Sox trying to get Quentin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox trying to get Quentin?

I read an article about Sox trying to snag Quentin from the ChiSox.  We failed to do so before the trade deadline and Yahoo sports is stating Sox is trying again but two teams don't have a match yet.  If Sox get Bailey from the A's and send Reddick, we can certainly use Quentin and Kalish in RF. 

What would it take to get Quentin from the ChiSox?

Your thoughts please

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Re: Sox trying to get Quentin?

Maybe Ranaudo , Kalish & a low level prospect.
    I think he could put up bigger numbers in Boston.
    How is his contract? If he is a one or two year rental that may be an issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Carlos Quentin played at Stanford when Jed Lowrie was there.  He would be a very different kind of addition than like Carlos Beltran.  No idea what it would take to get Carlos, who must have a pretty good Contract as he was originally drafted by the Diamondbacks and, although still under 30, has played a number of seasons.  No idea what it would take for the Red Sox to get Carlos, but unless the White Sox are trying to get rid of his Contract, as I know has also been said of Carlos Rios, ?  I would trade Jarrod Saltalamacchia to the White Sox, but the Red Sox are pretty thin with ready ML players, particularly if the team has to trade Reddick or Kalish to the A's for Andrew Bailey.  The White Sox do have a new Manager in Robin Ventura and he may be looking a re-building rather than the way Ozzie Guillen approached things?  An outfield with Carl Crawford, Jacoby Ellsbury, Carlos Quentin and Ryan Kalish would be well balanced for the next couple of seasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He made $5.05M this year and is in his 3rd and final arb winter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I would love to see RS bringing in Quentin and Floyd.  I can't think of any offer that might work excluding Reddick who might be on his way to Oakland. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Maybe include Lowrie along with another low prospects. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Amen to that! Solves two problems with one trade.
    Quentin isn't playing platoon with Kalish. He would have won the MVP in 2008 if he hadn't gotten hurt and missed the last few weeks of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

ChiSox have loaded infield.  I think they will ask rotation and OF help. 

My best try is Doubront, Lin, Tejeda, Weiland, and PTBN for Quentin and Floyd

Or I would even go deeper and add Salty and ask to add Thornton in the package.  In that case, we have find a veteran catcher (or even resign Tek one yr deal or sign Ivan Rodriguez) and make Lavarnway as a starting catcher.  Just a thought

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Sox trying to get Quentin?:
    [QUOTE]Amen to that! Solves two problems with one trade. Quentin isn't playing platoon with Kalish. He would have won the MVP in 2008 if he hadn't gotten hurt and missed the last few weeks of the season.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

That's right! Remember, Francona isn't here any more. No more little league line-ups trying to get everyone in the game. Valetine will put his best 9 on the field for every game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]ChiSox have loaded infield.  I think they will ask rotation and OF help.  My best try is Doubront, Lin, Tejeda, Weiland, and PTBN for Quentin and Floyd Or I would even go deeper and add Salty and ask to add Thornton in the package.  In that case, we have find a veteran catcher (or even resign Tek one yr deal or sign Ivan Rodriguez) and make Lavarnway as a starting catcher.  Just a thought
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt part away too much pitchings especially Boston's thin starting rotation and bullpen!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He is a good clubhouse smart guy. .838ops in 2010 in 421 at bats. He has a few injuries so need to check out the medicals.

Phillie and Braves wanted him last year, but Phillie got Hunter Pence so they are out of if. Braves have tons of young pitching so he can be had by them.

White Sox have Dayan Viciedo ready to take over at righ field.

I see that Ventura wants a package of the caliber what Indians gave for "Ubaldo" for Danks. That tells me White Sox might want the farm for Quentin.

