Sox looking at Luke Gregerson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sox looking at Luke Gregerson

SD would rather trade their LH reliever, but will listen to offers for Gregerson. I predicted the Sox wpould get Thornton and Gregerson for the pen and I would love to see this happen as long as the cost is minimal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/padres-rumors-thatcher-gregerson.html

sorry, link thingy isnt working again so highlight, right click and open in another tab.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Sox looking at Luke Gregerson

This is the exact kind of move the Sox need.  I have some confidence in Workman and Britton to make the pen better and this kind of move would only make it better.  

The Bullpen might start to look at LOT better in august. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

This is the exact kind of move the Sox need.  I have some confidence in Workman and Britton to make the pen better and this kind of move would only make it better.  

The Bullpen might start to look at LOT better in august. 

Yeah, would be a good move. The kids are doing great, but theyre still kids, and you never know when theyll melt down. Another experienced arm always good. Morales close to being back too. This could end up being the best pen in the league. Funny huh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Im not that high on Gregerson because the fact that he has only pitched in the NL and in SD. A very pitchers friendly park, but hes worth a lower level prospect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer. Show beezer's posts

ells&dumpster-move need rh big bat 3rd or rf , pref rf. lefties are killing us

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

Im not that high on Gregerson because the fact that he has only pitched in the NL and in SD. A very pitchers friendly park, but hes worth a lower level prospect.

His ERA+, which corrects for the park he is playing half his games in, is 120. Thats pretty mediocre for a RP. By comparison Taz's ERA+ is 142; Breslow, Miller (when he was here), Uehara, and even Thornton are all much better than that. I agree with you. I would prefer a better arm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to beezer's comment:

ells&dumpster-move need rh big bat 3rd or rf , pref rf. lefties are killing us

Yes, we will just trade our leadoff hitter batting .300 with a .380obp and 40 SB.

Is this you softy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to maine12's comment:

[QUOTE]

His ERA+, which corrects for the park he is playing half his games in, is 120. Thats pretty mediocre for a RP. By comparison Taz's ERA+ is 142; Breslow, Miller (when he was here), Uehara, and even Thornton are all much better than that. I agree with you. I would prefer a better arm.

[/QUOTE]

His ERA+ has been higher 153 in 2012 and 130 in 2011. The years not over yet and a couple bad outings for a reliever can drasticlaly effect those numbers. His whip is 1.015 39K 9BB 14ER in 43.2IP. his BB/9 is way down this year. Hes under control through 2014 and has a nasty slider. He'd be worth a blocked rule5 kid we cant protect.