So Who's On a Plane Today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

So Who's On a Plane Today?

Unless Aceves is hurt badly, I would expect him to start Sunday. I'm guessing that Webster will be on his way to Pawtucket and Beato on his way here.

Given that we are short a pitcher (due to Bradley here and Ellsbury not on DL), we only have six bullpen arms. With Aceves hurt and Breslow, Bailey, Tazawa and Uehara pitching yesterday, the only one who didn't pitch yesterday was Workman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: So Who's On a Plane Today?

Snakes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Webster is definetly or should be making the cross country trip. I'd be more inclinded to see De LaRosa for some odd reason

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Anyone hear any news about Ace? Losing him for any length of time would drive one more dagger into the bullpen. Cherington is going to have to bring in the reinforcement very soon no matter if Ace is hurt for a while or not. I heard that Wilson may also be out for the year, not that he was very effective anyway.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Beato should be the guy coming back for Webster. If Aceves is hurt then RDLR is already scheduled for a Sunday start and could fill in perfectly for a spot start Sunday in Oakland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If Rubby won't pitch before Sunday activate Jose DeLaTorre for the injured(possibly DL'd) Aceves and then activate Rubby for Jose Sunday. Then you have the break.

If Ells is DL'd  bring up Hassan who's already on the 40.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

I'm sure Webster is on a plane east.  I guess that would put Beato on a plane west, since De la Rosa is is on track to start Sunday (maybe in Oakland?) and de la Torre just threw 50 pitches Monday. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Correction to my post. RDLR is scheduled to throw Friday in AAA. Lackey is due to pitch Friday in Oakland, so I doubt they move him around. Lester is set for Saturday. Might be able to switch those 2 around, but I dont think they will. Tough call, but I dont think you can send Webster out against Bartolo Colon on Sunday.

Drake Britton is scheduled for Sunday in AAA and is already on the 40-man roster. Id be Ok with him getting the start and see how the kid does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

The way Lester is Pitching, they ought to send him on a flight. I just never know to expect from him anymore. I've tried to be patient, but I'm going to the side of one of the most overated Pitchers in Baseball. Real overated.

I would never pitch Lester in a do or die game. Too inconsistent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Aceves and Webster heading east, Wright and Beato in Seattle. It was probably easiest to send Aceves down instead of worrying about how long he'd be out.

Wright is the knuckler who is here to eat innings in case of a blowout or short outing.

My guess is that Workman starts on Sunday. He's been more reliable than DeLa Rosa.