Sweet Caroline has got to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!

Leave it where it is!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

I respectfully disagree. The song is a sweet way to get the crowd engaged and it evokes a bit of New England history.  We should not connect this to the collapse, that is on the guys on the field and in the dugout, Nuff Said.
    In Response to Sweet Caroline has got to go!:
    [QUOTE]As I write this, I'm listening to the Sox/Orioles game on Baltimore radio because WEEI is not carrying it. Coming back from commercial break after the top of the eighth, what do I hear the crowd singing to in the background? You guessed it. For some reason, I had the impression this was going away after the collapse. How presumptuous of me. Don't get me wrong, I do like the song, but I think it's time has come and gone as far as Boston baseball is concerned. Time to move on folks, it was fun while it lasted, but it's over. Play something else please, ten years is enough. Thx.!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]As I write this, I'm listening to the Sox/Orioles game on Baltimore radio because WEEI is not carrying it. Coming back from commercial break after the top of the eighth, what do I hear the crowd singing to in the background? You guessed it. For some reason, I had the impression this was going away after the collapse. How presumptuous of me. Don't get me wrong, I do like the song, but I think it's time has come and gone as far as Boston baseball is concerned. Time to move on folks, it was fun while it lasted, but it's over. Play something else please, ten years is enough. Thx.!

Are you talking about internet radio, satellite radio, or over-the-air radio?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!:
    [QUOTE]There has been much use of the epithet 'pink hat' on this board.  But, the definitions of what exactly a pink hat is have been myriad and all over the place and quite confusing. I offer my method of determining a 'pink hat' and how to tell the difference between pink hat and non-pink-hat: Non-pink hat:  the person(s) at fenway silent or mouthing half-heartedly along during 'Sweet Caroline'. Pink-hat:  The person(s) at fenway singing along with "Sweet Caroline' at the top of their lungs.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the men's chorus I heard in the men's room at Fenway Park. It put a smile on my face.
    Sorry space, it's precisely because it makes no sense that the singing of Sweet Caroline is so great. I sing along every time and I've been a fan since '72.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

99 percent of the people at Fenway Park love the singing of Sweet Caroline. Conversely 90% of the regulars on this forum hate the song. Most of the regulars on this forum are also on the BDC Music Forum and really favor the rock, blues, acid-rock, rap, and other crap from the 1980s and 1990s. Go figure. The group on that forum were told recently by a poster that they are a clique and they admitted it but said that most Internet forums are comprised ofcliques. Close-knit fraternities are the norm on these forums. It gives such types an identity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]99 percent of the people at Fenway Park love the singing of Sweet Caroline. Conversely 90% of the regulars on this forum hate the song. Most of the regulars on this forum are also on the BDC Music Forum and really favor the rock, blues, acid-rock, rap, and other crap from the 1980s and 1990s. Go figure. The group on that forum were told recently by a poster that they are a clique and they admitted it but said that most Internet forums are comprised ofcliques. Close-knit fraternities are the norm on these forums. It gives such types an identity.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Stop telling lies about the music forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbu9iIVfhno

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The collpase has nothing to do with Sweet Caroline, Ex. 

I loved the old tune long before I knew it was a Fenway tradition ... and it took an even stronger place in my heart after 2003.  For some reason, that wasa the season it just clicked with me. 

"Where it began..." used to be about a new teen kid {me} then and an imaginary girlfriend and blossomed into an anthem about the lifelong relationship with the Sox.

2004 cemented it.

I smiled like an idiot everytime I heard it after that ... and was forebad by my sons to say anything about the Sox and Fenway and .... my wife was a little more patient. But then, she was the only one still at home at that time. First son was in Iraq, second son was matriculating in the southern suburb of Toronto, Buffalo ...

I love it.   But then I never get to Fenway to let it get old to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Examiner, please respond to a reasonable question? Apparently SinceYaz is not a member of your fraternity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]99 percent of the people at Fenway Park love the singing of Sweet Caroline. Conversely 90% of the regulars on this forum hate the song. Most of the regulars on this forum are also on the BDC Music Forum and really favor the rock, blues, acid-rock, rap, and other crap from the 1980s and 1990s. Go figure. The group on that forum were told recently by a poster that they are a clique and they admitted it but said that most Internet forums are comprised ofcliques. Close-knit fraternities are the norm on these forums. It gives such types an identity.

Yeah, whereas normal people like you have fun on forums by creating multiple identities.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Some poor soul made a post on the Music forum that the 1980s music was terrible compared to that of previous decades and the clique there which was comprised of many of our posters here ganged up on him and belittled his opinion. He called them a close knit clique and he left. This same clique rules the roost here. It is sad that many posters are not aware of this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]Some poor soul made a post on the Music forum that the 1980s music was terrible compared to that of previous decades and the clique there which was comprised of many of our posters here ganged up on him and belittled his opinion. He called them a close knit clique and he left. This same clique rules the roost here. It is sad that many posters are not aware of this.

