Re: Strong Red Sox farm just got stronger.
posted at 7/8/2013 10:11 PM EDT
In response to ADG's comment:
In response to seannybboi's comment:
According to baseball america, 4 Red Sox prospects were named mid season top 50. Our #1 prospect Xander Bogaerts at #4 overall, JBJ at #21, Ranaudo at #37 and on fire Cecchini at #41. Our prospects look even more promising with Trey Ball and Jon Denney signing with the team.
Where are the bullpen arms that are needed ASAP? That's my concern.
With Miller out, here's what we have:
Out for 2013: Hanrahan & Miller
On the DL: Morales
1) Bailey- may be given another shot at the closer role soon.
2) Uehara- not meant to close full time.
3) Tazawa- a better 7th inning guy that the 8th.
4) Breslow- will have to take up the slack for Miller.
5) Wilson- has shown some signs of being a force.
6) de la Torre- I think we can do better.
7) Aceves- may be needed as a starter.
(Webster when Buch comes back)
On the farm:
Mortensen, Chris Martin, de la Rosa (starter), Drake Britton (starter), Pedro Beato, Chris Carpenter, Brandon Workman (starter), Anthony Carter, Brock Huntzinger, Jeremy Kehrt, and Ranaudo (starter in AA).