So, What Pitchers Should the Red Sox have paid market value for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: So, What Pitchers Should the Red Sox have paid market value for?

2014 FA Potentials

Starting Pitchers

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/02/top-2014-mlb-free-agents.html#Vmyoglw1jEhIf2r1.99 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

4) Dempster  $26.5M/2

Stooge, you are a mental midget. So, Dempster's getting 53 million according to your doodle drivel.

Here, I'll walk you through basic math:

$26.5M x 2 = $53M

$26.5M/2 = $13.25M per year at 2 years service time.

"x" = multiplication

"/" = division

Quiz on Friday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4) Dempster  $26.5M/2

Stooge, you are a mental midget. So, Dempster's getting 53 million according to your doodle drivel.

$26.5M x 2 = $53M

"x" = multiplication

"/" = division

Quiz on Friday.

[/QUOTE]

Do shysters not have to take maths?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bedard and Harden can barely last a season between them.  Their IP in August/September, when these guys are usually needd most, will not be much more than mine.

Jonathan Sanchez on a minor league deal is an absolute, something I recommended in that really long pitching thread about too much time, etc.  Also, Chien Ming Wang and Chris Young  are excellent MiLB candidates, something that should not be ignored.

Of course, this team does need a little bit more that just depth,

Not sure why Softlaw wants Derek Lowe so much to name him twice. Unless it was once for his arm and once for his potato salad gut. And on top of that, this guy is pushing Wastefield age...

This is the clown who wanted us to sign Ben Sheet and Bedard long ago... you remember, the year both of them didn't play much at all due to injuries.

This is the clown that suggested we improve our staff last year by offering only these contracts:

$1M/1 to ...

Bedard signed for $4.5M/1

B Chen signed for $9M/2

Colon signed for $2M/1 and was suspended as he likes to point out to me.

Garcia signed for $4M/1

Oswalt signed for $5M for a partial season

C-M Wang signed for $4M/1

As you can see, most of his suggestions were about 4 times too low, and so his plan to address the rotation that eventually ended up with a 5+ ERA was zilch, nada, zee-row!

His other position, one of the few in which he agreed with Ben, was to make Bard the starter. He even was upset when the pulled him, and softy said his game logs showed he was "decent".

This clown can't even read or comprehend basic English or math. He reads my posts and determines I have been for Ben's signings. He reads a suggested offer of $15.5M/2 for McCarthy as $31M for 2 years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So what pitchers would I have acquired in terms of starters? None. We have more #5's than any team out there.

softy translation: you loved every move Ben made and can't wait for his next one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

ROFL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

4) Dempster  $26.5M/2

$26.5M x 2 = $53M

"x" = multiplication

"/" = division

Quiz on Friday.

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

4) Dempster  $26.5M/2

$26.5M x 2 = $53M

"x" = multiplication

"/" = division

Quiz on Friday.

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA!

[/QUOTE]

And do you know what's even funnier?  Softy will FAIL the quiz!  :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And do you know what's even funnier?  Softy will FAIL the quiz!  :-)

He'd even fail a quiz he made up!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Market value hardly ever has anything to do with the free agent market.  the only guy who came in at "market value" was McCarthy, and the Sox should have signed him.

Everyone else worth signing was not worth the ask price.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Don't forget that one of Softy's brilliant ideas was to sign Jeremy Guthrie for 2 years, $10 million or $12 million tops.  In the real world Guthrie signed for 3 years, $25 million.  Softy has no clue on what the real market prices are these days so trying to have a meaningful discussion with him on market values is a non-starter anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

They are not done making moves IMHO. Too early to say good or bad. However getting Dempster is a good move and takes pressure off some of the younger guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Softlaw, completely agree on the MiLB offers.  Sign as many former major league players to minor league (no risk) contracts as possible.

The fact that this may not have been enough (I'm not saying I agree that it wouldnt be) is irrelevant, as these are not mutually exclusive.  You can pursue major and minor leaguers simultaneously.  Sign as many former major leaguers to minor league contracts as you can regardless of a) how many open spots you have on the 25/40 man and b) how many major leaguers you are also pursuing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Softlaw, completely agree on the MiLB offers.  Sign as many former major league players to minor league (no risk) contracts as possible.

[/QUOTE]

It's not like they haven't tried this already.  Last year they signed Cook, Ross Ohlendorf, Carlos Silva, Mark Prior, John Maine, and I may be leaving some others out.  The only one that pitched major league innings was Cook, and after a promising start of course he crashed to earth.

This can be an exercise in futility.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not like they haven't tried this already.  Last year they signed Cook, Ross Ohlendorf, Carlos Silva, Mark Prior, John Maine, and I may be leaving some others out.  The only one that pitched major league innings was Cook, and after a promising start of course he crashed to earth.

[/QUOTE]

but, you might find a diamond in scrap heap. you'll never know if you don't look..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Also Zach Stewart, the stiff they got for Youk. 2 starts, 5.2 innings of mayhem.  What's the point?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Somebody produce a list of scrap heap pitchers that have really paid off for the Sox over the years.  Happy hunting!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  But what did we lose?  Also we passed on calling some of those guys up when they looked like they deserved a look.  Germano comes to mind.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you don't comment with specific names that you would pay FA market or trade market price which are now paint by numbers known for most of the FA and trade SP MLBTR names, I'll assume you agree with the current 2013 Red Sox starting pitching staff.

[/QUOTE]

Or you could just assume I believe you to be an idiot and I try not to feed your warped need for attention any more than necessary.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The stooge makes my point by pointing out how all the bums I offered one year 1 to 2M deals signed for more and ended up value disasters.

Yes, the guys you wanted ended up pitching like bums. Somehow, only you can twists this to show you were right. Your plan to rebuild our staff amounted to zero (actually less than zero, since you supported the Bard move).

softy's 2012 plan on improving our staff: Nada.

softy's 2013 plan on improving our staff: Nada.

The same stooge who wanted Lester traded for Santana and bid 2M for Wakefield 2012 when I told him Wakefield's market value was zero.

Get your lies straight. 

I wanted Buch not Lester included in the Santana deal.  I admitted I was wrong. You having to dig that far back, and then distort my position shows your desperation to divert the attention away from your fantasy "plans".

Again, my offer to Wake would have allowed him to reach $2.5M with incentives. The base was $1.5M/1. That means $1.5M for 1 year. I guess Cook blew away what Wake could have done- you were right all along, clown.

25. This post has been removed.