Give the Stanford kid a look.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

If Sox get Bailey from the A's and send Reddick,

Look up the word drivel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Quentin, a yard sale price would be about right. Trade Ellsbury and get a young Rh OF who is the real deal. Beltran and Quentin offer terrible value on the market.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

5 million in this market IS good value. Quentin is a good fit.
    Unless the RF is Mike Stanton, I wouldn't trade Ellsbury straight up for any RF/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I wouldn't trade Ellsbury straight up for any RF/

I would trade Ellsbury straight up for Hanley Ramirez, yesterday. Ramirez to LF, Crawford to RF where maybe his speed will be used, and Reddick or Kalish in center.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't trade Ellsbury straight up for any RF/ I would trade Ellsbury straight up for Hanley Ramirez, yesterday. Ramirez to LF, Crawford to RF where maybe his speed will be used, and Reddick or Kalish in center.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

But reason Hanley wanted to be trade is because he rather to play SS.  So therefore, he isnt going to Boston to play LF!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Hanley does not decide where he is played or who he plays for as a player under several contract years.  Ellsbury won't be going to Boston to play CF much longer, and Crawford has the left footed slug's parking space for many years to come. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Quentin, a yard sale price would be about right. Trade Ellsbury and get a young Rh OF who is the real deal. Beltran and Quentin offer terrible value on the market.

Trade Ellsbury, trade Ellsbury, trade Ellsbury? Ok, so trade Ellsbury, trade Ellsbury, trade Ellsbury, trade Ellsbury, trade Ellsbury, trade Ellsbury, trade Ellsbury. Trade Ellsbury---trade Ellsbury--and if that doesn't work, we can always trade Ellsbury. And if we trade Ellsbury, and we trade Ellsbury, then we might be able to trade Ellsbury, then turn around and work out a three team deal where we can trade Ellsbury. One other thing we could do is knock off the trade Ellsbury talk, because it's not going to happen. But you "aren't softy"? Most of us LIKE Ellsbury, and not only do we not want him traded, we want him inked to a multi-year deal, and FAST.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't trade Ellsbury straight up for any RF/ I would trade Ellsbury straight up for Hanley Ramirez, yesterday. Ramirez to LF, Crawford to RF where maybe his speed will be used, and Reddick or Kalish in center.

PS--we could also trade Ellsbury--just a thought.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]5 million in this market IS good value. Quentin is a good fit. Unless the RF is Mike Stanton, I wouldn't trade Ellsbury straight up for any RF/

A voice of common sense. I concur, and I like Quentin in right--I like him pounding and clearing the Monstah.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

because it's not going to happen. But you "aren't softy"? Most of us LIKE Ellsbury, and not only do we not want him traded, we want him inked to a multi-year deal, and FAST

That isn't going to happen. And, see Lowrie 2010 and 2011.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Sox trying to get Quentin?:
    [QUOTE]I read an article about Sox trying to snag Quentin from the ChiSox.  We failed to do so before the trade deadline and Yahoo sports is stating Sox is trying again but two teams don't have a match yet.  If Sox get Bailey from the A's and send Reddick, we can certainly use Quentin and Kalish in RF.  What would it take to get Quentin from the ChiSox? Your thoughts please
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Management must see something in Quentin I don't.  If we want a bit more power that's fine but what we really need is a RHH that can hit lefties.  Quentin has a career 228 BA against them.  Kalish has yet to show what he can do and any trade for a pitcher may involve Reddick.  I'm getting the impression the correct fits like Cuddyer or even Beltran may cost too much, which is a bad sign.  We also need SP badly and have no idea what Bard or Aceves may do as a starter, if that,s our plan.  Hopefully we can at least trade for a guy like Garza and build up the pen.  I also wouldn't count on Lackey or Dice ever giving us much even after surgery.

I just pray 2012 doesn't turn out like the Penny, Smoltz plan did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Quentin is 29 years old. Much younger than Beltran or Cuddyer.
    He hit .291 with a .388 OBP vs. lefties last year.
    I'll take that any day of the week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Quentin is a good OBP guy with power.  He gets injured alot, much of which comes from his tough guy approach at the plate and refusal to back off headhunting pitches.  The man gets more HBP than anyone since Don Baylor.  (Not verifying it, but it could be true.)

He has a cannon for an arm, but is a horrifically bad OF and a lousy defensive fit for RF at Fenway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Quentin is 29 years old. Much younger than Beltran or Cuddyer. He hit .291 with a .388 OBP vs. lefties last year. I'll take that any day of the week.

He's younger, but routinely misses 20%+ of the season.  Over the past four seasons, Quentin and Beltran have played in about the same number of games, with Beltran averaging a 4.0 WAR and Quentin averaging 1.7.  Beltran almost has to be a better player.