The AMERICAN sports fan, are we BLIND, STUPID or just plain........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: The AMERICAN sports fan, are we BLIND, STUPID or just plain........

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

If I was a Player and some other player fighting for my position was going to pass me on the depth chart, thus slowing and interfering with my dreams/goals, because its known hes taking something and nobodys doing anything about it, Im doing it too.

Sorry but morality goes out the window cause im not wading in the AA or AAA waters watching someone who I know Im better than living my dream because he cheated. I say "Wheres the needle???" Im sure this was the attitude of most players that did it and probably also close to the same reasoning.

We all knew they were doing it and still paid to see it. Doent make us blind or stupid...Maybe tolerant.

Good post, Southpaw...Waaaaayyy too much money involved not to at least consider it.  I'm not a big Bonds fan, but there are rumors that he was less than enamored with the Sosa/McGwire "love fest," during the homerun chase when they weren't close to his overall talent level.  He supposedly decided to "level the playing field" and the rest is history...

Thats why Id vote for Bonds and Clemens. Both were great ball players before the drugs and probably wouldve had great careers regardless...Sosa and McGuire? Not so much...But, thats just me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

, I can see how many athletes feel the need to dope

One can see how so many economically poor Americans feel the need to steal. Armstrong is a hormone doping fraud, just like Bonds, Tiger Woods et al. "Everyone is doing it" is both hollow and false. There are actually people who compete, athletically, and who don't inject themselves with animal hormones and synthetic "growth" hormones. The notion that those who didn't can't prove they didn't is as intellectually dishonest as "everyone was or is doing it so those who are proven or admitted doping frauds can't be held accountable".

I think I'll steal a page from softy & demagogue the race issue, as he is always want to do.   I think it's safe to infer from his "Tiger Woods, Bonds, et. al" list would continue with all the other black athletes he could think of with that pea sized brain of his.

I know complicated issues leave softy feeling confused & frightened, hence the irrational lashing out, but try to follow us hear soft one.  Steroids are FAMPANT in sports!  OUT OF CONTROL, and the inmates are running the asylum.  The governing bodies have been unable or unwilling to flat out institute strict testing policies.  Most testing is a total joke, & they catch perhaps 5% of those using.  So, what is the average athlete, hoping to secure their future in a sport they love supposed to do???

NOBODY is endorsing or excusing doping, but most thinking, rational, semi-lucid sports fans can understand it.  We are simply telling those with subjective outrage, the guys who completely ignore what's going on in the NFL or NHL, yet ring their hands over MLB doping, to grow a pair.  I won't bother suggesting that for you, as we are dealing with infertile ground to grow.

What we are advocating, since you likely missed it again, is to make testing early, often, universal, airtight, unavoidable, with ZERO holes to slip through, so as to make the playing field absolutely LEVEL.  You still with us soft one?

Now......  Do what you do, & change the subject.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

, I can see how many athletes feel the need to dope

One can see how so many economically poor Americans feel the need to steal. Armstrong is a hormone doping fraud, just like Bonds, Tiger Woods et al. "Everyone is doing it" is both hollow and false. There are actually people who compete, athletically, and who don't inject themselves with animal hormones and synthetic "growth" hormones. The notion that those who didn't can't prove they didn't is as intellectually dishonest as "everyone was or is doing it so those who are proven or admitted doping frauds can't be held accountable".

I think I'll steal a page from softy & demagogue the race issue, as he is always want to do.   I think it's safe to infer from his "Tiger Woods, Bonds, et. al" list would continue with all the other black athletes he could think of with that pea sized brain of his.

I know complicated issues leave softy feeling confused & frightened, hence the irrational lashing out, but try to follow us hear soft one.  Steroids are FAMPANT in sports!  OUT OF CONTROL, and the inmates are running the asylum.  The governing bodies have been unable or unwilling to flat out institute strict testing policies.  Most testing is a total joke, & they catch perhaps 5% of those using.  So, what is the average athlete, hoping to secure their future in a sport they love supposed to do???

