Sox can't even get to 1 over 500

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Sox can't even get to 1 over 500

Wow, the Sox just can't get one over 500. I see Dice is giving up early runs again. To his defense, the Sox can't score with runners on either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500

Would you like red or white wine with your crow?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Ooops!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Sox can't even get to 1 over 500:
    [QUOTE]Wow, the Sox just can't get one over 500. I see Dice is giving up early runs again. To his defense, the Sox can't score with runners on either.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Despite Sushi Boy stinking up the house again, the Sox refused to quit.  Great 9 pictch at-bat by Pedroia and a rocket off the wall by AGON who is no doubt  a "professional hitter." 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You just never know in this game.  Some Fenway magic tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

walk off wall ball Gonzalez......there's a reason there are 27 outs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I would probably have said the same thing as the OP, but I couldn't get to my ipad. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Agon, what a trade this is turning out to be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500:
    [QUOTE] A walk-off coupled with another Yanks loss. Well done.

Especially with NY blowing a 5-1 lead in the 6th.  Lol. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. Sorry. I'll admit I thought it was done. Good win. Wish I could have seen it. This win may really get this team rolling. No wine Roy just an ice cold beer with my crow please.

Yeah. It kinda helps to actually watch the games...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm more worried about the Rays than the Yankees. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]I'm more worried about the Rays than the Yankees. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Yeah but lets bury the Yanks first.   Tampa has very little hitting after letting Pena and Crawford go.  Longoria has no one behind him in the order.   And they lost their closer and set up man because the owner is a cheap skate.  The Rays cannot keep this up.  On paper the Yanks have some big bats and right now they can't lose enough to make me content. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]I'm more worried about the Rays than the Yankees. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]Perhaps but burying the NYY before September is a peril filled path to take.

The NYY won't struggle to score runs all year and at some point the Rays will. This division will be a tough one all year as any team in the division could contend and maybe win the Al Central or AL West.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, the Sox just can't get one over 500. I see Dice is giving up early runs again. To his defense, the Sox can't score with runners on either.

Antique...nice job...Are you a concern troll?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Hey calm down i was ready to insult but then i saw that atleast he came back and took it like a man so its better than those who would dissapear after the win xD

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

21-20  stop whining little girl!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Another day, another Debbie Downer embarrassing themselves. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]Harness and the rest of you who continued to throw me under a bus after I admitted I was wrong are ass-ss. Like you all saw the comeback coming?  It was not even a ripping thread on the SOX.  And Harness, I do have a life outside of baseball and we all can't watch every game especially since I live in TX. So get off your high horse and save your preaches for non-sox fans. Why can't you act more like Zack.

You were simply ripped because you couldn't reserve judgment until "AFTER" the game was played out. Why do you think baseball games are 9 innings long?

A "REAL" Red Sox fan believes that games aren't over till they're over, especially a game played at Fenway Park. You must have been a mess during the 2004 ALCS if you are old enough to remember back that far.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]Agon, what a trade this is turning out to be.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

YES!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500 : Another righteous fan playball01. Like you have watched every game the Sox have lost or won. Give me a break. Get over yourself. 

I don't see what is so righteous about Playball's post.  He was just re-wording, for your benefit, an important baseball lesson taught to us by Profssor Berra:  It ain't over til its over.  Nothing righteous there Ant-man.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationCT. Show SoxNationCT's posts

Guys, take it from someone who was there to witness last night's epic comeback.  IT WAS INCREDIBLE! I had a feeling the comeback was coming, that's why I arrived back home in CT at 1:45am.  It was worth every lost hour of sleep.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, take it from someone who was there to witness last night's epic comeback.  IT WAS INCREDIBLE! I had a feeling the comeback was coming, that's why I arrived back home in CT at 1:45am.  It was worth every lost hour of sleep.
    Posted by SoxNationCT[/QUOTE]
     Oh man, good times.  Gotta be one of the best visceral experiences ever.  The crowd sounded amazing.  Bet you slept well, even if you didn't get much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

I thought it was over after they couldn't score Youk in the 8th. Runner on 2nd, no outs, trailing by 1 run. Then 1 out with a runner on 3rd, trailing by 1 run.
    To my way of thinking, this is when a manager becomes useful. He needs to do or try something to make sure that tying run scores. Francona did something, he watched while Lowrie and then Crawford batted the Sox out of the inning.
    Once again the team was able to pull out a win, and his apologists will say he led the team to another victory. Too funny.
    Can you say, In Spite Of ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'm glad a-man started this thread, because it gives me a chance to say what many already know.  Never, ever, ever give up on the Sox at Fenway.  I've been watching these guys (or listening to radio broadcasts) since the late fifties.  I've never left Fenway early.  And I don't bail on game threads on this site (I will admit, however, that I did fall asleep for a half inning when Daisuke was pitching).  In the top of the sixth, when Aceves gave up the leadoff bomb, I was on the phone with my honey who was trying to console me.  I told her we were going to comeback and win it  9-7. "Missed it by that much."

It's amazing to me how quickly supposed Sox fans give up on this team.  It's one thing to moan about this or that, but how does one just flat out give up knowing this team's history and looking at this roster? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox can't even get to 1 over 500 : I don't see what is so righteous about Playball's post.  He was just re-wording, for your benefit, an important baseball lesson taught to us by Profssor Berra:  It ain't over til its over.  Nothing righteous there Ant-man.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

On the other hand you can't win them all, and some of us accept it when it looks like they might lose and turn our attention elsewhere. Doesn't mean we're not real fans.

I'll admit I had given up on this one, and hopeful when I turned back and found the score to be 7-5 in the 7th.