Tanaka favors Boston, New York, and Los Angeles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Tanaka favors Boston, New York, and Los Angeles

While I keep reading about how terrible the Yanquis pitching is horrid - as a team it only gave up 15 more runs the Red Sox.  The real difference seems to be in run production - or offense.  The Red Sox out scored the EE by 203 runs.  TWO HUNDRED AND THREE RUNS!  Yeeeoowww. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I keep reading about how terrible the Yanquis pitching is horrid - as a team it only gave up 15 more runs the Red Sox.  The real difference seems to be in run production - or offense.  The Red Sox out scored the EE by 203 runs.  TWO HUNDRED AND THREE RUNS!  Yeeeoowww. 

[/QUOTE]

The Yanks to their credit usually find some kind of way to stay in the race each year even with the injuries etc.  Thats why I never count them out, what they need is depth in the starting rotation when they do get to the PS.  Three solid starters who can match up with teams like the Tigers and now Sox.  Not enough pitching and just enough from others has gotten the Yanks eliminated with some pretty solid hitting lineups in recent years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

MLB.com has the Yankee SP depth chart listed as such:

1) Sabathia

2) Kuroda

3) Nova

4) Phelps

5) Pineda

6) Warren

7) Nuno

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

according to mlb trade rumors, "Tanaka wants to go to a World Series, wants a city where his family will feel at home since they don’t speak English. He has a desire to be on a team with potential to win and loves the pressure." Well lets see, we just won the world series, boston has a high asian population, and we have the potential to win again this year. I dont think any other team can offer all the things he is looking for. Cubs aint goin nowhere anytime soon. The yankees come close, but I still dont think they will win a world series this year. Way too many question marks. No pen, no starting rotation depth. The dodgers would be his second best bet. But they have not won a world series in ages, and they do not offer the cultural support the sox can. (On top of the large asian population in boston, we have koji taz wantanabe otaka in the organization as well and had okajima and dice k) If tanaka is looking for the whole package, we will definitely have a strong chance at landing him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

1) Sabathia--6.08 ERA the second half

2) Kuroda--4.25 ERA the second half

3) Nova

4) Phelps--Elbow trouble the second half

5) Pineda

6) Warren

7) Nuno

I agree, the Yankees pitching is going to be much worse then people think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Yanks to their credit usually find some kind of way to stay in the race each year even with the injuries etc.  Thats why I never count them out, what they need is depth in the starting rotation when they do get to the PS.  Three solid starters who can match up with teams like the Tigers and now Sox.  Not enough pitching and just enough from others has gotten the Yanks eliminated with some pretty solid hitting lineups in recent years.

[/QUOTE]

Craze I give the Yankees credit for nothing.  The only thing  they do is spend money and they don't even do that well.  They just spend, spend, spend and spend some more until they win something.  I have absolutely no respect for the orginization at all.  Will they have a good team? Most likely because they have bought everyone elses all star players.  The Yankees are a total joke.  I enjoy how the Red Sox operate and I really respect what the Rays do each year.  You could throw the A's in there too.  Those organizations develop good basball players every year and compete well with the money teams like the yankees.  Although I realize the Sox are not a low budget team I enjoy how they operate their organization.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BMav's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3) Nova

4) Phelps--Elbow trouble the second half

5) Pineda

6) Warren

7) Nuno

I agree, the Yankees pitching is going to be much worse then people think.

[/QUOTE]

I think most of us need to stop thinking this will be the Yankees rotation next season.  Even if the Yankees can't land Tanaka I see Garza and/or Santana in their rotation which some people will also laugh at.  The reality is Garza (like him or not) has a better career WHIP than any pitcher on our staff including Clay by a hair.  He may not have the best record because of the low run scoring teams hes pitched on but would help them a great deal. 

Both of these guys could improve their rotaion enough to keep them in the race if their lineup can produce and stay healthy.

The Yankees rotation will be decent!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Craze I give the Yankees credit for nothing.  The only thing  they do is spend money and they don't even do that well.  They just spend, spend, spend and spend some more until they win something.  I have absolutely no respect for the orginization at all.  Will they have a good team? Most likely because they have bought everyone elses all star players.  The Yankees are a total joke.  I enjoy how the Red Sox operate and I really respect what the Rays do each year.  You could throw the A's in there too.  Those organizations develop good basball players every year and compete well with the money teams like the yankees.  Although I realize the Sox are not a low budget team I enjoy how they operate their organization.  

[/QUOTE]

I can't say I disagree at all, the Yankees are probably the worst run team in baseball on many fronts.  Great in the business world otherwise they wouldn't be around today.  They are simply horrible as owners of a major league baseball club with little to no respect for any youngster who wants to come up through their system and play for them. 

