Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRNYYGL. Show FRNYYGL's posts

Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal!

Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox :On the front burner. I am glad you realize that my Yankees are playing like one of the elite teams in the AL.

Entering July, My Yankees have compiled the best record in the American League and built a 2 and a ½ game lead over your favored Red Sox.
    They lead the majors in runs per game.

My Yankees current ERA of 3.51 ranks fourth in the American League. My Yankees are 15-4 in their last 19 games. My Yankees pitchers have a 2.98 ERA in their last 19 games.

And the good news keeps coming.

Derek Jeter should be activated for the series with Cleveland beginning on Monday.

Bartolo Colon is returning to the mound on Friday, while Phil Hughes with his 94 mph fastball appears poised to rejoin the club soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal!

While the Yankees are good, this is certainly the weakest team they've fielded in the past 10 years or so. Unlike teams in the past, this one has glaring weaknesses. While you never want to count them out, it's the least intimidating Yankees squad i've seen in years. It's the first time in forever I absolutely don't fear them in a seven game series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal!:
    [QUOTE]Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox :On the front burner. I am glad you realize that my Yankees are playing like one of the elite teams in the AL. Entering July, My Yankees have compiled the best record in the American League and built a 2 and a ½ game lead over your favored Red Sox. They lead the majors in runs per game. My Yankees current ERA of 3.51 ranks fourth in the American League. My Yankees are 15-4 in their last 19 games. My Yankees pitchers have a 2.98 ERA in their last 19 games. And the good news keeps coming. Derek Jeter should be activated for the series with Cleveland beginning on Monday. Bartolo Colon is returning to the mound on Friday, while Phil Hughes with his 94 mph fastball appears poised to rejoin the club soon.
    Posted by FRNYYGL[/QUOTE]

Best news I've heard all day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox :On the front burner. I am glad you realize that my Yankees are playing like one of the elite teams in the AL. Entering July, My Yankees have compiled the best record in the American League and built a 2 and a ½ game lead over your favored Red Sox. They lead the majors in runs per game. My Yankees current ERA of 3.51 ranks fourth in the American League. My Yankees are 15-4 in their last 19 games. My Yankees pitchers have a 2.98 ERA in their last 19 games. And the good news keeps coming. Derek Jeter should be activated for the series with Cleveland beginning on Monday. Bartolo Colon is returning to the mound on Friday, while Phil Hughes with his 94 mph fastball appears poised to rejoin the club soon.
    Thinks are certainly looking good!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal! : Thinks are certainly looking good!
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]
    Good evening Mr C

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Enjoy the Yankees' hot streak, while it lasts. A baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint. There are peaks and valleys in every season. Currently, the Yanks are #1 in runs scored, and slugging percentage. They are also second in OBP. In other words, their offense is carrying them. We'll see how long it lasts.

In a short series, pitching rules. The Yankees will need to bolster their starting rotation, if they're to beat the Red Sox, and the Phillies. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Not for nothing, but 2 1/2 games is bupkis, nada, nuttin'.  The Sox are gonna sweep the hapless Astros, while the Yanks will lose this series to the surging Mets.  Result? Sox are a half a game out by the end of the weekend, and, I bet, in a dead or virtual tie (within 1 game either way) by the all star break.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Getting Jeter back is a good thing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Hughes threw one, yes one pitch at 93 MPH in his last rehab outing, averaged right at 89. Meat waiting to be squared up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

I will always remember the '04  Yankees.  Jeter, Bernie, Arod, Sheffield, Gaimbi, Matsui, Posada, Clark, Sierra!  OMG was there no end to the power?!!!  Actually there was and we all know what happened.  Lol.  Despite the Yankees recent success, I have not an ounce of fear of them. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal! :      Enjoy the Yankees' hot streak, while it lasts. A baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint. There are peaks and valleys in every season. Currently, the Yanks are #1 in runs scored, and slugging percentage. They are also second in OBP. In other words, their offense is carrying them. We'll see how long it lasts.      In a short series, pitching rules. The Yankees will need to bolster their starting rotation, if they're to beat the Red Sox, and the Phillies. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LOL...but yet the Yanks ERA is a half a run lower than the red flops.

To compare the red flops staff to the phillies is a joke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

How strange for an adult who is apparently successful enough to be retired in FL to keep calling the Sox "red flops"? One would expect such behavior from a 12 yr. old with mental retardation. Anyone who is retired in FL and spends 16 hrs. per day on an enemy baseball forum acting like a "kid idiot" must have serious mental problems. Why not find a hobby or do something to make your life rewarding or worthwhile.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]How strange for an adult who is apparently successful enough to be retired in FL to keep calling the Sox "red flops"? One would expect such behavior from a 12 yr. old with mental retardation. Anyone who is retired in FL and spends 16 hrs. per day on an enemy baseball forum acting like a "kid idiot" must have serious mental problems. Why not find a hobby or do something to make your life rewarding or worthwhile.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

First off, I'm not retired.

So your coming to a baseball site to not talk baseball and just complain about other posters is considered quality time in your book? Nice hobby....do you find it rewarding?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Hughes threw one, yes one pitch at 93 MPH in his last rehab outing, averaged right at 89. Meat waiting to be squared up.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that include off-speed pitches?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Hughes threw one, yes one pitch at 93 MPH in his last rehab outing, averaged right at 89. Meat waiting to be squared up.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

The next time you are right will be the first. Here's an excerpt from an article about Hughes' last start.

Having been on the disabled list since April 15 because of an inflamed right shoulder, Hughes demonstrated the velocity he had been lacking in April, attacking the strike zone with fastball after fastball. He threw between 88-94 mph during the game, reaching 93 or higher 18 times through the first six innings.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/yankeesblog/yankees_hughes_hits_mph_strikes_Y8vCDONqVTsasmh8FmodRJ#ixzz1Qu0CWvJ4

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Sounds like the old Law - "Next time that you are right will be your first". Hey Babe, bring back Law. Most of the newbies haven't been exposed to his act.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like the old Law - "Next time that you are right will be your first". Hey Babe, bring back Law. Most of the newbies haven't been exposed to his act.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

another solid baseball post by pike

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm wondering why he would make that up; sounds like he's frying under the collar based on the last few weeks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

[QUOTE]Not for nothing, but 2 1/2 games is bupkis, nada, nuttin'.  The Sox are gonna sweep the hapless Astros, while the Yanks will lose this series to the surging Mets.  Result? Sox are a half a game out by the end of the weekend, and, I bet, in a dead or virtual tie (within 1 game either way) by the all star break.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

not only will the sox sweep the astros, but probably sweep the next 3 series

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal! : not only will the sox sweep the astros, but probably sweep the next 3 series
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    I agree completely

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank you for recognizing that my Yankees are the real deal! : not only will the sox sweep the astros, but probably sweep the next 3 series
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

they might need to just not to lose too much more ground, they don't have too much margin for error

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

As Francona reminded the Sox before sweeping the Yanks in the Bronx, "I've been around longer than I care to admit, I know something about murderers row, trust me those guys are not in the Yankee dugout!"  

Sox have now won 8 or 9 aganst NY!!!!