the "Jocobi", looks more hip than "Jocoby".

[/QUOTE]

Ooh juicy.  I haven't heard any dirt.  How did Jocobi behave unprofessionally?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, how did he behave unprofessionally on his way out?  Urinate on Ben Cherington's SUV?  Or left a burning brown paper bag, filled with fecal matter on John Henry's doorstep?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Somewhere today, that great baseball man  SOFTLAW AKA  SOFTY has a smile on his face and a big "I told you so for this board"  !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Somewhere today, that great baseball man  SOFTLAW AKA  SOFTY has a smile on his face and a big "I told you so for this board"  !!!

[/QUOTE]

Why would he be saying "I told you so"?