Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread

In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread:
    [QUOTE]Verlander is a beastly man, still throwing in the high 90's 110+ pitches deep.  And he does it every time out.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

think we should lackey and dicek for verlander,think the tigers would like that deal.Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread posted at 5/29/2011 8:37 PM EDT   www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=e012065e84ad09c7f50a2e93a98044fa&plckUserId=e012065e84ad09c7f50a2e93a98044fa " /> joel49 Posts: 5849 First: 9/16/2008 Last: 5/29/2011 In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : Anyone got this game on DirecTV?  It is not allowing me to watch it on NESN and isn't on one of the Extra Innings channels. Posted by fizsh I'm watching on MLB.com but you might find it here.  It takes a while to buffer. http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/66953/1/watch-boston-red-sox-vs-detroit-tigers-%5Bdelayed%5D.html
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    thanks joel per usual. prob is they require a download of stream torrent which is a zip file. i've used that site a lot esp during the basketball season. perfect view of all the celtic no matter where i am. even metwork shows as well as cnn,bbc, msnbc or fox. its all on there. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

CC, Extra Innings is a TV package.  It is on DircTV and other systems, but I am not sure if it is all or just some.  It is more expensive than MLB.TV, but it is on your TV and not the computer.  On DirecTV you can get the feed you want most games (home or away team) but that is not the case on others (just home team feed).  So I can watch NESN even if they are in New York.  But it is only for the game, not pre-game or post-game stuff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Wow, 130+ pitches for Verlander.  They have Thursday off like the Sox, so he can have an extra days rest.  Most of his career per the Tiger radio team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

132 pitches total.  Man, can you tell the Tigers really want this game?  Okay, Pedey, big hit here now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Time for Pedey to put us on top.  Verlander is such a stud.  Good riddance, I say.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone got this game on DirecTV?  It is not allowing me to watch it on NESN and isn't on one of the Extra Innings channels.
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]what are the extra innings channels? how may i access them?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Finally got Verlander out.

C'mon Pedey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

alright pedey just get on base

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : what are the extra innings channels? how may i access them?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    just googled it, is it the stuff on direct tv? does NESN ever stream the game live?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Ahhhh. Pedey, what a bum. Dump him. Put Scuturo in when he gets back.

Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

ok Weve got 2 great lefties against their ok righty pitcher. Lets do something next inning

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

it's up to gonzo, youk and ortiz. verlander was great, beckett struggled but kept them in the game. double headers are usually a split, so it may be the way it goes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The thing that sets Verlander apart from most starters is that he does not lose anything as the game goes along. If anything, he seems to get stronger.  This is why it was so important to win the first game today.  Sort of feels like we are playing with house money here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

DirecTV isn't the only carrier that has the Extra Innings package, but it is what I have so it is what I know.  I do know that DirecTV is the only one that carries the NFL package, but that is a horse of a different color. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Damn, I'm following on MLB.com, and they had Verlander at 99 mph against Ellsbury. In the eight, around pitch 130 or so!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Not giving up on the game by any means, but even if the Sox do lose, it is still a 5-2 road trip.  I will take that all season long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]The thing that sets Verlander apart from most starters is that he does not lose anything as the game goes along. If anything, he seems to get stronger.  This is why it was so important to win the first game today.  Sort of feels like we are playing with house money here.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

great point.

I remember Verlander pitching against the Sox 2 or 3 years ago, he was above 100 pitches in the 8th and still pitching 100 MPH...it was amazing. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Yeah, I have seen that a few times this year.  I think his no-hitter he hit 100 in the 9th.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox/Tigers Game 2 Thread : just googled it, is it the stuff on direct tv? does NESN ever stream the game live?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    It is package available on DirectTV and most cable systems. The cost is in the area of $180.00 for the full season. You get all the games ( almost all ) on your TV. Well worth it for fans of out of market teams, of which there are many thousands of Sox fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

All-right, how about Drew with a go-ahead HR this inning.  Or am I asking for too much. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Nice double play.

Big rally now.

Big rally.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Can Sox string a 4-run inning here, and close the day with another 4-3 win ?

C'mon Sox !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I expected Gonzo to get on base there.

Papi may have another hit against Valverde, but not going to get it done.

30-23, not bad at all !

Beckett stiffened after the 1st inning, and did well to pitch 6 innings.

So long folks !  Happy Memorial Day !  Respect to all our veterans, past & present, and our armed forces.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what will the sox do when every one of our pitchers is at fulll strength all at the same time? lets start with when lackey, wheeler and jenks return? we will have 8 guys ready for the bullpen. rich hill and wheeler are out of options i believe? assuming wake cant remember that his back is supposed to hurt who goes?