That's a load of crap. Many on the so-called "music forum clique" don't post here at all. You need to work on your research skills. And that posters opinions were not belittled at all. Rather, the music of the '80's was defended. When that poster took it personally, every poster asked him to remain in the forum. Stop with your character assassination. It was a simple difference of opinion and was debated using examples to refute the original posters opinion. Maybe you could learn something from this. Naaah! You already seem to know it all.

BTW, the "poor soul" has returned to post again on the music forum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Some poor soul made a post on the Music forum that the 1980s music was terrible compared to that of previous decades and the clique there which was comprised of many of our posters here ganged up on him and belittled his opinion. He called them a close knit clique and he left. This same clique rules the roost here. It is sad that many posters are not aware of this.

False.  He hasn't left, people explained themselves and apologized and asked him to stay.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]In Response to Sweet Caroline has got to go! : Are you talking about internet radio, satellite radio, or over-the-air radio? Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] MLBtv premium. Just happened to notice there was an audio feed in ATBAT12. Trying to triangulate my position are you pike?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]Examiner, please respond to a reasonable question? Apparently SinceYaz is not a member of your fraternity. Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] I don't know what question you're talking about pike, I've never been on the music forum, didn't even know it existed, and I dont blame the collapse on the song. I just think it's become a joke, and has run it's course.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]In Response to Sweet Caroline has got to go! : The collpase has nothing to do with Sweet Caroline, Ex.  I loved the old tune long before I knew it was a Fenway tradition ... and it took an even stronger place in my heart after 2003.  For some reason, that wasa the season it just clicked with me.  "Where it began..." used to be about a new teen kid {me} then and an imaginary girlfriend and blossomed into an anthem about the lifelong relationship with the Sox. 2004 cemented it. I smiled like an idiot everytime I heard it after that ... and was forebad by my sons to say anything about the Sox and Fenway and .... my wife was a little more patient. But then, she was the only one still at home at that time. First son was in Iraq, second son was matriculating in the southern suburb of Toronto, Buffalo ... I love it.   But then I never get to Fenway to let it get old to me. Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE] Never said it did Yaz, and I love the song too, I just think it's time to move on. To each his own.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I probably have until day light to post until the mods read all of pikies complaints about what an evil doer I am and shut me down again.

He is the village idiot isn't he.

The sad thing he's too dumb to even know it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Pike is Mr. Religion, he claims he marched with Martin Luther King.
    Is that a scream or what?

I road with George Custer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Agreed.  Time for something new.  The "traditions" of the pink hat era are getting tiresome.

Sweet Caroline has nothing to do with baseball or the Red Sox.  It's a song written by Neil Diamond about Caroline Kennedy, which is pretty creepy seeing how Caroline was still a little girl when it was written.

Maybe Dr. Charles can get The Dropkicks to resurrect another vaudeville tune about a woman and her parrot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]Pike is Mr. Religion, he claims he marched with Martin Luther King. Is that a scream or what? I road with George Custer.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I have the slides digitized to my hard drive, do you want me to post them? Of course you don't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": Never said it did Yaz, and I love the song too, I just think it's time to move on. To each his own.

AHh, ok.  It just sounded like you tied them together somehow.  My bad.

Certainly to each his own .... I'm in a Who mindset right now.  It won't last too long, I imagine.  Too many other choices to stick to for too long.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : I have the slides digitized to my hard drive, do you want me to post them? Of course you don't.

Yeah me too, I've got color shots of the last 10 minutes at little big horn.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I probably have until day light to post until the mods read all of pikies complaints about what an evil doer I am and shut me down again. He is the village idiot isn't he. The sad thing he's too dumb to even know it.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I am the vilage idiot ... and proud of it.  Not everyone earns accolades of that texture ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : I am the vilage idiot ... and proud of it.  Not everyone earns accolades of that texture ...  
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Not you Yaz.

There is only one village idiot I was referring to pike.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Why the hatred for "pink hats" or new Red Sox fans. Don't they buy the high priced tickets and add to Bosox revenues? What is wrong with that. The Yankees with so many empty high priced seats could use some "pink hats". Can any of you explain why you hate "pink hats" so much? Is it a real phobia or is it just a thing to awaken a dying forum?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Caroline has got to go! : I have the slides digitized to my hard drive, do you want me to post them? Of course you don't. Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] Sure pike, show us random pictures of Dr. King and his marchers, then point out which one is "you".