Strong Red Sox farm just got stronger.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Strong Red Sox farm just got stronger.

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

[QUOTE]

According to baseball america, 4 Red Sox prospects were named mid season top 50.  Our #1 prospect Xander Bogaerts at #4 overall, JBJ at #21, Ranaudo at #37 and on fire Cecchini at #41.  Our prospects look even more promising with Trey Ball and Jon Denney signing with the team.

Where are the bullpen arms that are needed ASAP? That's my concern.

[/QUOTE]

With Miller out, here's what we have:

Out for 2013: Hanrahan & Miller

On the DL: Morales

1) Bailey- may be given another shot at the closer role soon.

2) Uehara- not meant to close full time.

3) Tazawa- a better 7th inning guy that the 8th.

4) Breslow- will have to take up the slack for Miller.

5) Wilson- has shown some signs of being a force.

6) de la Torre- I think we can do better.

7) Aceves- may be needed as a starter.

(Webster when Buch comes back)

On the farm:

Mortensen, Chris Martin, de la Rosa (starter), Drake Britton (starter), Pedro Beato, Chris Carpenter, Brandon Workman (starter), Anthony Carter, Brock Huntzinger, Jeremy Kehrt, and Ranaudo (starter in AA).

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Lowell21's comment:

Great thread for awhile. 

For a while? Threads like this should never die

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I actually think Bogaerts could be #1 on this list.  He should at least be #3 as Taveras has been injury riddled and done very little this year.  Sano has a similar tool set than Bogaerts with more power, but Bogearts is probably the better hitter who is putting together a more impressive season at higher levels.

Buxton is the only guy I think you can arguably put ahead of Bogaerts, but I think he is only really truly a better prospect if you consider him to stick in Center and Bogaerts will definitley move off short.  And even then Buxton is several levels below Xander Bogaerts and with Bogaerts proximity to the Majors (which makes him less likely to flame out) I'd say you can make the argument that he should be #1. 

I thought the same thing.  Maybe it depends on when they did their research.  He seems to have done a little more damage more recently than earlier, but an .809 in AAA at age 20, with an 18/14 K/W seems pretty remarkable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yeah I agree.  Sano strikes out 30% of the time in the lower minors.  He has more Power than Bogaerts but A.) if his hit tool doesn't develop he won't hit more homers than Bogaerts and B.) maybe he does but if he can't cut down on the K's he's effectively a Mark Reynolds, which isn't a bad thing just that Bogaerts has a very good chance of being much much better than that.  Bogaerts is a complete hitter. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Barnes has a 1.31 era since All-Star break. Had good game last night, 5.2 innings, 1 ER, 4 hits, 7 K's.
    88.1 innings pitched, with 113 K's this year so far, not worried about this kid.