Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox

How long into the game will Eck say "Heck I am going to talk about the no-hitter...It ain't like it's one of our guys I'd be jinxing!"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRGL27Rings. Show FRGL27Rings's posts

Go Celtics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Angels ace Jered Weaver (6-0, 0.99 ERA) was scratched from his start against the Rays today in Florida because of a stomach virus. That could mean he will start one of the upcoming four games against the Red Sox.

The Sox missed weaver when they were in Anaheim for four games.

Weaver is 2-4 with a 4.40 ERA in 10 career starts against the Sox. In two starts last season he allowed eight earned runs over 12 innings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hopefully, that will erase any delusions that the Sox will be able to sweep another 4 game set from the Angels.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Unless the Sox can put up about 5-6 today, it's a home sweep at the hands of another mediocre team.

Lackey pitched a decent game last night.  This team's offense is just awful right now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

https://www.facebook.com/people/Andrew-Mitchell/1362870060

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Mediocre?  The M's are in last place.  They are, however, a better team than the Sox.......Pretty soon teams will be embarrassed with the battery of questions they have to answer when they drop a team to the Sox...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Felix two hits them today 5-0 Seattle. Losing the first two games against mediocre pitchers and then having to avert a sweep using Tim Wakefield against King Felix is bad baseball. I bet Milton Bradley has a big day against Wakefield.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Go Wakefield!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

2 up 2 down

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

OK, This team got up for the Yankee series!  I say they rise to the challenge of Hernandez!!!!

Go Sox!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Yes! 3 up 3 down-3 fast outs!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox:
    [QUOTE]Mediocre?  The M's are in last place.  They are, however, a better team than the Sox.......Pretty soon teams will be embarrassed with the battery of questions they have to answer when they drop a team to the Sox...
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Better than the Sox?????  Perhaps at this moment in time, but we clearly have the better team long run.  I can't explain the extended early slump with the bats, but to suggest that it's going to continue all year is simply dumb.  Not calling you dumb, but you're way off base.

Anyway, enjoy the game :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

back to back singles-YES!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

JD Drew is almost .400 against King Felix.  King Felix has an ERA over 5 and is   6- 15 in the month of May in his career

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Bases loaded!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Sunday's game thread Mariners @ Sox:
    [QUOTE]Mediocre?  The M's are in last place.  They are, however, a better team than the Sox.......Pretty soon teams will be embarrassed with the battery of questions they have to answer when they drop a team to the Sox...
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Count me among the Seattle fans who would disagree that the Mariners are "a better team than the Sox."

I anticipate that andremitch will ruin yet another game thread today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Last Sunday I picked the wrong week to draft Jed Lowrie into my active lineup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think Seattle has a clever strategy of allowing the Sox to get base runners, knowing that they do not hit with RISP. Very diabolical.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Youk out with sore hip. Buch has upset stomach. God bless Cal Ripken Jr.  We'll never see that again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

First: 6/4/2010
    Last: 5/1/2011
    I think Seattle has a clever strategy of allowing the Sox to get base runners, knowing that they do not hit with RISP. Very diabolical.
      LOL!!!  But, that's about to change!  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nice job by Wake there to pick up Pedroia.  With Felix vs. Wake, Vegas took this game off the books. But this is still baseball. Anything can happen and anyone can be beat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Time to put up Carl!!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Other than the throw, that was a great effort by Pedroia.