I give them credit for finding pieces to the puzzle each year even after their high priced signings fail them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

according to mlb trade rumors, "Tanaka wants to go to a World Series, wants a city where his family will feel at home since they don’t speak English. He has a desire to be on a team with potential to win and loves the pressure." Well lets see, we just won the world series, boston has a high asian population, and we have the potential to win again this year. I dont think any other team can offer all the things he is looking for. Cubs aint goin nowhere anytime soon. The yankees come close, but I still dont think they will win a world series this year. Way too many question marks. No pen, no starting rotation depth. The dodgers would be his second best bet. But they have not won a world series in ages, and they do not offer the cultural support the sox can. (On top of the large asian population in boston, we have koji taz wantanabe otaka in the organization as well and had okajima and dice k) If tanaka is looking for the whole package, we will definitely have a strong chance at landing him.

[/QUOTE]

this is what ive been saying for awhile now. We probably wont give him the biggest contract but on the whole, have enough going for us in terms of team outlook and foreign integration (Japanese in particular) that it might more than make up for the difference in potential salary. i still think we are one of the front runners for Tanaka.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think most of us need to stop thinking this will be the Yankees rotation next season.  Even if the Yankees can't land Tanaka I see Garza and/or Santana in their rotation which some people will also laugh at.  The reality is Garza (like him or not) has a better career WHIP than any pitcher on our staff including Clay by a hair.  He may not have the best record because of the low run scoring teams hes pitched on but would help them a great deal. 

Both of these guys could improve their rotaion enough to keep them in the race if their lineup can produce and stay healthy.

The Yankees rotation will be decent!

Decent, but probably not good enough.

Let's say they get Garza:

3) Garza -- 4.38 ERA the second half

4) Nova --3.90 ERA/ 1.367 WHIP in September

5) Phelps--Elbow trouble the second half

6) Pineda

7) Warren

8) Nuno

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Kuroda = 2014 Cy Young

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

nice job moon

I love how you highlighted everyones 2nd 1/2 ERA

until you got to nova who had a 278 era for the 2nd 1/2

including 2 months under 210

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Well lets see, we just won the world series,

is that really a plus in this conversation

I mean when was the last time

the sox  anyone went back 2 back

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
     i still think we are one of the front runners for Tanaka.

certainly in the 'could be dept' mef

but IMO not so much in the 'will be dept '

i just don't C the sox giving the yrs it will take to sign him

especially with lester hanging

but what if they do..................... OMG!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoryismine. Show victoryismine's posts

I will bet you a million yen that he DOES NOT sign with the Sox. OK, 2 million.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nice job moon

I thought you might like that.

I like Nova, but they need more than a few months of 2.10 ERAs from him to have a good rotation.

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Regrettably, I'd say it's a safe bet that the Arod decision makes the Yanks the odds on favorite to nab Tanaka. Unless it's overturned this week, (it won't be), the Spankees will be sitting on a pile of cash for each of the next several yrs. The Red Sox would and should make a serious play for him, but they're not going to IMO. Gratz in advance Zac! You guys are gonna be a handful next season. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

not sure why so much discussion.  he will do what 99.9% of all players do.  sign with whomever offers the most $$$$.

magically right as the bidding is about to begin the NYY received a windfall of $25MM to spend.  + another $6M in bonus money they will not have to spend in 2014.

regardless....the EE will be a .500 team at best in 2014.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

not sure why so much discussion.  he will do what 99.9% of all players do.  sign with whomever offers the most $$$$.

magically right as the bidding is about to begin the NYY received a windfall of $25MM to spend.  + another $6M in bonus money they will not have to spend in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't surprise me

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nice job moon

I thought you might like that.

I like Nova, but they need more than a few months of 2.10 ERAs from him to have a good rotation.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I actually have more faith in Nova than CC at this point. I think Nova will be the ace of the staff and win 17 games or so and CC will be hurt again. Just a gut feeling. The wild card for the Yankees rotation, other than Tanaka signing, is Pineda. He's gotta man up and get his acs on the mound.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Maybe his agent told him to say this.  Money battle begins. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Tanaka has ruled out NYY.

he was quoted as saying"this organization has no honor"

the above may or may not be completely accurate

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If he wants to win, then Boston and LA take the lead, with a slight advantage to Boston coming off of a current WS win.  If it's money then it comes down to NY and LAA, but if NY is serious about getting under the cap (and they have a chance no with AROD presumably out) then Boston can compete with NY.  If it is about environment, then LA has the big advantage....they have the largest asian population in compared to other teams and they have the appeal of being closest to home.

...I think he ends up in L.A. But I'd love to see him in Boston for a reasonable price. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

sometimes more things go right than go wrong.  And why that is never something to bank on, remmeber all the story lines from Bostons 2013, from Lester to Lackey to Koji etc etc....

I don't think it is a good bet, but it is conceivable that NY has similar luck.  Perhaps Pineada has a good year and Sabathia has a bounce back year,  the rest of the rotation stays healthy and Kuroda can do it for one more year.  They could have a pretty good rotation next year.

....but I do agree with the consensus....they more than likely will stink next year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't surprise me

[/QUOTE]

reminds me of the time when some one called U pathetic

not sure what's worse

agreeing with slash who doesn't believe 1/2 of what he writes about nyy

or actually  thinkin they will finish below 500

last time the Yankees failed to play .500 in a season was 1992.