Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating

I really don't know why we keep putting McD in the lineup.  Sure the guy may get one big hit every four or five games but with Wake or Lackey on the mound you need your best lineup, especially without Papi or Youk out there.  He had a triple last night, hopefully he can do something to help tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating

Who did you expect him to put in Center?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

we got no choice tonight

blame francona/theo for wanting to carry 12 pitchers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

McDonald really does have to go.  He brings absolutely nothing to the table.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating:
    [QUOTE]I really don't know why we keep putting McD in the lineup.  Sure the guy may get one big hit every four or five games but with Wake or Lackey on the mound you need your best lineup, especially without Papi or Youk out there.  He had a triple last night, hopefully he can do something to help tonight.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable I just read why Ells is out.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Does Craze4Sox ever watch the pregame for answers regarding the lineup? Why be a loose canon or empty drum before doing an ounce of homework? Do you work out of the BDC backroom and have a vested interest in hits to the forum? Unbelievable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating:
    [QUOTE]I really don't know why we keep putting McD in the lineup.  Sure the guy may get one big hit every four or five games but with Wake or Lackey on the mound you need your best lineup, especially without Papi or Youk out there.  He had a triple last night, hopefully he can do something to help tonight.

WE? Funny, I thought it was Tito's decision.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating:
    [QUOTE]Does Craze4Sox ever watch the pregame for answers regarding the lineup? Why be a loose canon or empty drum before doing an ounce of homework? Do you work out of the BDC backroom and have a vested interest in hits to the forum? Unbelievable.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Hey Echo, no my life doesn't revolve around watching every pre game show.  Instead I chose the beach and a barbeque "shame on me", then to watch only the game.  Reddick probably could have played CF, with Lowrie at 3B and Aviles in RF.  At least McD got a hit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Hey Echo, know my life doesn't revolve around watching every pre game show.  Instead I chose the beach and a barbeque "shame on me", then to watch only the game.  Reddick probably could have played CF, with Lowrie at 3B and Aviles in RF.  At least McD got a hit.

Although if you have time to post on here, how long does it take to click on the Extra-Bases link before hand and read the pre-game notes. Common sense would tell you that if D-Mac is in CF, the reason why would be in the notes.

Just sayin'.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Although if you have time to post on here, how long does it take to click on the Extra-Bases link before hand and read the pre-game notes. Common sense would tell you that if D-Mac is in CF, the reason why would be in the notes. Just sayin'.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Can't argue there roy, but Terry has rested Jacoby in the past so that wasn't a given either.  Terry has put some strange lineups together with McD, when he shouldn't have played at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : WE? Funny, I thought it was Tito's decision.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

harness, if you spent as much time trying to be civil as you do correcting peoples spelling you may have a couple more friends here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Dmac comes through again.  Hysterical.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

It must take a unique personality or temperment to rush into the house and put on your TV and immediately run to your computer and start a thread that is ultra-opinionated about the lineup before further investigation. It would be symptomatic of having a preset agenda or opinion that was cast in concrete.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In these last 2 games he's got 2 hits and 2 RBI so far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]It must take a unique personality or temperment to rush into the house and put on your TV and immediately run to your computer and start a thread that is ultra-opinionated about the lineup before further investigation. It would be symptomatic of having a preset agenda or opinion that was cast in concrete.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOT

Hey Phil, enjoy the game I have no problem making a mistake once in awhile.  What's worse?  One who makes a mistake and owns up to it?  Or one who corrects everyones mistake and never mans up to their own?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Regardless of the reason, Tito does show faith in Dmac while many call for DFA.  Tito knows guys like Dmac will be right in the middle of big spots.  Do you all remember Bobby Kielty? (sp)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless of the reason, Tito does show faith in Dmac while many call for DFA.  Tito knows guys like Dmac will be right in the middle of big spots.  Do you all remember Bobby Kielty? (sp)
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Good point Jim,

Bobby may have been a little more consistent, thats my biggest issue with McD.  This year has brought back memories of Hinskes final year in Boston.  We also had Mo and Belli on our bench that season if I remember correctly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Good point Jim, Bobby may have been a little more consistent, thats my biggest issue with McD.  This year has brought back my memory of Hinske.  We also had Mo and Belli on our bench that season if I remember correctly.

Right.  I'm just saying that for Dmac to be consistent, he has to play fairly regularly.  The Sox tend to rest guys so you will see him as we head down the stretch. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Right.  I'm just saying that for Dmac to be consistent, he has to play fairly regularly.  The Sox tend to rest guys so you will see him as we head down the stretch. 
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

No debate and I agree, just a personal concern of mine.  Lowrie finally broke out a bit last night but he's sitting tonight.  It didn't necessarily need to be that way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : No debate and I agree, just a personal concern of mine.  Lowrie finally broke out a bit last night but he's sitting tonight.  It didn't necessarily need to be that way.

Lowrie broke out against a lefty though.  He has been a much better hitter from the right side throughout his career with the Sox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Lowrie broke out against a lefty though.  He has been a much better hitter from the right side throughout his career with the Sox.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Agreed Hfx, but it still had to help Jed's confidence to finally grab three hits.  The Sox have a habit of resting players at the wrong times. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Agreed Hfx, but it still had to help Jed's confidence to finally grab three hits.  The Sox have a habit of resting players which could come back to haunt us. 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]Are you suggesting that Francona should have played an IFer in the OF to get Lowrie in against RH, even though he doesn't hit them well because he might just hit one well because he hit a LH well last night?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

the only reason why Tito played Darnell was because Wakefield was pitching. It's all Wakefield's fault. He's the reason for the Sox woes. Release him and the rest of the team will magically play better.
    signed,
    A lot of Idiot Sox Fans on this Forum

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Are you suggesting that Francona should have played an IFer in the OF to get Lowrie in against RH, even though he doesn't hit them well because he might just hit one well because he hit a LH well last night?
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

fivekatz,

All I'm suggesting is we put the best hitters in the lineup at all times.  If we really do have a bunch of injury prone players it won't matter either way.  Throw in our sketchy pen and starting rotation, we may just have too many issues to have any major success in the PS.