Sox play spoiler, work to keep hated Yankees out of playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustPlayTheGame. Show JustPlayTheGame's posts

Sox play spoiler, work to keep hated Yankees out of playoffs

By losing to the Orioles as often as possible.

This is a very proud franchise we have here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Sox play spoiler, work to keep hated Yankees out of playoffs

They are spoiling it for the rays tonight

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

hopefully, most of this current team will be gone by next april.

Most?

I can see all the FAs to be and Aviles, Sweeney, and maybe a couple more, but most?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Well, they already got rid of CC, Beckett and Gonzo. Dice-K will be gone as well. I also imagine guys That Moon mentioned like Aviles, Sweeney and to add to that list maybe Aceves, Cook, and the possibility of trading Ellsbury.

That would be our SS, RF, LF, 1b, and 3 starters. possibly our CF and our closer as well...Id say thats a good portion of the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The O's have a tough series with the Rays. 

The Yankees play the Red Sox. 

"IF" the Red Sox take two out of three from the Yankees, and the O's take two out of three from the Rays, then the O's have a chance to win the division.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The Orioles are 9-6 so far against the Rays. They need to sweep them because its not at all certain that the Red Sox can win a single game at Yankee Stadium-not for lack of trying, but for lack of talent. Should be an interesting start to October. Go Orioles!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I still would like to see the Red Sox win most of their remaining games, but it is very unlikely that this happens.  I believe I heard that they could end up with their worst record in quite a long-time, if they lose all of their remaining games. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Before the beginning of the season, I picked the O's to finish in last place.  LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Before the beginning of the season, I picked the O's to finish in last place.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

Me To..

Yankees

RedSox

Rays

BlueJays

Orioles...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In response to JustPlayTheGame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By losing to the Orioles as often as possible.

This is a very proud franchise we have here.

[/QUOTE]

Not doing a very good job of spoiling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I had hoped the Yankees down 1-5 today would have lost & then a Sox sweep would have kept them completely out of the playoffs---I think, not sure ? But now even a Sox sweep(prob would be a 50-1 shot with a Vegas bookie) will still allow them to win a playoff wild card. And O's still have tough series. Can Tampa make it with a sweep..dunno ? Don't like O's or Tampa but hate them less than Yankees. I wanted to knock NY out and celebrate a sweep as if our world series as O's did last year knocking us out of playoffs.

Anyway, living in SF I'd be happy to see A's knock off Yankees in a wild card playoff & hope NY flies to the Coast so I can go to the game & root for Sox alumni, Crisp & Reddick especially !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me To..

Yankees

RedSox

Rays

BlueJays

Orioles...

[/QUOTE]

I picked the Angels vs. the Red Sox in this year's ALCS. 
    I also picked Phillies vs. Giants in the NLCS. 

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The next 3 days are really a moot point both the Orioles and the Yankees are guaranteed playoff spots regardless of the outcome of the last 3 games. Of course they are fighting for a division title.

The saddest part of the next 3 games is that the Yanks have the chance to make sure the Sox stay in last place. They can be the real spoiler...not the Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustPlayTheGame. Show JustPlayTheGame's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The next 3 days are really a moot point both the Orioles and the Yankees are guaranteed playoff spots regardless of the outcome of the last 3 games. Of course they are fighting for a division title.

The saddest part of the next 3 games is that the Yanks have the chance to make sure the Sox stay in last place. They can be the real spoiler...not the Sox.

[/QUOTE]

First of all, the next 3 days are hardly moot for the Orioles and the Yankees. One will be guaranteed to play a full first round series, the other will have to play a one game playoff to get in. Hardly insignificant.

Secondly, do you honestly think that there is a single Yankee that has any concern about making sure the Sox finish in last place?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

"IF" the Red Sox take two out of three from the Yankees, and the O's take two out of three from the Rays, then the O's have a chance to win the division.

[/QUOTE]

If the Red Sox take two out of three from the Yankees,  the sky will be filled with flying sows.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the Red Sox take two out of three from the Yankees,  the sky will be filled with flying sows.

[/QUOTE]

I would love to see the Red Sox make the Yankees a Wild Card team.  

I would hate to see the Yankees and 50,000 of their fans celebrate in joy as they win the AL East.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Oakland is two games behind the Rangers and these teams play the final three games in Oakland.  

The Angels, Rays and White Sox are pretty much done (unless a miracle happens).  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Oakland and the Orioles keep winning every day.... amazing!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

Any baseball fan knows that ONLY the Rays, the Orioles and the Yankees are relevant the next three days.

I, for one expect pretty much nothing out of the Boston Red Sox (the trend shall continue...why not, right?)

In a Yankee fans mind, the NYY have to beat up on the Last Place Team, which they should. Tampa and the O's will duke it out. Whatever the Red Sox do (Or don't do, to be more precise) has no bearing. The Yankees and the Orioles need to do what is expected of them, with only themselves to blame if they don't win.

You can flatter yourselves thinking the red sox have this 'burst' in them? Or say "They lost all three" to the Orioles cuz they planned it?? No...No, they just stink that hard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Flatter ourselves?? It's baseball. Stranger things have happened.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, they already got rid of CC, Beckett and Gonzo. Dice-K will be gone as well. I also imagine guys That Moon mentioned like Aviles, Sweeney and to add to that list maybe Aceves, Cook, and the possibility of trading Ellsbury.

That would be our SS, RF, LF, 1b, and 3 starters. possibly our CF and our closer as well...Id say thats a good portion of the team.

[/QUOTE]
    It is definitely good that many of the current players won't be with the team next year.  Unfortunately, they should have traded some of the pitchers and positions players after their collapse last season.  Just replacing the manager with an incompetent  manager wasn't the solution and probably contributed to even more losses this current season.  Although, you can't blame Valentine for all of the Red Sox problems this season.