The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already.

It's that time of year again. When Red Sox nation invades Citizens Bank Park the haters in the Philly news media come out with hateful and envious articles. This time they are calling us insuffereable and obnoxious and smug and other nice things. The truth is if Philly teams had won 7 titles in less then 10 years they would be smug too. Believe me I live here. Aren't you glad we are winnners and hated now, rather then lovable losers and sympathized? Absolutely! Here is the link to the article. My computers cut and paste is not working so I you will have to manually type it in. Sorry. Here it is . Go to philly.com/gonzo or go right to philly.com and go to the sports section of the Inquirer. The guy is a fomer talk show yahoo named John Gonzalez. His e-mail is gonzalez@phillynews.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already.

Red Sox and Phillie fan can argue over each of their teams winning exactly 2 World Series in the last 90 years.  Should be some arguement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Philly fans are considered the worst in sports. Bos & NY are next.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already.:
    [QUOTE]Red Sox and Phillie fan can argue over each of their teams winning exactly 2 World Series in the last 90 years.  Should be some arguement.
    Posted by massillon8[/QUOTE]

Well who is your team? Let me guess?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

In Response to Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already. : Well who is your team? Let me guess?
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

The Reds, who have won 3 World Series in the last 90 years, but neither one of the three was due to "Buying" a Championship or the use of PEDs by our 3 and 4 hitters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already. : The Reds, who have won 3 World Series in the last 90 years, but neither one of the three was due to "Buying" a Championship or the use of PEDs by our 3 and 4 hitters.

I remember those Big Red Machine teams of the 70's. Awesome team. The 90 team pulled one of the biggest WS upsets of the A's also. I'm sure the Reds of the 70's had a high payroll. But now let's get to the 90's and the 00's.  You don't think any Reds were on steroids? Every team since the 90's have had steroid users including the Red Sox. And why are you on this board and not a Reds board? And you call youself a Reds fan and don't even know that they have 4 WS titles in the past 90 years. They won in 1940 also. I remember because the SI cover after they won in 75 said it was their first championship in 35 years. I know that and I'm not even a Reds fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here's an earlier article that shows Philadelphia's class.From a NESN.com article March 11th of this year:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/philadelphia-inquirer-encourages-fans-to-throw-batteries-at-jd-drew-saying-get-your-d-cells-ready.html

Fans in Philadelphia have long memories, especially when it comes to Red Sox outfielder J. D. Drew.

In an article in The Philadelphia Inquirer on by T.J. Furman, the author made an attempt at humor by jokingly encouraging Phillies fans to throw batteries at the Boston outfielder when the Sox travel to Citizens Bank Park in June.

The article that went to print said, "You'll get one more chance to let J.D. know how you feel about him when the Sox come to town June 28-30. Get your D-cells ready."

The line has subsequently been removed from the online version, but the  cached version can still can be seen.

The newspaper ran an editor's note that apologized for "a regretful attempt at humor," according to The Boston Globe's Peter Abraham.

"The sentence, 'Get your D-cells ready,' should have been edited out of the story," the note said. "Any reference to throwing batteries at a player is neither funny nor acceptable."

Philadelphia's dislike of Drew dates back to the '90s, when the Phillies thought enough of Drew's talents to make him the second overall pick in the draft, despite repeated statements by his agent, Scott Boras, that Drew wouldn't sign for less than $10 million. The Phillies tried to call Boras' bluff and drafted Drew anyway, refusing to guarantee a contract of that size to a college player. As a result, Drew opted for a season of independent ball over signing with the club.

The move didn't sit well with many of the Philly faithful, and when Drew returned to Philadelphia as a pro on Aug. 11, 1999, as a member of the Cardinals, he was the target of several objects thrown onto the field, including batteries. It got so bad that the umpires actually had to stop the game to get the outfield cleaned up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already. : The Reds, who have won 3 World Series in the last 90 years, but neither one of the three was due to "Buying" a Championship or the use of PEDs by our 3 and 4 hitters.

The Reds are you favorite team, and you spend your time on Boston.com on a Sox board defending the Yankees? 

