Suhprize! Henry et al don't love baseball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Suhprize! Henry et al don't love baseball

Tito's new book gives his insight into the owners ....

They like baseball

They like marketing - which makes more money - more

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Suhprize! Henry et al don't love baseball

I can't believe the ball of Werner telling Francona to find more exciting ways to win. I would have laughed at him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strangeglove. Show Strangeglove's posts

I have met Tom Werner. All I can say is that he seems to be a very very down to earth man. Liked him a lot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Strangeglove's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have met Tom Werner. All I can say is that he seems to be a very very down to earth man. Liked him a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Do you think Francona is making this up? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe the ball of Wiener telling Francona to find more exciting ways to win. I would have laughed at him.

[/QUOTE]

I can understand that the owners want to make money ... that's a "duh" - but the marketing shouldn't have driven the make up of the team.  Heck, if they forced the issue of Crawford on Epstein and Francona, thinking it was "sexy"; man did they miss the "mark"et .... I am one of just a few who seemed happy with the move but they weren't gonna make a dime from me.

I think the focus is better now ... the club house recipe etc

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

uh oh, Christmas lists just got shortened :-)

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who cares if he is or isnt.  Rich people invest in a lot of things that may not give a hoot about... if it makes money then thats all that matters.... why would this be a revelation?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Why would he not tell the truth? We can all see this ownership group talks a  lot of garbage.

Case in point, the sellout streak!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

its a known fact that the 2010 was a bridge to nowhere and low ratings...they think that was bad, wait til Ben delivers us another sub .500 season...2010 will seem like the glory days...

btw Francona, owners try to make a profilt....no one cares about bridge years....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who cares if he is or isnt.  Rich people invest in a lot of things that may not give a hoot about... if it makes money then thats all that matters.... why would this be a revelation?

[/QUOTE]

To tell Francona to win more excitingly, would be akin to a CEO telling a top producer to do his job in way that would be quite difficult to do and more importantly extremely risky to the quality of the product. He could do alright but the fact he would means that he isn't a good executive.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its a known fact that the 2010 was a bridge to nowhere and low ratings...they think that was bad, wait til Ben delivers us another sub .500 season...2010 will seem like the glory days...

btw Francona, owners try to make a profilt....no one cares about bridge years....

[/QUOTE]

You would fail a student if they responded to a question you asked in this manner. Not on topic and hardly makes sense.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You would fail a student if they responded to a question you asked in this manner. Not on topic and hardly makes sense.

[/QUOTE]

If Georom is actually shaping young minds, then I weep for the future.  He seems to have the intelligence level of a 10 year old, whines like a 2 year old and is posting on here an awful lot during "school hours."  I don't buy it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The owners were more concerned about marketing, not Epstein, Cherington, or Francona. The owners commissioned the marketing study. The owners decided to put marketing ahead of fielding the best team. Those who want to scapegoat the GM or the manager must aim a little higher. The owners run the team and are fully responsible for the product they put on the field.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Have you read the book?

The owners were more concerned about marketing, not Epstein, Cherington, or Francona. The owners commissioned the marketing study. The owners decided to put marketing ahead of fielding the best team. Those who want to scapegoat the GM or the manager must aim a little higher. The owners run the team and are fully responsible for the product they put on the field.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so epstein was forced to sign crawford and agon who he absolutely coveted? yea, ok//

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

The book came out today and all of you have read it through already? Is it an enjoyable read? Should I buy it?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Yes,  and yes.  In spite of the interplay of CHB  ...

and only the first three yesses are lies.

You, perhaps, have heard of a thing called a news release or a news article. 

Those, I have read.  The first one within 13 minutes  of its release.  Then I read a second one ...

May I take this moment to laugh at you and your pomposity.  Delightful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Have you read the book?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so epstein was forced to sign crawford and agon who he absolutely coveted? yea, ok//

[/QUOTE]

Do you have any superiors where you work? Do they dictate certain aspects of how your organization is run that may be detrimental to you doing your job?

As for Crawford and Agon, they are entirely discrete decisions. The Sox aquired Agon by trade, which most would see as a steal. Crawford was signed as a free agent for a ridiculous contract. They are in no way equivalent.

If it satisfies you more emotionally to point the finger at a single scapegoat, I will never convince you otherwise. It is naive to think that ownership doesn't sometimes make bad decisions that the organization must follow.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

is this why they are signing such "non-sexy" players now? to make it look like they weren't thinking like that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

OK, I get it. The OP is reacting to the ExtraBases column.

[/QUOTE]

You are the perfect never question the Red Sox they know best...