So who was worse, Breslow, Farrell or Middlebrooks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

So who was worse, Breslow, Farrell or Middlebrooks?

Breslow is a train wreck and shouldnt throw another pitch this year. Farrell made some atrocious decisions and Middlebrooks came in and cost us 2 runs and a ball under his glove then couldnt catch a ball thrown straight to him to lose the game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: So who was worse, Breslow, Farrell or Middlebrooks?

Other than not guarding the lines in the seventh inning of a tie game, what did Farrell do that was so wrong?

I mean, besides accepting a job managing for team with the most bipolar fanbase in MLB...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

SALTY......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other than not guarding the lines in the seventh inning of a tie game, what did Farrell do that was so wrong?

I mean, besides accepting a job managing for team with the most bipolar fanbase in MLB...

[/QUOTE]

lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He probably should have left Doubront bat for himself, with two outs.

He let Workman bat, so why not Doubront? The game was tied, same situation only earlier and more reason to let him bat for himself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

MIDDLEBROOKS IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN USELESS RIGHT NOW.

FIND A WAY TO KNOCK THE BALL DOWN YOU PANSY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

lets me get this straight - you think putting Breslow in for Doubront was a great move eh?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Basically you gave away the 9th inning by letting Workman have his 1st career MLB at-bat. Ludicrous. There were only 3 outs needed to win the game at that point, it wasn't like it was the 6th inning. 

[/QUOTE]

Middlebrooks is clueless at bat and D. Farrell made some insane decisions. I wouldn't let Breslow hold a baseball again this year. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The worst?

Salty far and away

Middlebrooks a distant 2nd

Farrell would be next I guess, for not getting Salty out and maybe keeping Doubront/Workman in longer, playing the line?

Breslow was hosed by a rookie making a tough throw that couldn't be dug out by a DH forced to play 1B and by a HBP that NEVER should have been a HBP, disgusting

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Salty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The worst?

Salty far and away

Farrell would be next I guess, for not getting Salty out and maybe keeping Doubront/Workman in longer, playing the line?

Breslow was hosed by a rookie making a tough throw that couldn't be dug out by a DH forced to play 1B and by a HBP that NEVER should have been a HBP, disgusting

[/QUOTE]

Eh - we have Shane Victorino so complaining about HBP is a bit silly

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to irish-sox-fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The worst?

Salty far and away

[/QUOTE]

Eh - we have Shane Victorino so complaining about HBP is a bit silly

[/QUOTE]

Shane was hit in his upper leg/hip

Beltran didn't move letting his rubber elbow protector get barely nicked

a BS gift of a base

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Breslow gave up a check swing IF hit and grazed Beltran on a pitch that Beltran made no effort to avoid, where was the letter of the law on that call????  So not Breslow.

I'd vote Salty.  Play Ross.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from roggdd23. Show roggdd23's posts

[QUOTE]

Breslow is a train wreck and shouldnt throw another pitch this year. Farrell made some atrocious decisions and Middlebrooks came in and cost us 2 runs and a ball under his glove then couldnt catch a ball thrown straight to him to lose the game. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that Breslow was that bad tonight.  A check-swing roller by Carpenter for a hit and then Beltran sticks his padded elbow in front of one.  Neither pitch was that bad. Middlebrooks was clueless out there.  Almost seems like he's pouting a little because Bogaerts is taking his spot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Notin has jumped the shark with his useless drivel about Drew...maybe their related - i don't know

maybe if Drew could actually deliver a hit when we actually need it and not against some junk pitcher like the regular season we wouldnt be down 2-1

and his thread calling all Bogie after yesterday's heroics was vile

i wonder if the "positive" posters like joey, roy, and moon will call him out like they do softy for focusing on his agenda

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Notin has jumped the shark with his useless drivel about Drew...maybe their related - i don't know

maybe if Drew could actually deliver a hit when we actually need it and not against some junk pitcher like the regular season we wouldnt be down 2-1

i wonder if the "positive" posters like joey, roy, and moon will call him out like they do softy for focusing on his agenda

[/QUOTE]

if you really look at what notin is saying...he is right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Notin is right about the bipolar fan base. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lets me get this straight - you think putting Breslow in for Doubront was a great move eh?

[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight - you think Breslow is a bad option now based on ONE OUTING?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Middy dove for the ball which should have been heat missled into his glove.  If salty cannot throw accurately, he sould just hold on to the ball.  At least Breslow threw the ball in a straight line, Boggie did not have the instincts to back off the bag.

[/QUOTE]

I don't like the way Middlebrooks handled the play afterwards...but the bottom line is the ball never should have been thrown in the first place. What got lost in this whole thing is the great play by Pedroia to get the runner out at home. There were 2 outs and Koji on the mound. Salty should have just held the ball.

Of course..I am sure if he held the ball..some would be criticizing that as well. I think the rookie experiment needs to end. We need our veteran players on the field tonight and Farrell needs to find a way to get Napoli's bat in the lineup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My thread calling all Bogie was vile?  What?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only train wreck are the whinning so called win only sox fans. Grow -up !!!