Sox should make Papi captain..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortuee. Show Ortuee's posts

Sox should make Papi captain..

Sox should consider making Papi Captain, giving him the "C" Varitek wore on his jersey. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Sox should make Papi captain..

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Then there's Pedroia...

I'm not sure having a captain makes sense. I remember people attacking Varitek when the Sox weren't doing well and blaming some of that on Varitek since he was the "captain" at the time. I don't want to continue that tradition.

It's honorary for the most part until things go wrong, and that's not fair to the person wearing the "C".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG PAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIII  RULES.  How can we not love having Ortiz back in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The Sox don't need a Captain. They need a Chief!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

no, no, & nO AGAIN......   Won't be on the roster long enough !!   Hard to be the Captain from the  D L  !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no, no, & nO AGAIN......   Won't be on the roster long enough !!   Hard to be the Captain from the  D L  !!!

[/QUOTE]

Who's talking about Ellsbury ????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes a leader on that team. I think everyone knows that. No need for a "C" to prove it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

^^^

Good one pinstripezac!!!  LOL   :)

I do not care who the captain is.  All I want is Boston to win and make the damn playoffs.  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Agree. Give him the C

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Good idea, give a cheater the C. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

so if you make ortiz captain

who plays gilligan ?

captain & tennille ?

[/QUOTE]

As long they do not go on a three hour tour. I am OK with Skipper and Gilligan running the show. Does this mean Cherington going to be the professor and who will let Thurston Howell the 3rd spend his money on FA's, Thurston always was stingy with his money.

I will admit this picture is a good one, I am still laughing.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The last thing the Red Sox need is a veteran who has the letter "C" on his chest.

What the Red Sox need are a pitching and hitting coach, starting pitchers, an outfielder, SS, and many more.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The last thing the Red Sox need is a veteran who has the letter "C" on his chest.

What the Red Sox need are a pitching and hitting coach, starting pitchers, an outfielder, SS, and many more.  

[/QUOTE]

+1

how about a decent GM?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Yeah, I think that's what the captain status means to me.  Someone to steer the ship between the mgr and the guys.  Varitek failed in that role.  If you aren't going to be a leader then you don't deserve the C.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I think that's what the captain status means to me.  Someone to steer the ship between the mgr and the guys.  Varitek failed in that role.  If you aren't going to be a leader then you don't deserve the C.

[/QUOTE]

Varitek did not fail at that role. Since 2004 he was the captain of the team and well deserved. Some players you just cant change no matter who you are. Hes not a baby sitter. To blame one month on Tek because a couple grown men chose to behave the way they did is ridiculous. He did not fail, not one bit. You can only call so many meeting to change things. If players choose not to listen, ie; Beckett, then you need to put your energy towards the ones that do.