Thank God for the Pats!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Thank God for the Pats!

How many more years of greatness?  

+\- 5

God I love Boston!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Thank God for the Pats!

P.s.  Pats win?  Or get bumb Luck?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.p.s.  this forum isn't too busy for a little Pats talk is it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Obligatory tie in.....

anybody make the connection between the rise of Papi & the Sox, and the rise of Brady & the Pats?

Not to mention the rise of Garnett, Peirce, & Allen w/ the C's.

Proof the GOD loves Boston!!!!!!!

How 'bout the B's & Chara, Luc, Bergi, et al.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Dog,

The game last night was great.  I love watching Brady throw all over the place - ala Gronk, that guy now in Denver, and others - but the ease at which he was able to hand off to his RUNNING  backs right now is terrific.  The newly found running game makes them more of a threat than most people give them credit.  It was one of the weaknesses for years.  But the defense and the running game turned a tight game into what looked like a laugher.  I know that it could have turned differently if Luck wasn't desparate and threw 4 picks.  When teams start focusing on the run game, Brady's arm can come out of it's holster and ....

I am a strange Pats fan because they are 1-B as far as my favorite NFL team.  The NY Giants are my 1-A favorite team, but that is because I am old enough to be an NFL guy, not an AFL guy.  (And Dad's fave were the Blue Men.) But I have long enjoyed Brady and Bill Belichick working out masterful blow outs and amazing comebacks.  I remember with fondness the days of Steve Grogan and others but I was always an NFL guy, so the Gi'nts have a marginal hold on first (something I've been told is not possible).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dog,

The game last night was great.  I love watching Brady throw all over the place - ala Gronk, that guy now in Denver, and others - but the ease at which he was able to hand off to his RUNNING  backs right now is terrific.  The newly found running game makes them more of a threat than most people give them credit.  It was one of the weaknesses for years.  But the defense and the running game turned a tight game into what looked like a laugher.  I know that it could have turned differently if Luck wasn't desparate and threw 4 picks.  When teams start focusing on the run game, Brady's arm can come out of it's holster and ....

I am a strange Pats fan because they are 1-B as far as my favorite NFL team.  The NY Giants are my 1-A favorite team, but that is because I am old enough to be an NFL guy, not an AFL guy.  (And Dad's fave were the Blue Men.) But I have long enjoyed Brady and Bill Belichick working out masterful blow outs and amazing comebacks.  I remember with fondness the days of Steve Grogan and others but I was always an NFL guy, so the Gi'nts have a marginal hold on first (something I've been told is not possible).

[/QUOTE]

As a former Duck, I knew very well what the Pats were picking up with LaGarrette Blount.  The Pats now have 3 very good running backs, & Blount add the huge element of speed, size, & strength.  He could be a very dangerous guy for the Pats long term.

Love how they are looking right now!  

I always loved Edelman, but he is now stepping up & filling the unfillable shoes of Welker.  

Too bad we are missing 2 of the best tight ends in the game.  The Pats would be unstopable!

It should be noted that our D looks much improved!  Playing very well!

Yes!  I know it's a baseball forum, but let's face it, it's a bit slow......

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

p.p.s.  this forum isn't too busy for a little Pats talk is it?

[/QUOTE]You know the rules, please stay on topic !! Cool

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Perhaps lost in all the talk of the Pat's game last night is the way that Belichick takes NFL consensus thinking and turns it on it's head. The league talking heads are currently in love with mobile QB's, yet Brady proves otherwise. The Denver-San Diego game features two pocket passers and could be the best game of the weekend. How he got a team to the AFC finals without his starting defense and some of his best offensive players available is a testament to his brainpower over braun system.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marioguy424. Show Marioguy424's posts

I hate to say it, but I actually agree with Bill for once- this is a SOX forum.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

screw the patriots.....

HATE SPEECH!  You've been reported to BDC & The psych dept. of the AMA

;).  Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

a ticket in the last row of giants stadium is currently going for $2500....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

a ticket in the last row of giants stadium is currently going for $2500....

[/QUOTE] damn...even the pigeons are scared to go up there :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hoping for good weather... to witness both Brady and Peyton put their talents on display..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hoping for good weather... to witness both Brady and Peyton put their talents on display..

[/QUOTE]

Marichal v Gibson ....   hehe  (baseball twist)

two greats, no matta what

We won't see the likes of Brady and Peyton for a long time.