NOBODY is endorsing or excusing doping, but most thinking, rational, semi-lucid sports fans can understand it.  We are simply telling those with subjective outrage, the guys who completely ignore what's going on in the NFL or NHL, yet ring their hands over MLB doping, to grow a pair.  I won't bother suggesting that for you, as we are dealing with infertile ground to grow.

What we are advocating, since you likely missed it again, is to make testing early, often, universal, airtight, unavoidable, with ZERO holes to slip through, so as to make the playing field absolutely LEVEL.  You still with us soft one?

Now......  Do what you do, & change the subject.  :)

Let's not throw Softy under the bus here.......  Actually, the level playing field went out with T-BALL & POPSICLES....... Yes, just look at how the "BIG O" was reelected, not one mention of corruption at the poles and we all know it runs wild...... Just like the idea that Bonds,Clemens ad the rest were "great players" before they became "JUICERS" !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bonds and Clemens were great ballplayers before they juiced...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

As dad would say, "Son, juice is packed with vitamins and minerals necessary for a lad's human growth and performance. Drink up."

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Clemens had a poor season in his year with the Sox and Duquette noticed and said that he was in the twilight of his career. That winter he started juicing up and started winning Cy Young awards.

Clemens won the Cy Young in 1997 and 1998 with Toronto.  I guess it was more than just his hard work.  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Clemens had a poor season in his year with the Sox and Duquette noticed and said that he was in the twilight of his career. That winter he started juicing up and started winning Cy Young awards.

B I N G O   !!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My interest in sports is at a lower level than it has been , mainly because I am tiring off the way teams are being run strictly for profit by corporate deskjockeys.

Every problem you can list about what is wrong with sports today can be traced to too much money involved. Hockey is ruined. Football , such a great game....I love the strategy , but I can hardly stand to watch a game , because of the too frequent commercials....I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter of the last Super Bowl I watched....the one where New Orleans won....missed the entire 4th quarter. I fall asleep often during NASCAR...usually around the time the 5 Hour Energy commercial runs for the 15th time. Basketball , for me, is a snoozefest from the word go.

I tune in to every Red Sox game. I sleep through the 6th and 7th innings occasionally. Usually nodding off during a pitching change.

I can stay awake through a movie , because I can play a 2 hour DVD and not be bored by Bob's Furniture, Ford, Geico or Papa John's showing me the tired old same ad day after day.

So, are blind and stupid?....no.

Any one watching NHL or NFL games is an addict....only an addict would put up with that nonsense. I watch NASCAR and baseball, simply because it is better than anything else on T.V. these days.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

My interest in sports is at a lower level than it has been , mainly because I am tiring off the way teams are being run strictly for profit by corporate deskjockeys.

Every problem you can list about what is wrong with sports today can be traced to too much money involved. Hockey is ruined. Football , such a great game....I love the strategy , but I can hardly stand to watch a game , because of the too frequent commercials....I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter of the last Super Bowl I watched....the one where New Orleans won....missed the entire 4th quarter. I fall asleep often during NASCAR...usually around the time the 5 Hour Energy commercial runs for the 15th time. Basketball , for me, is a snoozefest from the word go.

I tune in to every Red Sox game. I sleep through the 6th and 7th innings occasionally. Usually nodding off during a pitching change.

I can stay awake through a movie , because I can play a 2 hour DVD and not be bored by Bob's Furniture, Ford, Geico or Papa John's showing me the tired old same ad day after day.

Any one watching NHL or NFL games is an addict....only an addict would put up with that nonsense. I watch NASCAR and baseball, simply because it is better than anything else on T.V. these days.

Agree

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Oy!  I love the commercials, as they enable our owners to afford paying for real talent.  Any sport I love & want to watch is riveting to me, as I employ this personal little filter called ignoring & multi-tasking.  I get things done during the commercials, or I use Tivo to zip through them.  Occasionally, I actually catch a commercial worth watching.  If a commercial irritates me, I make a mental note not to buy their products.  No biggie!   Very simple!  You might want  to give it a try???  Simply don't let commercials spoil what you love.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Cheating IS the American way. Sportsmanship is a myth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Oy!  I love the commercials, as they enable our owners to afford paying for real talent.  Any sport I love & want to watch is riveting to me, as I employ this personal little filter called ignoring & multi-tasking.  I get things done during the commercials, or I use Tivo to zip through them.  Occasionally, I actually catch a commercial worth watching.  If a commercial irritates me, I make a mental note not to buy their products.  No biggie!   Very simple!  You might want  to give it a try???  Simply don't let commercials spoil what you love.

i usually wait 20 minutes after the start of a game to watch that way i can fast forward through the commercials. unless i am participating in the game threads then i will watch it live and post during the commercials.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Pete Rose was a "great ballpalyer before he bet on the Reds as a manager". 

