The AMERICAN sports fan, are we BLIND, STUPID or just plain........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The AMERICAN sports fan, are we BLIND, STUPID or just plain........

S U C K E R S ???????    Pay all that $$$$$$ to be entertained by FRAUDS/JUICERS !!!!  What say you, all you T-BALLERS ?????

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: The AMERICAN sports fan, are we BLIND, STUPID or just plain........

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

about sums you up.

Is that the best you have ???  What are you on, SON ?????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Just stop watching, Bill.  It's your choice.  Do what you think is right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Just stop watching, Bill.  It's your choice.  Do what you think is right.

Good point..... However, like the AUTOMOBILE , SPORTS and FEMALES.... Can't live with them & can't live without them !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

S U C K E R S ???????    Pay all that $$$$$$ to be entertained by FRAUDS/JUICERS !!!!  What say you, all you T-BALLERS ?????

You forgot to add, "having imaginary girlfriends" .   LOL

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Sure!  Guys like Armstrong & athletes from ALL SPORTS have been doping for a long time.  We all know it.  Are they cheaters?  Yep! 

BUT....  The one thing Armstrong said that I totally agree with is, that he viewed it as a level playing field.  If testing is not going to be universal, & the public won't demand it, I can see how many athletes feel the need to dope.

Let's stop the selective outrage!  Where's the outrage with athletes doping in the NFL?  NHL?  We're only concerned about it in the MLB & cycling?  Cut the sh  it.

NFL & NHL guys are rediculously big, strong, & fast, while concussions are an epidemic.  We are rabid about the Pats & Bruins, but somehow remain mute on the elephant in our livingroom.  PLEASE!  Until our outrage becomes universally objective, I don't want to hear the whining!  Strap on the big boy pants & learn to think beyond sound bites!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

Why do you think it's limited to Americans?  Or are you just not thinking again?  Or ever.

Hey "SMARTARRRRS",  READ THE THREAD, I was talking about "US" AND our need & love for sports since we were kids !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If I was a Player and some other player fighting for my position was going to pass me on the depth chart, thus slowing and interfering with my dreams/goals, because its known hes taking something and nobodys doing anything about it, Im doing it too.

Sorry but morality goes out the window cause im not wading in the AA or AAA waters watching someone who I know Im better than living my dream because he cheated. I say "Wheres the needle???" Im sure this was the attitude of most players that did it and probably also close to the same reasoning.

We all knew they were doing it and still paid to see it. Doent make us blind or stupid...Maybe tolerant.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

If I was a Player and some other player fighting for my position was going to pass me on the depth chart, thus slowing and interfering with my dreams/goals, because its known hes taking something and nobodys doing anything about it, Im doing it too.

Sorry but morality goes out the window cause im not wading in the AA or AAA waters watching someone who I know Im better than living my dream because he cheated. I say "Wheres the needle???" Im sure this was the attitude of most players that did it and probably also close to the same reasoning.

We all knew they were doing it and still paid to see it. Doent make us blind or stupid...Maybe tolerant.

Most THINKING fans can understand the Catch 22 all athletes are in.  Don't cheat, like thousands of your competitors, & you never even make it to the bigs, OR take a calculated risk just to stay even with the pack.

I don't consider these guys psychopaths, which is the big term being thrown around about Lance Armstrong & others.  The same sports writers who ignored the obvious pervasiveness of doping in any particular sport, are all calling these guys pschopaths?  Seriusly?  Grow the hell up! 

Where are they now on the NFL, where it seems another guy is committing suicide every other day, due to the concussions suffered in a game where elephants who move like cheetahs have been running through them for the past 15 years.  Still, we're all too focused on the MLB & cycling to use logic.  How 'bout this Bill???  Can you walk & chew gum at the same time?  Same for the rest who are so selectively outraged by Bonds & Lance????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Why do you think it's limited to Americans?  Or are you just not thinking again?  Or ever.

Hey "SMARTARRRRS",  READ THE THREAD, I was talking about "US" AND our need & love for sports since we were kids !!!

No!  You said, "The AMERICAN sports fan, are WE (AMERICANS) BLIND, STUPID or just plain suckers?"  You didn't say ALL sports fans.  I know it's hard to follow what you said 5 minutes ago, but please try to keep up. :)

SON, may I suggest that you revist your statement........ "YOUR MAKING MY POINT" !!!    Thank You......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Wow!  Well put as usual Bill.  Your logic & sound arguments simply leave me flummoxed.  I guess your out of the box thinking is just too deep for my simple mind.  As usual, I'm left dumbfounded by your intellect.  Got me again Bill.  Your non sequiturs have me at a loss for words.

No!  You said, "The AMERICAN sports fan, are WE (AMERICANS) BLIND, STUPID or just plain suckers?"  You didn't say ALL sports fans.  I know it's hard to follow what you said 5 minutes ago, but please try to keep up. :)

SON, may I suggest that you revist your statement........ "YOUR MAKING MY POINT" !!!    Thank You......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Steroids is one thing, now we have an athlete with an imaginary girlfriend.  What's next?  LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Steroids is one thing, now we have an athlete with an imaginary girlfriend.  What's next?  LOL

Forrest, FORREST GUMP & Jenny , JENNY DELL  !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Good post, Southpaw...Waaaaayyy too much money involved not to at least consider it.  I'm not a big Bonds fan, but there are rumors that he was less than enamored with the Sosa/McGwire "love fest," during the homerun chase when they weren't close to his overall talent level.  He supposedly decided to "level the playing field" and the rest is history...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Legalize it once and for all. If a player is willing to risk his health for a few dollars, then who are we to judge. Baseball knew about it way back when and closed a blind eye to it because it needed to recover from the 94 strike And Sosa and Mark M. helped the bottom line. And yes, Bonds did jump on the bandwagon because of the love fest of "98". He was the best player in the game up to that point, so why not be again. Same for the pitchers who I think followed suit in 98/99. They knew hitters were juicing and they had an unfair advantage in most cases. So as Roger did, why not.

I just don't care anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

You forgot to add, "having imaginary girlfriends".   LOL

you mean Bill is really Manti Te'o

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Legalize it once and for all. If a player is willing to risk his health for a few dollars, then who are we to judge. Baseball knew about it way back when and closed a blind eye to it because it needed to recover from the 94 strike And Sosa and Mark M. helped the bottom line. And yes, Bonds did jump on the bandwagon because of the love fest of "98". He was the best player in the game up to that point, so why not be again. Same for the pitchers who I think followed suit in 98/99. They knew hitters were juicing and they had an unfair advantage in most cases. So as Roger did, why not.

A very sensible viewpoint IMO. Seriously, it's not like drugs in sports, especially baseball, started with steroids. There have been drugs in professional baseball as long as there has been professional baseball. Being hypocritical and going all puritanical because the press thinks we should is a mug's game. As to the OP, he lost every ounce of respect I ever had for him (which admittedly wasn't much) with his two year name calling campaign against Manny. I mean, what kind of Red Sox fan could hate Manny Ramirez. It's like calling yourself a Red Sox fan and hating Big Papi.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Disagree; here's a thought; the 3 times in the 4 season interval Sosa hit more than 60 Hrs, which was only previously done by Maris, he won the HR Title ZERO Times! Is there no respect for this kind of distortion? Good for the writers keeping these guys out of the HOF; even if some of them get in eventually, the message has been sent. If some get away with it, well, we all know life's unfair; it doesn't mean we should not stop trying to make it so.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.