THANKSGIVING

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

THANKSGIVING

Good Morning all...just wanted to take a minute and wish all of you guys(and ladies) and your loved ones a blessed Thanksgiving, as a resident of Staten Island i am very thankful to not have been affected by the storm, as others here and in some of the neighborhoods around me weren't as fortunate as well as the other boroughs and NJ/CT, i truly feel for them especially those that lost family members..so i wish you all a wonderful day with your families but i ask that you take a moment to pray for those who will spend that day still sorting through the aftermath...thanks and have a great day all...  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: THANKSGIVING

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good Morning all...just wanted to take a minute and wish all of you guys(and ladies) and your loved ones a blessed Thanksgiving, as a resident of Staten Island i am very thankful to not have been affected by the storm, as others here and in some of the neighborhoods around me weren't as fortunate as well as the other boroughs and NJ/CT, i truly feel for them especially those that lost family members..so i wish you all a wondeful day with your families but i ask that you take a moment to pray for those who will spend that day still sorting through the aftermath...thanks and have a great day all...  

[/QUOTE]  Good post..... Same to all..... New Jersey & New York got clobbered.... Sad to report that the Fed's, States, and local Government will drag their arrrrs's and stumble all over themselves in making things difficult for the poor people that saw their homes destroyed by that hugh storm ......  But if it was a 3rd world country, the "BIG O" would be printing $$$$$ and would cut the red tape to help out....... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thanksgiving to everyone (even Yankee and Blue Jays fans).   LOL

I got a free turkey from Shop Rite.  I hope all of you got a free turkey too.   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Back at ya Jete, and everyone here on BDC...Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

which of you will go shopping that night? I disdain the ruin of America via commercial enterprises.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

which of you will go shopping that night? I disdain the ruin of America via commercial enterprises.

[/QUOTE]

Ill be on the internet shopping :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

they make it sound as if you wanted to buy a 40" Sony flat screen that if you could not get one Thursday night you simply will not buy one. Meawhile people and family loose a holiday, and more people adjust and eventually forget what a holiday is for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't on prinipal alone. Massachusetts has it right. Blue law prevents any stores from opening on Thanksgiving. Chasing the dollar and possessions are taking over family values.

Good to see you back Jete. Glad you made it through the storm safely. My thoughts are with those who lost so much. Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

they make it sound as if you wanted to buy a 40" Sony flat screen that if you could not get one Thursday night you simply will not buy one. Meawhile people and family loose a holiday, and more people adjust and eventually forget what a holiday is for.

[/QUOTE]

Very true. ALL stores should be closed on Thanksgiving so people can get back to what the holiday is all about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Makes no sense does it guys? Imagine the corporate deciders (none of whom will work on Thanksgiving by the way - in fact they will all likely be on a 4-5 day vacation) thinking hey if the consumers cant buy on Thursday night then they will not buy at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

News for mass blue laws
    1.     Greater Fall River retailers say blue laws outdated, hamper Black Friday business
      Fall River Herald News ‎- 11 hours ago The time has arrived to reconsider Massachusettsblue laws that prohibit retailers from opening on holidays such as Thanksgiving, say ...    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't on prinipal alone. Massachusetts has it right. Blue law prevents any stores from opening on Thanksgiving. Chasing the dollar and possessions are taking over family values.

Good to see you back Jete. Glad you made it through the storm safely. My thoughts are with those who lost so much. Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving.

[/QUOTE]glad to be back...thank you and Examiner for thinking of me..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I usually gain at least three pounds on Thanksgiving and my toilet pays the price.  LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Keep your eye on George Soros & the "BIG O" as thy are trying to destroy holidays & history here in America !!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I'm not a purist in any sense of the word but it is really sad that we took the one holiday that can be celebrated by all Americans - and instead of focusing on being thankful and appreciative of our bountiful lives, we use it now solely to kick off a month-long spending bacchanalia...

That is just plain wrong. If you have two days off for the national holiday - then all businesses, stores, and non essential services should NOT be working....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

Good Morning all...just wanted to take a minute and wish all of you guys(and ladies) and your loved ones a blessed Thanksgiving, as a resident of Staten Island i am very thankful to not have been affected by the storm, as others here and in some of the neighborhoods around me weren't as fortunate as well as the other boroughs and NJ/CT, i truly feel for them especially those that lost family members..so i wish you all a wonderful day with your families but i ask that you take a moment to pray for those who will spend that day still sorting through the aftermath...thanks and have a great day all...  

[/QUOTE]

Jete...Pretty funny...I was born and grew up on Staten Island (West Brighton)...My parents, who are both from Ireland, met there and fell in love...Lucky that for my immortal soul...One of my brothers still lives there....Anyway, he was not affected either, but I do give thanks for being an American and for having all the gifts we/I have.... Are you from Staten Island originally, and if not, where do you hail from? In any event, Happy Thanksgiving fellow Yankee Foxes fan....And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the forum....May God bless you all this holiday season...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Thanks jete, you too. I am thankful this year that my dad survived his chemo this summer, and is doing better than he has in a long time. He's in remission for the time being, and has chosen to celebrate his newfound health by having rotator cuff surgery Monday! :-( It's tough to raise parents these days, but I'm glad he's still around for me to worry about. So my message to all is to be thankful for who you still have, even if you may have lost someone in the past year. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and go Pats!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks jete, you too. I am thankful this year that my dad survived his chemo this summer, and is doing better than he has in a long time. He's in remission for the time being, and has chosen to celebrate his newfound health by having rotator cuff surgery Monday! :-( It's tough to raise parents these days, but I'm glad he's still around for me to worry about. So my message to all is to be thankful for who you still have, even if you may have lost someone in the past year. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Great to hear, exam...I lost my dad to cancer some years ago, so it is awesome to hear that someone's dad has beat that particular Grim Reaper....I hope you have a great holiday season...As my mom used to say endlessly when she was alive, God is good....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great to hear, exam...I lost my dad to cancer some years ago, so it is awesome to hear that someone's dad has beat that particular Grim Reaper....I hope you have a great holiday season...As my mom used to say endlessly when she was alive, God is good....

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and yes, God is good---all the time!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on here. God Bless, from the Garden State to everyone, where ever you may call home.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Everyone, Enjoy And Be Safe.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mvpyouk20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on here. God Bless, from the Garden State to everyone, where ever you may call home.

[/QUOTE]

TY!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Happy turkey day to you, the family and all our fans jete.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Great to hear you and your family made it thru Sandy. You were on my mind and not hearing from you caused concern. For all the people that weren't as luckly I hope and pray things improve. I have extended family in Ct. that were hit fairly hard but nothing like parts of NJ and NY. Here on the south shore in Ma. the ocean was kept at bay by our sea wall. Watching the angry sea from our deck was something I've never experienced before and hope never happens again.