Stay away from Boras

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Stay away from Boras

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Absolutley love Jacoby, but I'm going to the JBJ route. Maybe some these Players should talk a little.
    If its collusion, then so be it for the better of Baseball.
    Remember its all about the Fans..... at least it should be.

[/QUOTE]

Since Scott Boras currently represents Jackie Bradley Jr, Xander Bogaerts, Deven Marrerro and Anthony Ranaudo he should be easy enough to avoid. /sarcasm>

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Absolutley love Jacoby, but I'm going to the JBJ route. Maybe some these Players should talk a little.

[/QUOTE]

Since Scott Boras currently represents Jackie Bradley Jr, Xander Bogaerts, Deven Marrerro and Anthony Ranaudo he should be easy enough to avoid. /sarcasm>

[/QUOTE]

good 2 C U carney

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both players and owners already talk to each other.  Baseball is not sujbect to anti-trust laws as regular business are.  This is why players need good agents such as boras

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Boras is like Squealer from "Animal Farm."

He looks the part of the villain, and he says the villainous things, and is the voice of everything you don't want to hear.  But he is really doing exactly what others are telling him to do...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

He ruins Teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

He ruins Teams.

What teams did Scott Boras ruin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

He ruins Teams.

[/QUOTE]

No. 

He gets larger contracts for players who want larger contracts.  If no one hired Boras, would he still be bad for baseball?

Players know how he operates, and they are the ones who say "That is for ME!"  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good 2 C U carney

[/QUOTE]

Have any of these guys done anything in the Majors?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He ruins Teams.

[/QUOTE]

No. 

He gets larger contracts for players who want larger contracts.  If no one hired Boras, would he still be bad for baseball?

[/QUOTE]

Actually I meant, he forces bad Decisons for GM's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He ruins Teams.

[/QUOTE]

No. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't.   GMs are solely responsible for.their bad decisions.  All they have to do is say "No!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

He ruins Teams.

[/QUOTE]

teams ruins teams....you don't have to give all that money to just anybody..if you want to out bid a team for a player...you have to live with it...it's all on you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He ruins Teams.

[/QUOTE]

No. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't.   GMs are solely responsible for.their bad decisions.  All they have to do is say "No!"

[/QUOTE]

OK thanks Scott.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

if you really take a good look at it scott boras has been good to the red sox....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

He ruins Teams.

[/QUOTE]

not really, he just makes them act smarter.  In the sox case they have a few players who can step in and take over if a few veterans leave.  Greed is good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Who was Borass last big Free Agent Signing? And when? He is not that good of an Agent. I can see why Cano dropped him.

His last productive Free Agent? Anybody want to guess? Actually. GM's should stay away from his clients, because they are on the decline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

if you really take a good look at it scott boras has been good to the red sox....

Your right, after the 08 season, and Varitek couldn't hit. He asked for 9-11 Million, for CALLING a game. Not 1 GM in Baseball gave him an offer.
    Kept him for 1 million and he still couldn't hit.End up for trading for V-Mart and lost Masterson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

Who was Borass last big Free Agent Signing? And when? He is not that good of an Agent. I can see why Cano dropped him.

His last productive Free Agent? Anybody want to guess? Actually. GM's should stay away from his clients, because they are on the decline.

[/QUOTE]

His free agents are as productive as the clinetele of any other agent.

If you realy question his last "big" signing, I guess it depends on your defintion of big.  But he got very good offers for Kyle Lohse, Michael Bourn and Rafael Soriano last year when all were struggling to get deals after erjecting Qualifying Offers.

If his clinets are all declining, should the Sox part ways with Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley?  And also avoid in the future Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, Mark Appel, Kris Bryant, Matt Harvey, and Pedro Alvarez?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

He ruins Teams.

What teams did Scott Boras ruin?

Hey Hill.  it can be said that Mr. Boras was directly responsible for the Sox coming up short in 2008.

http://espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=manny

A couple of excerpts:

As Manny Ramirez's memorable Red Sox career began to crumble for good, two people were to blame (Manny and Boras), and yet we only heard about one of them. Had the identity of the second villain been revealed, maybe Boston fans wouldn't have been so eager to downgrade from a first-ballot Hall of Famer to Jason Bay. But we're getting ahead of ourselves. We know for sure that, heading into the last year of a $160 million deal that seemed lavish at the time and turned out to be money well spent, Boston's hierarchy (Epstein and owners John Henry, Tom Werner and Larry Lucchino) basically told Manny and Boras, "We aren't giving you an extension after the best offensive stretch in Red Sox history that didn't involve Ted Williams, and we're also not deciding on our 2009 and 2010 options yet. Let's see how you do this season." In other words, welcome to no-man's land! By not making a decision, the Red Sox did make a decision: They turned the situation over to Boras and expected his most impressionable client to handle himself with professionalism and class. Like that would happen.

So what happened? Did management offend him by not picking up the 2009 and 2010 options on his contract? Did he spiral out of control as soon as Ortiz and Julio Lugo disappeared with injuries, best friend Julian Tavarez was traded, and his Dominican Buddy Support Group vanished? Was Manny so obsessed with money that he went into napalm mode, hoping Boston would drop that 2009 option (leaving him free to conceivably earn himself a more lucrative four-year deal), even though he already earned close to $200 million and stuffed uncashed paychecks in his locker like fan letters? Or was there a more sinister reason?

(Cue the Darth Vader music.)

(Dah dah dah da-da-da da-da-da ... DAH DAH DAH da-da-da da-da-da ...)

Oh wait, we forgot ... his agent was Scott Boras!

How this double-talking burglar was omitted from the first paragraph of every post-Manny trade story remains one of the greatest inexplicabilities (I just made up that word) in sports media history.  THE GREEDIEST AND MOST RUTHLESS SPORTS AGENT OF ALL TIME WAS ONLY GETTING PAID IF HE COULD GET MANNY OUT OF THAT CONTRACT! And we were asking "why?"???

Let's pretend you were Boras last spring. First, grow fangs and imagine you sleep in a coffin. Second, divorce yourself from all parameters of human decency. (Concentrate on those dollars signs. Keep concentrating. Block everything else out.) Third, convince yourself the relationship between a player and his fans, no matter how long it has been cultivated, doesn't matter even remotely. Fourth, keep reminding yourself, as long as you can weasel Manny out of that '09 option with Boston, you're looking at a four-year contract elsewhere for $80-100 million ... as well as a big fat commission for yourself. You feeling it? You feeling like Boras yet? (Touch your new fangs to be sure.) Well, here's how you handle the "best interests" of your client: By molding Manny like a piece of cancerous Play-Doh. Maybe you start feeding him lines like, "Hey, I can't make progress on that 2009 option, they're really worried that you're washed up" and "I don't know what's wrong with Theo, supposedly he was ripping you to Gammons last week." You know every secondhand comment has a bigger purpose. You know those little digs will add up. You know Manny will start acting out. The rest is history.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

good 2 C U carney

[/QUOTE]

Have any of these guys done anything in the Majors?

[/QUOTE]

I take it you missed that Bogaerts kid in the playoffs? That's a shame.