Re: So, You Want to be a General Manager?
posted at 9/24/2013 6:34 PM EDT
In response to youkillus' comment:
Here's a look at the top ten rated free agents and how they and their new team fared.
1. Zack Greinke, delivered with a 15-3 2.67 and the Dodgers locked up their division.
2. BJ Upton, the 29 yr old was a major bust hitting .186 9 26 with a .270 OBP, What was Atlanta thinking?
3. Josh Hamilton, .246 21 and 72 RBI, hard to justify signing him and his baggage.
4. Michael Bourn, the Bourn Conspiracy was that no GM wanted to take a chance on this Ellsbury like player, he settled for Cleveland, and they're still in the hunt for Red October, Bourn has contributed with a .259 6 48 and 23 stolen bases.
5. Hiroki Kuroda, the Yanks got old all at once, and injured too. Kuroda put up 11-12 3.17, pretty good for a 38 year old.
6. Kyle Loshe, he had great numbers with St. Louis, but couldn't find too many interested parties, 10-10 3.51 with a bad Milwaukee team. He turns 35 next week, maybe that was part of the problem.
7. Dan Haren, didn't help the Nats with his 9-14 4.87 ERA. The NAtionals never got it going and Haren is somewhat to blame.
8. Edwin Jackson, just thirty year old, Jackson has been around the block once or twice, started 30 games and ate some innings on avery bad Cubs team, a 4.74 ERA in the NL is not too impressive.
9. Anibal Sanchez, A strike thrower who has proved to be good and durable. 14-8 2.64, JACKPOT!
10. Nick Swisher, Nick has been "Swisheriffic" for the Tribe, clubbing 20 HR's and being a great "clubhouse guy" the Indians are in the mix, and Swisher has been a big part of that. Didn't the Yanks need a 1B this year?
Who put this list together?
Where is Shane Victorino?
Where is Mr Koji?
Oh Nevermind, this was the top agents going into the the free agent market
Ben did very good with all of his signing except for that thug Jonny Gomes