Thankfully our post-season hopes and dreams don't depend on Ryan Dempster...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Thankfully our post-season hopes and dreams don't depend on Ryan Dempster...

Hopefully it's the last time we see him in a gm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

Re: Thankfully our post-season hopes and dreams don't depend on Ryan Dempster...

Olbermann said they brought Dempster in "to keep it close". HAHA!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

He was pitching with an 8 run lead. Threw one down broad street to Holiday,.now it's 8 to 1 game...you don't nibble with an 8 run lead. Down 8 entering the ninth the Card's needed to bat the lineup without making an out just to get tying run on base and the go a ahead run to the plate...

Dempster did his job and oh by the way realized the dream of every kid that picks up a ball...Played and pitched in his first World Series game of his career. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And what we got out of lat night's game?  That sometimes a cleanup relief appearance results in a run?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

It's sometimes really tough being a Red Sox player.  So he made a pitch down Broadway and a good player hit it into the Monster seats ...he was looking to get outs in the 9th. He  has been on the 25 man player roster just like Taz and Ue. How would you respond if they did the same thing--"hope that's the last time we see him." Come on---he's pitched some very important innings for us this year and he may pitch a few more before it's over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully it's the last time we see him in a gm.

[/QUOTE]

flip side.  i hope we see him in 3 MORE games...all with 8 run leads.  i'm sure Koji-san will be more than happy to keep his jacket on for 3 more games.

honestly, Dempster did exactly what was expected of him and what he should have done.  thrown strikes.  no nibbling / trickery with an 8 run lead / 3 outs to go.  no walks.  you aim for middle/middle and hope they hit them at someone.  walks are the killer...not solo shots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I know. So far in the playoffs he has pitched 3 innings and given up a run.

Lets all make fun of him for it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dempster is nearly as bad as Wakefield... that is all

[/QUOTE]

One can only hope...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Sorry Beantown & Laguna Jose...I was 2 finger typing mine when I see you have commented as I have below.

I had no problem winning 8-1 instead of 8-0 and this is the type of lead you bring in a Dempster(let him pitch in his 1st World Series game too) and instead of Taz, I'd brought in Doubrount and maybe even Morales who was shaky the other night to get their feet wet and maybe get rid of jitters.

I forgot the inning, 5th or 6th when Lester had a 5-0 lead and he walked the first batter and comments were why nibble at the plate, toss it down the middle and that's what Dempster did with the 8-0 lead. Lester still gets credit for giving up "0" runs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

So, help me undertsand the psychology.  In the meaningless ninth inning clean-up of a rout, a guy who has hardly pitched in a month comes in and gives up a run, and this is worth trashing him for.  Interesting.  Help me understand why this is worth posting about or even dwelling on.  Please.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I'm fine with mop-up duty but he and Morales shouldn't be anywhere near a one run ballgame.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm fine with mop-up duty but he and Morales shouldn't be anywhere near a one run ballgame.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Why bash a guy after a win?

Why is a team within 3 games of a championship so loaded with fans that have negative views?

LaughingBe happy that Dempster is even here and in a position to give up runs.