Stanton is off limit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Stanton is off limit

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-11-04/mlb-trade-rumors-marlins-declare-slugger-giancarlo-stanton-off-limits

Sound like the Seattle team where there were rumors about Felix the King being traded every year, but kept him.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Stanton is off limit

Here we go again.  Jump right in people!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Dont want him for what it will cost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

He'll be a FA in a couple of years....right when Napoli (who I think will be back for at least 2 years) will be coming off the books.....get him then when all it costs is cash.  In order to get him it will START with Boggy and Owens.....with probably RDLR and Renaudo thrown in.  I am ALL FOR trading some of the farm away for ESTABLISHED young MLB players.....but not the whole farm. 

Can we just kiss the Stanton thing good bye?..............for now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Might be another Manny, but it appears he also misses alot of games.  How much of your farm system would you trade if he's not a gamer, at least a little in the Pedroia mould?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dont want him for what it will cost.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...I don't think the Sox Front Office, especially Cherington, would ever consider trading away the package it would take to get him.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

I like Stanton, but paying cash for Beltran for 2 years is a good alternative. Miami remains in the cellar for two more years while Stanton's salary rises.... by then, the Miami GM may have different ideas and Stanton will be ancient at all of 25...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Seriously, I wouldnt mind getting him, but it is too ridiculous to unloaded farm system for him.  If Tampa can just give away Shield and another guy just for Meyer, why can Boston do it the same way too!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He'll be a FA in a couple of years....right when Napoli (who I think will be back for at least 2 years) will be coming off the books.....get him then when all it costs is cash.  In order to get him it will START with Boggy and Owens.....with probably RDLR and Renaudo thrown in.  I am ALL FOR trading some of the farm away for ESTABLISHED young MLB players.....but not the whole farm. 

[/QUOTE]

I could easily be wrong, but I wouldn't trade Bogaerts straightup for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could easily be wrong, but I wouldn't trade Bogaerts straightup for him.

[/QUOTE]

The Sox wouldn't either, Joe.  Every organization is always looking for that rare homegrown talent who they think can be that next superstar on AND off the field.  The Sox think they have one in Bogaerts & he is as "unavailable" as any player in baseball right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

Stanton only hit .259 last year, I'm the GM I'm not trading 5 top tier prospects. Marlins can keep him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Sportswizard1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stanton only hit .259 last year, I'm the GM I'm not trading 5 top tier prospects. Marlins can keep him.

[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of folks think of him as a Miggy Cabrera type hitter, but I see him as more Justin Upton type.  His K/AB is ~ 1:3.  He's young ,so it should improve, but he'll have 180 Ks in a fullseason, which, BTW, he genrally doesn't have.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of folks think of him as a Miggy Cabrera type hitter, but I see him as more Justin Upton type.  His K/AB is ~ 1:3.  He's young ,so it should improve, but he'll have 180 Ks in a fullseason, which, BTW, he genrally doesn't have.

[/QUOTE]
    And just as a point of reference, Napli had 187 K's in 2013, and we all know how frustrating THAT was.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    And just as a point of reference, Napli had 187 K's in 2013, and we all know how frustrating THAT was.

[/QUOTE]

Yes frustrating but he was second in RBI, HRs, BB, and only 15 DPs in 578 PAs and  brought a lot to the team not in the stats . Whether he K'd or flew out or grounded out it was still just an out. In many cases a K was better than a GDP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes frustrating but he was second in RBI, HRs, BB, and only 15 DPs in 578 PAs and  brought a lot to the team not in the stats . Whether he K'd or flew out or grounded out it was still just an out. In many cases a K was better than a GDP.

[/QUOTE]

You're a smart man Jim.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree at all.  In fact when he was in the midst of one of his "K-Runs" he was at least contributing by running up pitch counts.

Only two players on the Red Sox grounded into more DP's than Napoli. Ortiz and (would you believe *Pedroia!*).  No doubt that his high K rate kept him from leading the team in GIDP's and kept innings going for Nava, Gomes, etc. 

I'm just not sure that Stanton has nearly the plate discipline that Napoli has, AND if Napoli comes back do we want TWO of the K machines in the order? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Marlins are a mess right now.  As for Stanton, good luck to him.