Some random thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tenshi28. Show Tenshi28's posts

Some random thoughts

Can Buchholz become, once and for all, a legitimate ace? I am talking Felix, Verlander, Kershaw caliber. I think not, but it's hard to argue his dominance when he's on.

Can Carp hit anything but dobles and home runs? his slugging percentage is ridiculous.

The Yankees record with that turd of a lineup worries me, that's a competitive club if I've ever seen one.

Ortiz seems to finally have entered a slump, guy is not even getting a hit in half of his at bats! Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: Some random thoughts

In response to Tenshi28's comment:

Can Buchholz become, once and for all, a legitimate ace? I am talking Felix, Verlander, Kershaw caliber. I think not, but it's hard to argue his dominance when he's on.

Can Carp hit anything but dobles and home runs? his slugging percentage is ridiculous.

The Yankees record with that turd of a lineup worries me, that's a competitive club if I've ever seen one.

Ortiz seems to finally have entered a slump, guy is not even getting a hit in half of his at bats! Tongue Out

Buchholz would take a top 10 starter would be a great thing.

Carp ride the wave for as long as we can.

Yanks will continue to be tough as long as their pitching staff stays healthy, as I like to say "Its all about the Pitching"

Ortiz is just unbelievable! Many posters here were criticising the contract that Ben gave Ortiz while he was down and that he may be finished - not sure where they've all gone?. Ortiz earned that 2 yr deal and if healthy we know he can hit. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the achilles and heels hold up for an entire season or 2, he makes a huge difference to RS lineup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It might take Buch another 2-3 strong yrs to mention his name in that categories.  But he's certainly getting closer.

Carp's just taking advantage of every opportunity he has been given and his hitting the ball hard.

No matter how many core players go down for the Yankees, they are always scary team.  But i'm surprised at their record too.

Ortiz is locked in at the plate.  His seeing the pitches well and very good contact.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Buchholz looks like the best pitcher in the game right now.  As for the Yankees , you can never count them out. To count them out is foolish. They have used the same formula forever. Lefty pull hitters taking aim at that short porch. It works.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

It might take Buch another 2-3 strong yrs to mention his name in that categories.  But he's certainly getting closer.

Carp's just taking advantage of every opportunity he has been given and his hitting the ball hard.

No matter how many core players go down for the Yankees, they are always scary team.  But i'm surprised at their record too.

Ortiz is locked in at the plate.  His seeing the pitches well and very good contact.  

If Buchh can win 18-20 games, keep his ERA under 3.00 and stay healthy enough to pitch 200+ inninings this year, I'd say he deservers mention with the best, at the end of the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The issue with Buccholtz has almost never been his stuff or his ability to pitch well: its been his ability to stay healthy. If he can do that he could easily win 20 games this year.

And yeah, the Yankees are like cockroaches; you never seem to be able to kill them off completely. Its pretty unbelievable that they are playing >.600 ball with the  number of injuries they have sustained. They are due for a slump.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

If I was Buccholz then I would go out with Kate Upton and tell her that my fastball is faster than Verlander's.  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If he can stay healthy, yes. That's really the only thing that's held him back in the past.

Nice guy to have around, don't you think

I never, ever, count the Yankees out. They could find a 9-year-old Little League team, and somehow they'd win. Something about those damn pinstripes.

Obviously it's time to part ways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

If I was Buccholz then I would go out with Kate Upton and tell her that my fastball is faster than Verlander's.  LOL

really icecream? kate upton??? dude, you need to check out who clay is married to. oy veh!

google lindsay clubine!!!!! and try and keep your jaw from hitting the floor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

really icecream? kate upton??? dude, you need to check out who clay is married to. oy veh!

I'd say Buchh is all set in that dept.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjBTpalo1bgn9Y3oLDBYCKyB2fefjIqqWHnlLRGxRxhLysRJlmRQ

Id take Kate if I had a choice...But certainly wouldnt complain with Lindsay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I don't think Clay's wife would appreciate him doing that!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Hammah, 

I wholeheartedly disagree on this one. Lindsay is maybe 8-9 out of ten, not a jaw dropper. On the other hand Kate is a jaw dropping, eye popping 1,000,000,000 out of ten. Probably the most gorgeous, voluptuous woman I've seen since Marylin Monroe. Please get your spectacles checked or defogged !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Hetch 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tenshi28. Show Tenshi28's posts

Yeah, those two really make an unbeatable 1-2 combo, nevermind Lester and Buchholz.

And it seems that Christopher Walken was right after all, Yankees win because the other teams can't stop looking at those damn pinstripes, no other explanation!