sox ACE = LACKEY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

sox ACE = LACKEY?

jeez, time to give this guy his respect. i was one of those who thought he and the rest of the chicken gang had to go to save morale esp since i assumed he was the hernandez (ringleader) of the bad behaving gang. now glad sox hung in and ignored the noise. been the most consistent both on and off the mound of all sox starters. lester is all oer the place and buch cant stay healthy. at his best, lack is an ace and has been one in the past!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: sox ACE = LACKEY?

His numbers right now are better than his career best year in 2007.

He, Dempster, and Doubront have really stepped it up this month with Lester struggling and Buchholz hurt...who would have thought two months ago that our SP problems would be with the #1 and #2, not the supporting cast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Turns out that chicken is actually good for you.

It's that fried batter that clogs your arteries.

Lackey has been peeling the fried batter off and feeding to Bailey.

Too much sodium in that batter , is also bad. So he has been pitching to Lavarnway and Ross in practice. He has recommended that people start referring to Salty as Jarrod No-Saltalamacchia....or at the very least, Jarrod Lo-Saltalamacchia.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Updated SIERA:

1) Darvish  2.55

2) Scherzer 2.66

3) Felix  2.68

4) A sanchez 2.75

10) Lackey 3.28

13) Buchholz 3.47

(52 pitchers with 70+ IP in AL only)

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Thats good you like SIERA, it say Stikeouts are not Overated, in fact K's are very important in a Pitchers SIERA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Three quick points:

1.) If Lackey is your ace you are fd.

2.) Yes he is our ace.

3.) We are fd.

Bonus point... gotta go there's a good chance I'm getting drafted tonight in NBA draft. I wish they had an MBA draft in which I could get my MBA for a discount.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Turns out that chicken is actually good for you.

It's that fried batter that clogs your arteries.

Lackey has been peeling the fried batter off and feeding to Bailey.

Too much sodium in that batter , is also bad. So he has been pitching to Lavarnway and Ross in practice. He has recommended that people start referring to Salty as Jarrod No-Saltalamacchia....or at the very least, Jarrod Lo-Saltalamacchia.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

ZILLY,  Lackey has always been a "GAMER", nice see that he came back from the "OBLIV"  !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Wow...that is a thread title I never thought I'd see... :-)

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Thats good you like SIERA, it say Stikeouts are not Overated, in fact K's are very important in a Pitchers SIERA.

I actually don't value K's as much as most here, but it does say something about Lackey's huge comeback (so far).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

A lot is made of the term "ACE", but it doesn't mean much during the season when everybody is taking their turn in the rotation.  It only means something when you can reshuffle your rotation for the post season.  

So, if the post-season started next week, and Buchholz was still injured, yes, I would want Lackey to start the first game and be the "ACE".  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

A lot is made of the term "ACE", but it doesn't mean much during the season when everybody is taking their turn in the rotation.  It only means something when you can reshuffle your rotation for the post season.  

So, if the post-season started next week, and Buchholz was still injured, yes, I would want Lackey to start the first game and be the "ACE".  

What he said...