Sox pass on Beltran

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Sox pass on Beltran

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/12/03/source-red-sox-not-interested-in-carlos-beltran-at-three-years/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Sox pass on Beltran

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/12/03/source-red-sox-not-interested-in-carlos-beltran-at-three-years/

[/QUOTE]

That would be consistent with Cherington's mo...my gut tells me we'll see Bradley Jr playing centerfield next year...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Good. 2 or 3 years ago I was all for Beltran when many used his injuries with the Mets as a buyer beware. Even though I expect him to hit 30/100 this year I think that will be about it for his high caliber days.... he is near the end.

We can always make a move in July if JBJR isn't cutting it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

MLB radio was speculating Beltran to Royals for 3 yrs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would be consistent with Cherington's mo...my gut tells me we'll see Bradley Jr playing centerfield next year...

[/QUOTE]

Except he cant hit the broad side of a barn. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with Bradley in CF. Beltran would have been OK to play left and be insurance to play some RF with Victorino in CF to spell Bradley.

I can live with an OF of Gomes/Nava-Bradley-Victorino with Carp as another OF/1B just like last year. I would hope there is a plan in place should Bradley not work out, but I'd give him time to struggle and find his footing. And who knows, maybe he hits the ground running. This year showed him things he needs to work on in the majors.

If you're going to have top prospects whom you believe could be potential All-Stars, at some point, you have to bite the bullet and give them the chance to fail or succeed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Good .......   Im OK with this !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would bet on a trade for a CF'er and JBJ starts in AAA. Not sure they trust him yet. Or at least a solid CF'er that can either platoon or take over if JBJ struggles. I just dont think the Sox fully trust JBJ yet.

Have to wait and see, but I think something happens soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Good +100

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

good.  He is 38 years old, and heck no way he can last three years in the OF.  maybe at the DH in his year 2, but Papi is a better hitter than him lately and hopefully Papi can keep playing for another two to three years!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In someway, I think Beltran would love playing in Boston cuz he know he have a better chance to get into the post season than the Royals.  But since the Royals offered him a better money, what does he want to do? be a little greedy and just play for fun for the Royals or play for the Sox and try to help them to win it all again!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

thank GOD

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with Bradley in CF. Beltran would have been OK to play left and be insurance to play some RF with Victorino in CF to spell Bradley.

I can live with an OF of Gomes/Nava-Bradley-Victorino with Carp as another OF/1B just like last year. I would hope there is a plan in place should Bradley not work out, but I'd give him time to struggle and find his footing. And who knows, maybe he hits the ground running. This year showed him things he needs to work on in the majors.

If you're going to have top prospects whom you believe could be potential All-Stars, at some point, you have to bite the bullet and give them the chance to fail or succeed.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pleased they passed on 3 years of Beltran but, though it is very early in off-season, we currently have two top calibre, at- or near-prime age players in our starting 9 (Vic, Pedey). Our 2 catchers share 74 years, and our SS, 3B, CF share only about 68....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm pleased they passed on 3 years of Beltran but, though it is very early in off-season, we currently have two top calibre, at- or near-prime age players in our starting 9 (Vic, Pedey). Our 2 catchers share 74 years, and our SS, 3B, CF share only about 68....

[/QUOTE]

3 yrs plus a pick.  Im still in favor of kemp as a big move or davis as a lower signing.  I think davis napoli and furcal would be a nice way to fill out our lineup.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I thought Ben was ok with spending more $ for less years?  The Sox can't up the ante for 2 yrs?  Now that Ells is gone they'll get a pick and can stomach giving one up to sign Beltran a bit easier.  I think he'd be a good get for 2 yrs even if they have to overpay a bit. 

I am editing my post, just read that he has 3@$48?!  Scratch the above. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

good.  He is 38 years old, and heck no way he can last three years in the OF.  maybe at the DH in his year 2, but Papi is a better hitter than him lately and hopefully Papi can keep playing for another two to three years!!

[/QUOTE]
                 I'll bet he could play 1st base at least as well as Napoli.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Bradley Jr. should be playing CF.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that is true of more or less every prospect until the day that they can. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who in the heck would throw a broad side of a barn .. Would have to have one hell of a arm .  Can he throw it for strikes ? Now thats the question