Sox Fire Valentine...you heard it here first

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Sox Fire Valentine...you heard it here first

ESPN.com news services

The Boston Red Sox fired manager Bobby Valentine on Thursday, one day after completing the franchise's worst season in nearly five decades.

"Our 2012 season was disappointing for many reasons," Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington said in a written statement. "No single issue is the reason, and no single individual is to blame."

The Red Sox went 69-93 this season under Valentine, finishing last in the American League East.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Sox Fire Valentine...you heard it here first

I predicted it would be 11am...Only off by 2 hrs...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Rejoice!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Need A Press Comference, This Came Over Twitter...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am glad they wasted no time doing this. Lets hope they can find a very good replacement ASAP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am glad they wasted no time doing this. Lets hope they can find a very good replacement ASAP.

[/QUOTE]

They had to do it today, with Fenway being open to the fans tomorrow. According to the Globe, Valentine is expected at Fenway this afternoon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I Hope More House Cleaning Is Coming, Coaches Need To Go Also, Fix It Right BC...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

What Ben actually said,

"No single person is to blame for this wretched season, but Bobby Valentine turned out to be a terrible hire, even worse than I thought with Lucchino undermined me by insisting on hiring this fool."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank N Stein. Show Frank N Stein's posts

They should have done it in June.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

frank n,

i agree that he should have been fired in june, but i already feel better about 2013.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/bobby-valentine-will-not-return-as-red-sox-manager.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

It would be nice to see them bring in a manager who is allowed to pick his own coaching staff instead of the current bunch of losers that were a part of the past year.  Fire the medical staff, bring in a new conditioning staff and pick up some solid pitching this winter.  A few short term contracts with good proven older players would give some balance to the team and not lock them into future hostage situations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It would also be nice to see them hire a manager with a brain next time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftymcrighty. Show Leftymcrighty's posts

This wasn't like Dave Johnson coming out of retirement to manager the Nats. Or Jim Leyland, the Tigers.

Valentine never had a chance from day one, but never helped himself, either. Too much bizarre behavior, and odd moves, losing credibility constantly.

A bad marriage, with no honeymoon and a quick divorce.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Ok time to move forward. Let Ben make a decision quickly and then let that Manager choose his own staff.

Please don't make the same mistakes at last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I heard that after last nights DEBATE, the "BIG O" will be named MANAGER ON NOVEMBER 7TH !!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ben C : " No single individual is to blame."  Uh Ben , look in the mirror. Well , at least you still have your job. Now , please try to do it a little better. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Good timing so that way Ross and Papi can either decide to resign with the Sox or not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bucholz was asked what went wrong in 2012 and he said "Everything". Good answer.

[/QUOTE]

That is your reaction to Bobby V being fired? Remember when you were banned? Me too, I miss it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

Probably be the Sox's biggest and best move of the offseason.  Now you just need a lineup and a half dozen pitchers or so.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What Ben actually said,

"No single person is to blame for this wretched season, but Bobby Valentine turned out to be a terrible hire, even worse than I thought with Lucchino undermined me by insisting on hiring this fool."

[/QUOTE]

He then went on to say, "But I fixed his wagon by undermining the whole Red Sox Season by making Valentine keep coaches that weren't on board with his managerial style, forcing him to use Bard as a starter, acquiring players I knew could not possibly help the
     club, and trading away our most productive hitter. With all that done, I knew Bobby would never be able to have a successful season, so in the end, I win!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What Ben actually said,

[/QUOTE]

He then went on to say, "But I fixed his wagon by undermining the whole Red Sox Season by making Valentine keep coaches that weren't on board with his managerial style, forcing him to use Bard as a starter, acquiring players I knew could not possibly help the
     club, and trading away our most productive hitter. With all that done, I knew Bobby would never be able to have a successful season, so in the end, I win!"

[/QUOTE]

Valentine has stated that he interviewed and approved the coaching staff himself.

If he wasn't happy with the situation, he shouldn't have taken the job.

As with everything thing else that went wrong, BV took a bad situation and made it worse.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

so, uh...yeah.  i get the animosity towards bobby v.  someone is to blame for this season.  why not?  but, really, what makes all of you (ok, well most of you) think that Ben will choose the correct manager?  what has he done to prove that he will make the right decision?

fyi - the blockbuster deal you all love was flowed thru CMDR Data.  it was not the brainchild of BC.

what makes any of you think that it wont be another LL choice???  lol @ everyone putting so much "faith" in Cherry's decision making process.....