The Boston Dead Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

The Boston Dead Sox

That is exactly what they look like lately. Poor, sloppy playing in the field (i.e. yesterday's game). If they don't get their act together, TB will overtake them for the wild card.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: The Boston Dead Sox

Call it like you see it LL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wow ... "Dead Sox" ... never heard that one before.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Oh OK,I see what you did now.Instead of "RED" Sox you said "DEAD" Sox because they lost a couple of games.Now that is really clever!Well done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Pollya' the Sox are 3-7 in the last 10 games , perhaps as so many defended Tito for resting players, they are "Dead" maybe "dead tired", who knows. They better have their A games in the next 10 days as they play 3 at Tampa and 4 at home with Tampa next weekend with a couple at home in between with Toronto. 

A magic number of 14 is where we're at today with a 6.5 game lead on Tampa.

I hope we come out of the next week 7-3--if the next 10  games are 3-7 we're in trouble.

I do agree Pedroia needs a mental health day off--1 for  20 most recently, no one else though until we clinch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Dead Sox .... ha ha hahahhahhahhahahhahahhaha

Not funny. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Some of the championship Yankees teams of the late 90s/early 00s struggled mightily in September, only to awaken in October and win the World Series. For an established team, momentum is a fiction. It primarily helps overachievers by instilling confidence. The Red Sox should already be confident. They've got four guys left from the '04 team (Youkilis, Ortiz, Varitek, Wakefield) and ten guys from the '07 team (the '04 four, plus Pedroia, Ellsbury, Drew, Beckett, Lester, Papelbon). If Okajima ever returns (I still don't understand why he hasn't been called up with the Red Sox desperately in need of a lefthander), then that's almost half the roster with World Series experience. Add in Carl Crawford, Dan Wheeler, and John Lackey, all of whom have playoff experience with Tampa Bay and Anaheim, respectively, and these guys know how to win when the games matter most. I'm not the least bit worried about the recent losing streak. I'd rather the Red Sox struggle now than later.

Keep in mind, the difference between winning the division and clinching the wild card is neglibile. Detroit and Texas have nearly identical records. The previous thinking about winning the East to avoid Texas no longer applies; the playoff seeding won't be determined until the final weekend of the season. For those of you who want to avoid a first round matchup with the Rangers, it may very well turn out that a wild card Red Sox team draws the Tigers, and an AL East-winning Yankees team gets stuck with the Rangers; we simply don't know. The Tigers are a very good team in their own right anyway. There will be no easy road to the World Series.

The rest of the regular season should be spent determining who makes the post-season roster. The Red Sox don't have a lot of time to figure out who starts in Games 3 and 4, and who rounds out the bullpen behind Papelbon, Bard, and Aceves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: The Boston Dead Sox:
    [QUOTE]Some of the championship Yankees teams of the late 90s/early 00s struggled mightily in September, only to awaken in October and win the World Series. For an established team, momentum is a fiction. It primarily helps overachievers by instilling confidence. The Red Sox should already be confident. They've got four guys left from the '04 team (Youkilis, Ortiz, Varitek, Wakefield) and ten guys from the '07 team (the '04 four, plus Pedroia, Ellsbury, Drew, Beckett, Lester, Papelbon). If Okajima ever returns (I still don't understand why he hasn't been called up with the Red Sox desperately in need of a lefthander), then that's almost half the roster with World Series experience. Add in Carl Crawford, Dan Wheeler, and John Lackey, all of whom have playoff experience with Tampa Bay and Anaheim, respectively, and these guys know how to win when the games matter most. I'm not the least bit worried about the recent losing streak. I'd rather the Red Sox struggle now than later. Keep in mind, the difference between winning the division and clinching the wild card is neglibile. Detroit and Texas have nearly identical records. The previous thinking about winning the East to avoid Texas no longer applies; the playoff seeding won't be determined until the final weekend of the season. For those of you who want to avoid a first round matchup with the Rangers, it may very well turn out that a wild card Red Sox team draws the Tigers, and an AL East-winning Yankees team gets stuck with the Rangers; we simply don't know. The Tigers are a very good team in their own right anyway. There will be no easy road to the World Series. The rest of the regular season should be spent determining who makes the post-season roster. The Red Sox don't have a lot of time to figure out who starts in Games 3 and 4, and who rounds out the bullpen behind Papelbon, Bard, and Aceves.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Would like to face the Tigers.....want to see how Vmart does against the team that dissed him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Wow ... "Dead Sox" ... never heard that one before.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]uh oh, move over Babe...Sealed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDubs2. Show JDubs2's posts

This OP is silly because the Sox are clearly going to the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDubs2. Show JDubs2's posts

They might be slumping at the right time, at the start of the month that way they get hot at the end of the month going into the playoffs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Boston Dead Sox : uh oh, move over Babe...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

yeah "B"..........cept he calls em red flops. however, me thinks that he's just as discusted with the yanks losing to the bottom feeding Oriholes as we are to the blowjays. lol....

I'm in it to the end jetes old friend. my team needs my support more than ever right now. watch lackey go atleast 7 tonight and leave with a lead.

GO SOX.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Boston Dead Sox : yeah "B"..........cept he calls em red flops. however, me thinks that he's just as discusted with the yanks losing to the bottom feeding Oriholes as we are to the blowjays. lol.... I'm in it to the end jetes old friend. my team needs my support more than ever right now. watch lackey go atleast 7 tonight and leave with a lead. GO SOX.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

The Sox are Dead the same way they were dead at 2-10.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"I'M NOT DEAD YET!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, a lifelong Red Sox fan has given up on them. This is very significant. Stop the presses. EXTRA EXTRA. For the rest of today we will have to reassess our fandom and go to the mountaintop and make a similar decision.
    Posted by Pollyanna1964[/QUOTE]

Oh, no. This is bad. I live in Florida and there is no mountain top for me to go to. What will I do? Woe!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Boston Dead Sox : Oh, no. This is bad. I live in Florida and there is no mountain top for me to go to. What will I do? Woe! http://youtu.be/HLgQMquS6Y
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Go to Space Mountain Top.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

UGH!!! I think I'll get lost in the swamp instead.

http://youtu.be/HLgQMtquS6Y

Sorry for the poor audio quality.