Aliases are hilarious. That may be a great sig line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and as bad as they are, Sixers' fans are the calmest of the bunch..Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]Here's an earlier article that shows Philadelphia's class.From a NESN.com article March 11th of this year: http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/philadelphia-inquirer-encourages-fans-to-throw-batteries-at-jd-drew-saying-get-your-d-cells-ready.html Fans in Philadelphia have long memories, especially when it comes to Red Sox outfielder J. D. Drew . In an article in The Philadelphia Inquirer on by T.J. Furman , the author made an attempt at humor by jokingly encouraging Phillies fans to throw batteries at the Boston outfielder when the Sox travel to Citizens Bank Park in June. The article that went to print said, "You'll get one more chance to let J.D. know how you feel about him when the Sox come to town June 28-30. Get your D-cells ready." The line has subsequently been removed from the online version, but the   cached version can still can be seen . The newspaper ran an editor's note that apologized for "a regretful attempt at humor," according to The Boston Globe's Peter Abraham . "The sentence, 'Get your D-cells ready,' should have been edited out of the story," the note said. "Any reference to throwing batteries at a player is neither funny nor acceptable." Philadelphia's dislike of Drew dates back to the '90s, when the Phillies thought enough of Drew's talents to make him the second overall pick in the draft, despite repeated statements by his agent, Scott Boras , that Drew wouldn't sign for less than $10 million. The Phillies tried to call Boras' bluff and drafted Drew anyway, refusing to guarantee a contract of that size to a college player. As a result, Drew opted for a season of independent ball over signing with the club. The move didn't sit well with many of the Philly faithful, and when Drew returned to Philadelphia as a pro on Aug. 11, 1999, as a member of the Cardinals, he was the target of several objects thrown onto the field, including batteries. It got so bad that the umpires actually had to stop the game to get the outfield cleaned up.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

That writer had to apologize put a retraction saying it was tounge and cheek and he really didn't mean it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Oh, no Reds ever used PED's.  If that is the case, that would be the first team.  Nice try though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterdeadthanred. Show betterdeadthanred's posts

Well, philly sports are a joke. I mean, c'mon, their most famous athlete is a fictitious movie character.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterdeadthanred. Show betterdeadthanred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already. : The Reds are you favorite team, and you spend your time on Boston.com on a Sox board defending the Yankees?  Aliases are hilarious. That may be a great sig line.

Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

You really aren't that bright. He was not defending the Yankees. He lumps them in with the sawx for buying championships and PED use.

You need to get a clue, pike.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

egads, so many terrible writers on this forum. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

the cheese steaks are pretty good

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already.:
    [QUOTE]It's that time of year again. When Red Sox nation invades Citizens Bank Park the haters in the Philly news media come out with hateful and envious articles. This time they are calling us insuffereable and obnoxious and smug and other nice things. The truth is if Philly teams had won 7 titles in less then 10 years they would be smug too. Believe me I live here. Aren't you glad we are winnners and hated now, rather then lovable losers and sympathized? Absolutely! Here is the link to the article. My computers cut and paste is not working so I you will have to manually type it in. Sorry. Here it is . Go to philly.com/gonzo or go right to philly.com and go to the sports section of the Inquirer. The guy is a fomer talk show yahoo named John Gonzalez. His e-mail is gonzalez@phillynews.com
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

They are trying to create something that is not there.  It is a really pleasant environment and the fans get along fine.  The Sox and Phils won back to back so I'm sure some good natured ribbing will take place.  Anything the writer is making up is a fabrication.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Kim is not Pike. Massillon's post history labels him more as a critic of the Red Sox and very tolerant of the Evil Empire. The Reds would have one less WS trophy if Jim Rice had played in that 1975 WS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Philly fans are considered the worst in sports. Bos & NY are next.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Get lost Yankee fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Excluding the 4 fans in Tampa and Miami, the worst fans of all are Red Sox fans. Yes, I'm a Red Sox fan, but few fans are as clueless and bigoted as Red Sox fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterdeadthanred. Show betterdeadthanred's posts

[QUOTE]Kim is not Pike. Massillon's post history labels him more as a critic of the Red Sox and very tolerant of the Evil Empire. The Reds would have one less WS trophy if Jim Rice had played in that 1975 WS.

Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Who knows if the reds would have won or not if rice had played, just wishful thinking on your part.

kim is pike.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already. : They are trying to create something that is not there.  It is a really pleasant environment and the fans get along fine.  The Sox and Phils won back to back so I'm sure some good natured ribbing will take place.  Anything the writer is making up is a fabrication.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Hey Jim are you going Wednesday? I will be down there early at McFadden's. You would be better off with a local South Philly hoagie then a Wawa one though,LOL. If you're going Wednesday stop by the Mike Schmidt satue. I will be waiting for my friend fom 6 to 6:30 wearing my 1951 Ted Williams jersey. I think for the most part it's been general ribbing but since 2005 the tolerance level has dropped when we come to town.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already. : kim is pike....true you are a sawx fan.....true you are a Yankee fan.....false you are a liar....true (otherwise you would have stayed gone along with your fellow liar jesseyeric)
    Posted by betterdeadthanred[/QUOTE]

You mean like you lieing about your employment status, LOL?

And FTR; I'm not a liar; if you don't believe me, I'll get over it. However, you are a middle aged infant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterdeadthanred. Show betterdeadthanred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The haters in the Philadelphia news media are starting already. : You mean like you lieing about your employment status, LOL? And FTR; I'm not a liar; if you don't believe me, I'll get over it. However, you are a middle aged infant.

Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

You said you were leaving the front burner.......true

You are still here......true

This makes you a liar.........true

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

go away Yankee fan... didn't you already leave "forever" about a month ago?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]go away Yankee fan... didn't you already leave "forever" about a month ago?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yes, sir.