Survey Thread: Will the Red Sox Resign Ellsbury? Yes or No

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Survey Thread: Will the Red Sox Resign Ellsbury? Yes or No

In response to chris2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

YES! He knows what side his bread is buttered.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that he might just come back to the Sox, yes, he can get big money but which team will do that is the question, if it's a team that has really no chance of making the playoffs ,would he sign just for the money. How many millions do you really need.

[/QUOTE]
    my point exactly chris. I was reading this morning that the sox brass are very interested in all their free agents. especially napes. the problem with us just being fans is that we have no real clue as to what goes on in the clubhouse. my thoughts are that Jake really does love it here and playing with the likes of dustin,jonny and vic. corny as it may sound I think that some guys really do care who their locker is next to and that they realize that they are playing a game and getting paid completely rediculous amounts of money to do it. this group really bonded this year man. and as you pointed out, how many millions do you really need. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DAD, B-806 concur with SOFTY on this one ....... Jacoby as a player is "limited" & now pushing the otherside of 30.....  (SEE his American birth certificate)  .....

[/QUOTE]

And yet another backhanded POLITICAL slap.  It discredits everything you say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Ellsbury will sign for Pedroia money ( $14 mil per year ) and for five years then I say YES. But he will not.

[/QUOTE]

And I don't blame him for not playing for Pedroia money. Good luck to him, wherever he ends up (except if the Yankees get him), but its very unlikely to be on our team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Great player, but he's as good as gone. I resigned myself to this two or three years ago. He and Boras are reportedly looking for Carl Crawford money, and I can't blame them...they'll probably get it from some team, but it won't be Boston, nor should it be. (The Red Sox were crazy to give Crawford that contract to begin with.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

did i hear correct, asking for CCraw money???....yikes...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

did i hear correct, asking for CCraw money???....yikes...

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24227585/the-ellsbury-benchmark-exsox-teammate-crawfords-142m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I also vote for No.  But I suppose that it is possible for him to resign with the Red Sox if they can both agree on a fairly short-term deal, 3/4 years, which Ellsbury wouldn't agree to.  I don't believe that the money per year will be the problem but the number of years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great player, but he's as good as gone. I resigned myself to this two or three years ago. He and Boras are reportedly looking for Carl Crawford money, and I can't blame them...they'll probably get it from some team, but it won't be Boston, nor should it be. (The Red Sox were crazy to give Crawford that contract to begin with.)

[/QUOTE]

I think the Sox knew his departure wss inevitable for years now

Probably why thry signed Crawford in thr first placr...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

DAD, B-806 concur with SOFTY on this one ....... Jacoby as a player is "limited" & now pushing the otherside of 30.....  (SEE his American birth certificate)  .....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Me think "THEE dust protest toooo much" !!! Jacoby was born in Washington/ Oregon area , im sure that his birth certificate will show that he is now 30 years of age...... And that along with no arm, power, and being injury prone is why the SOX are saying good bye Jacoby !!!!    Nothing more, nothing less !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raydaz. Show raydaz's posts

No chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Me think "THEE dust protest toooo much" !!! Jacoby was born in Washington/ Oregon area , im sure that his birth certificate will show that he is now 30 years of age...... And that along with no arm, power, and being injury prone is why the SOX are saying good bye Jacoby !!!!    Nothing more, nothing less !!!

[/QUOTE]

That's BS and we both know it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I vote that it will end up being a surprise yes when Pedey and gang get through chewing on his ear for a few weeks.

[/QUOTE]

+1 I agree. I think Boras is more interested in lining his own pockets but Jacoby probably prefers to stay. He seems very comfortable in Boston. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No, too many teams looking for a player like him and not much else on the free-agent market suggets he'll get more than he is worth or what the Sox are willing to pay him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

no

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

I'll say yes because I want it to be yes.

16. This post has been removed.