So, who was your favorite player as a kid?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: So, who was your favorite player as a kid?

In Response to Re: So, who was your favorite player as a kid?:
    [QUOTE]Roger Clemens. I was heart-broken when he signed with Toronto in 1997. My late father took me to Fenway in 1997 when the Red Sox faced Clemens and the Blue Jays.  It was so strange to see Clemens in a Blue Jays uniform.  He struck out 16 that game. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

That was a great game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

El Tiant and Tony C at first blush, but then two rookies came along and cemented me as a Red Sox fan for life.

JIM ED Rice and Fragile FRED Lynn.

Also by late 70's watched Expos a lot, thus Andre Dawson became a god to me. So happy when he made the HoF !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: So, who was your favorite player as a kid?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, who was your favorite player as a kid? : He would have worn a BOS uniform if it wasn't for Bowie Kuhn; who could forget that catch in the '72 Series. Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] I wish he HAD. If he was in Boston that year, the Reds would have won the 72 Series. I still have a 33 LP of highlights from the Reds 72 season called "The New Red Machine". My dad bought it back then, I used to listen to it all the time as a kid. I've since converted it to cd. That was back when Al Michaels was announcer for the Reds, his call of the Bob Moose wild pitch that gave the pennant to the Reds is unforgettable, as is his call of the opposite field HR by Bench that tied the game in the ninth. Would have been nice if it had a happier ending once the A's showed up. It's ok, got our revenge in 1990, and I loved every second of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: So, who was your favorite player as a kid?": I wish he HAD. If he was in Boston that year, the Reds would have won the 72 Series. I still have a 33 LP of highlights from the Reds 72 season called "The New Red Machine". My dad bought it back then, I used to listen to it all the time as a kid. I've since converted it to cd. That was back when Al Michaels was announcer for the Reds, his call of the Bob Moose wild pitch that gave the pennant to the Reds is unforgettable, as is his call of the opposite field HR by Bench that tied the game in the ninth. Would have been nice if it had a happier ending once the A's showed up. It's ok, got our revenge in 1990, and I loved every second of it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

That nixed trade didn't occur till a few yrs later ('76 or '77); also, the RS were going to get Fingers & the Yankees Vida Blue; Finley was attempting a fire sale.  That '72 PS (and end of Reg Season) had alot of stuff going on; Aparicio's baserunning blunder, Sparky Lyle almost singlehandedly carrying the Yanks (The Count, who came into the game via a Datsun, since that was the sponsor), and Reggie breaking his ankle at a play at the plate in the ALCS; not that it mattered.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]Ted Williams
    Posted by Ws2012[/QUOTE]

Always has been and  always will be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Tony C and all the talent, charisma and promise, that he brought with him.HR champion at age 20, most HRs in history at age 22. Starting All-Star, 1967 at 23 years old.
    All it took was one pitch by Jack hamilton of the Angels, to change it all.
    One of the great tragedies and great "what if" in sports history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonstaRat. Show MonstaRat's posts

The Steamer........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Over the years.

Carl Yastrzemski
      Jerry Remy
      Dale Murphy
      Mike Greenwell
      Chuck Knoblauch
      Barry Bonds
      Nomar Garciaparra
      Pedro Martinez
      David Ortiz
      Dustin Pedroia

Honorable Mentions to Jim Rice, Wade Boggs and Roger Clemens