And to the idiot who drivels "just make the playing field absolutely level", doping has nothing to do with the level of the playing field.

Lance Armstrong was a great cyclist before he admitted to doping to win races.

I know a man who was a great carpenter before he admitted to using untreated wood and billed it as treated wood.

Bonds and Clemens were injecting animal hormones to get an edge on the competition in the game of baseball. They and their defenders say that you can't prove who was doing it and we were great before you can prove when we were doing it so you can't deny us our legacy as great baseball players because no one can prove they weren't doing it.

Obama committed federal crimes that he admitted to with control substances violations, but he's sorry about it and everyone was doing it and those who might not have can't prove they weren't.

Stiffy really has trouble with reading comprehension!  Lawyer???  PLEASE!  Most are not defending the use of steroids & other PED's by any of these guys.  Those with small minds, like stiffy, can't seem to understand that with the pervasive use of PED's, even the greats end up at a competitive disadvantage WITH RESPECT TO COMPETING WITH LESS TALENTED PLAYERS WHO dope their way to better performance.  Is stiffy so oblivious that he missed McGuire & Sosa out-BASHING the far superior Bonds?  Did you miss that Stiffy?  This does not excuse the decision to CHEAT!  YES CHEAT!  It's not just you who realizes they CHEATED stiffy, as your narcissism definitely leads you to believe.  We know they cheated & must pay the price.  We simply want the owners & sports writers who enabled this to take their share of the blame!  Too tough to follow stiffy???

Let's see if stiffy can follow this in a point by point format?

1) PED's become widely used in sports

2) Testing for PED's in pro sports is wholly inadequate

3) Lesser players start outperforming already great players

4) Great players make the decision to use

5) They do so to get their edge back

6)  Hundreds & thousands use to keep the edge

7)  They are all cheaters

8)  Tesing is still too loose to rid sports of PED's

9) Those who use should be out!!!!  For good perhaps!

10)  Owners, sports-writers, & fans deserve a good deal of blame TOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Slow enough for you stiffy?  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

i usually wait 20 minutes after the start of a game to watch that way i can fast forward through the commercials. unless i am participating in the game threads then i will watch it live and post during the commercials.

There you go!  Perhaps we have helped Zilla through this dilemma.  Let's hope it's not the evil corporate interests that are the real culprit behind his loss of enjoyment.  Perhaps the altruistic PBS will take over sports & start broadcasting the games for free.  That is the clear choice for me :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Pete Rose was a "great ballpalyer before he bet on the Reds as a manager". 

And to the idiot who drivels "just make the playing field absolutely level", doping has nothing to do with the level of the playing field.

Lance Armstrong was a great cyclist before he admitted to doping to win races.

I know a man who was a great carpenter before he admitted to using untreated wood and billed it as treated wood.

Bonds and Clemens were injecting animal hormones to get an edge on the competition in the game of baseball. They and their defenders say that you can't prove who was doing it and we were great before you can prove when we were doing it so you can't deny us our legacy as great baseball players because no one can prove they weren't doing it.

Obama committed federal crimes that he admitted to with control substances violations, but he's sorry about it and everyone was doing it and those who might not have can't prove they weren't.

And don't forget Mrs. Clemens too .............   "DEBBIE DOES PED'S, AND MAYBE DALAS TOOOOO " !!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

"leveling the playing field" is a bs cop out excuse.  the exalted status of professional athletes requires more character and self-esteem and dignity than to use that tired excuse.  only thing that phrase means is they decided to justify their decision to cheat  it is exactly that thinking that corrupted almost every congressman..."if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".  those of you that lend your empathy or sympathy to these people just tells me you would do the same if you found yourself in same situation.