Sox will win it all---and here's why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why

In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why : Since I'm trying to understand this, why is it so important for a Yankee fan to shoot down anything upbeat said about the Red Sox on their own message board? What's wrong with rose colored glasses? Is there only room for negativity here? You guys just go around attacking any post that contains anything even remotely positive about our team. I don't get why you do it, and I don't get why people think it's OK that you do it.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I believed I posted a reasonable comment, albeit credible, and, mind you, as a result, yet more digestible to the RS masses (BTW, It's OK for them to criticize I see.) So for a change, you're just looking to attack anyone that doesn't fit with your program, especially if you think they are Yankee fans, or related imposters and or so called aliases; including those who don't display your Yankee "Star of Davids".  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Kim - instead of challenging all those who you believe to be Yankee fans here, why don't you ever go and challenge those members of RSN who are in doomsday mode; like Bill.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why : Exactly. The forum has about 99% negative posts...and with what is going on that is understood...the OP was trying to make a point that things can turn around and gave reasons for that...then the Yankee fan chimes in on a Red Sox board shooting it down and saying it would take a minor miracle. If I was a yankee fan after 2004 I would probably just keep my thoughts to myself about minor miracles and counting a team out...just sayin
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

Yes, in 2004 the best team won, and they deserved it (To quote Jeter), in large part because they were the best team, and a 3 game deficit wasn't going to deny them; they made the clutch plays the rest of the way, whether it was the Millar walk, Roberts SB, Mueller hit, Nixon catch, Schilling Red sock (almost ironic), Cabrera/Foulke heroics, managerial sleight of hands, or Ortiz walk-offs, and weren't floundering around at season's end like the current outfit. (The RS even threw behind Matsui's head to cool him off, not my favorite tactic, but admittedly it was effective nonetheless.) But in using the 2004 crutch for every negative RS moment, do you REALLY want to bring up the past?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why : Actually the 2004 Red Sox were a .500 team for much of the season spurring the infamous line from Shaughnessy that they were the biggest frauds in Red Sox history. Everyone looks back now and says that team had no problems. I am not using them as a crutch. This Red Sox team has a ton of issues and they have been talked about on here non stop. This is thread trying to look on the bright side. Talking about what could happen if Buch comes back. Talking about the run they made from May-August after the last time they had an awful slump. If I were a yankee fan I would be keep quiet until the Sox are eliminated. Head to head the Yanks don't match up well. Mariano is great but he isn't automatic against the Red Sox. Your ace CC hasn't been much of an ace against the Red Sox and when it comes to counting the Sox out or calling a turnaround a minor miracle I bring up 2004 when something happened that has never happened before or since. I think a slumping Red Sox team with a one game lead on a playoff spot with a week to go in the season can get into the playoffs and can get hot in the playoffs. I don't see how that is deemed nearly impossible.   

I don't see the connection; 2004 WAS rather miraculous, as you hypocritically pointed out; you brought it up to try to shut up Yankee fans and/or others with a different take, well, it didn't work; now, for the sake of covering up your smack, you're talking out of both corners of your mouth. Feeble.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

keeping the faith, sox will make the playoffs, then who knows, anything and everything can happen once you get there.  THEY WILL GET THERE.   then spend the off season going after some SP, not washed up retreads, but some quality pitiching, through trades or FA, ( i am not sure at this moment who maybe available),  but they will.   The King?  *fingers crossed*   You all should know by now, not to give up on the Sox, until its over.  Just feel like most of you are putting the carriage in front of the horse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I know there is plenty of reason to be negative, but I will still refrain, and suggest other fans do the same....but hey it's a free country.

You may think the ship is going down, but as a fan I have to believe they will pull it together.

If they don't......then I go down with the ship.  Going down with the ship seems to be the honorable thing to do as a fan. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We slumped before and loads of people jumped ship.
    We had a great hot streak, much of which was without Buch.
    People jumped back onboard.
    We are slumping now.
    People have short memories.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

The thing is the Sox are so close to putting it all together, regardless of the disheartening loss.  Last night was just another reminder that Paps and Bard are single inning guys.   But the Sox came back, and had the game in hand.  Bad choice by Tito?  Maybe ... it would be great to have somebody like them to pitch the 7th.   For now we have a lame rotation besides Beckett and Lester, and the bullpen is getting whacked.

I still see the Sox in the playoffs and getting their mojo back. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

I wish BUT ---have you been watching or reading???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't see how the Sox can possibly miss making the playoffs - the Yanks will help them get there and a win or two from the Sox against the mighty Orioles will clinch things and the PO berth.  Then were they go from there is all up to them.   It will be a new beginning and I like their chances.  I think just getting the regular season over will go a long way toward jump starting this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why : Ummm maybe you struggle with the written word..if you read what I said..I said what happened in 2004 was much more unlikely than what is ahead of these Red sox and possibly winning it all.  As for trying to shut up a Yankee fan, you sound offended that I brought up 2004. Sorry! LOL...It is classic though. A Yankee fan on a Red Sox message board commenting that this Sox team is pretty much done and then getting mad when a Red Sox fan on a Red Sox board brings up 2004. You can't make these things up

Noooo, you can bring up 2004 all you want; it doesn't bother me, as much as you would like to stress otherwise in order to provide a convenient distraction, I believe I made that clear, and you initially brought that up in the context of a rebuttal to Yankee fans, when what I said was pretty realistic and supported via similar opinions (or worse, ie, even more derogatory regarding the current state of affairs of the RS) of posters who are RS fans; i.e ....If I was a yankee fan after 2004 I would probably just keep my thoughts to myself about minor miracles and counting a team out..., remember?  Now you're trying to cover your tracks and play misdirection. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Is this thread from 2007?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why : Since I'm trying to understand this, why is it so important for a Yankee fan to shoot down anything upbeat said about the Red Sox on their own message board? What's wrong with rose colored glasses? Is there only room for negativity here? You guys just go around attacking any post that contains anything even remotely positive about our team. I don't get why you do it, and I don't get why people think it's OK that you do it.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I believed I posted a reasonable comment, albeit credible, and, mind you, as a result, yet more digestible to the RS masses (BTW, It's OK for them to criticize I see.) So for a change, you're just looking to attack anyone that doesn't fit with your program, especially if you think they are Yankee fans, or related imposters and or so called aliases; including those who don't display your Yankee "Star of Davids".  ---nhsteven

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incredibly, my original post questioning your post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why : Since I'm trying to understand this, why is it so important for a Yankee fan to shoot down anything upbeat said about the Red Sox on their own message board? What's wrong with rose colored glasses? Is there only room for negativity here? You guys just go around attacking any post that contains anything even remotely positive about our team. I don't get why you do it, and I don't get why people think it's OK that you do it. Posted by kimsaysthis I believed I posted a reasonable comment, albeit credible, and, mind you, as a result, yet more digestible to the RS masses (BTW, It's OK for them to criticize I see.) So for a change, you're just looking to attack anyone that doesn't fit with your program, especially if you think they are Yankee fans, or related imposters and or so called aliases; including those who don't display your Yankee "Star of Davids ".  ---nhsteven ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Incredibly, my original post questioning your post has been removed.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

And, I admit it should have not been removed; that was overkill.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Kim,

Look at this way; apparently you've gotten somebody's attention, LOL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sox will win it all---and here's why : And, I admit it should have not been removed; that was overkill.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean by "overkill". A Sox poster put up an upbeat post on a Red Sox board. You made a post objecting to that. I objected to your post. Your post remains and mine is removed -- along with my reply button I might add.