Sox Players Untradeable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Sox Players Untradeable?

With the public destruction of the organization this september and spilling into October, is there really any chance that players that need to be moved can be moved? Or has all of the recent information scared potential buyers away?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Sox Players Untradeable?

Lackey and Crawford are IMO untradeable for the reasons you stateYell, Youk IMO can and should be dealt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

In Response to Re: Sox Players Untradeable?:
    [QUOTE]Lackey and Crawford are IMO untradeable for the reasons you state , Youk IMO can and should be dealt.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Youk already had a rep as a hot head....and it only got worse with his actions while playing through injury and not being able to play....how much value does an aging player like him have? Or does the value not matter, just get what you can get?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

They could trade Lackey but would probably have to eat 30+ million of his remaining salary, so yeah he is untradeable but that doesn't mean the Red Sox wouldn't trade him.

Crawford is untradeable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Players Untradeable? : Youk already had a rep as a hot head....and it only got worse with his actions while playing through injury and not being able to play....how much value does an aging player like him have? Or does the value not matter, just get what you can get?
    Posted by gbman87603[/QUOTE]
    To me, his value does not matter and what we get in return only matters if the player(s) are young viable prospects. I am sick of Youk's tough guy game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]They could trade Lackey but would probably have to eat 30+ million of his remaining salary, so yeah he is untradeable but that doesn't mean the Red Sox wouldn't trade him. Crawford is untradeable.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

If he is untradeable how can they trade him? Money is one thing, but Lackey had a 6.50 ERA, sometimes its not about money. Doesnt Crawford show more promise then Lackey? Crawford is over paid but if he had put up him career numbers this year it wouldnt have mattered.....he might be able to do that in a better situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am hoping for some good news this week in that either Drew will retire or better yet, that the Sox announce they have no intention of offering him a new contract.

And perhaps now we can get some real criticism and not spin re:  Theo's moves like the David Jonathan Drew contract now that both men are gone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]I am hoping for some good news this week in that either Drew will retire or better yet, that the Sox announce they have no intention of offering him a new contract. And perhaps now we can get some real criticism and not spin re:  Theo's moves like the David Jonathan Drew contract now that both men are gone. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

JD Drew's contract is over. I dont think you need to worry about him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE] Crawford is untradeable.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I agree. Crawford will be wearing a Sox uniform for 6 more seasons. Hopefully he will have a better year in 2012 than he did in 2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Players Untradeable? : JD Drew's contract is over. I dont think you need to worry about him.

Well that is what they said about

Tek
    Wakefield
    Beckett

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

If Sox are willing to eat money, maybe some moves can be made, or trade one nut case for another i.e. Lackey for Zambrano. The other alternative would be Crawford for the other FA bust Werth, who is a  RH and can play RF.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think the guys alot of fans would want traded are untradeable for the same reasons fans want them traded, underperforming big salaries.....other teams FO are not idiots(for the most part). The next GM will either have to play with the hand dealt him, by resigning some of our Feee Agents and hope a new manager can make a difference, or....move some of the guys with trade value, before they have no trade value....I would put Youkilis and Beckett in that category. This teams core is Pedroia, Lester, Ellsbury, Gonzalez, Bard and I would argue Papelbon.....after that Crawford isnt going anywhere and Bucholz if healthy is a keeper...the rest of the guys are either interchangable with other ML caliber players or untradeable. We all love Youk and his hard nosed attitude, but he cant be counted on to stay healthy enought to play 3b all year.....and Beckett is a #1 type starter which teams would like, but with his even odd year history and recent clubhouse controversy rumours, it may be time to move on from him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Sox Players Untradeable?:
    [QUOTE]With the public destruction of the organization this september and spilling into October, is there really any chance that players that need to be moved can be moved? Or has all of the recent information scared potential buyers away?

Lackey?  He's a triple thread guy!  Unfortunately the 3 things are.....  First and foremost, he absolutely sucks (at any $), his contract is multi-year & HUGE (even for an excellent #1 starting pitcher), and HE HAS A TERRIBLE ATTITUDE & seems to breed malcontents.  NO SANE GM would want him for $1,000,000.00 per year.  Most would not want him for the league minimum!!!  Forget about eating part of his contract!!!  We will have to eat ALL OF IT!  Put him on waivers & see if some moron offers us ANYTHING!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox Players Untradeable? : If he is untradeable how can they trade him? Money is one thing, but Lackey had a 6.50 ERA, sometimes its not about money. Doesnt Crawford show more promise then Lackey? Crawford is over paid but if he had put up him career numbers this year it wouldnt have mattered.....he might be able to do that in a better situation.

If you buy a house for $500,000 live there for a couple years and sell it for $200,000 how do you feel about that?

Lackey is untradeable in the sense that the only way you can trade him is if you pay the bulk of his contract while he plays for someone else.  That is not a trade in my mind, that is cutting losses.

I think Crawford will have better years but never anything close to 20 million dollars of production.