the Japanese Rivera?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

the Japanese Rivera?

koji is doing incredible stuff beyond his minuscuke 1.17 ERA and multiple innings as of late. simply phenomenal with first strikes.. just last night, 3 of 4 of the guys faced got the first pitch called a strike. noone else was even close. i would bet he leads all relievers in that area if not in the top 5 at worse. the man is never behind in the pitch count, walks noone.. and here is the truly incredible: has retired 66 of the last 73 batters he has faced! think about that....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: the Japanese Rivera?

this guy must be a wizard of some sort to pitch at that velocity and dominate, abso dominate hitters the way he does...AMAZING 

btw i wouldnt make him our MVP like some have suggested - tha vote goes to petey or salty (maybe even lackey) or john farrell...or shane...or papi...or...

As always - 100% correct!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

this guy must be a wizard of some sort to pitch at that velocity and dominate, abso dominate hitters the way he does...AMAZING 

btw i wouldnt make him our MVP like some have suggested - tha vote goes to petey or salty (maybe even lackey) or john farrell...or shane...or papi...or...

As always - 100% correct!

Placement, late life on his pitches, and pitch selection will make a guy with an 88MPH FB look dominant. Maddox also agrees.

IRT MVP...I know its not a popular vote, but Salty has to be right up there with the kind of year he is having. Also, with Ross going down Salty stepped up and played many more games than he was supposed to. BA and OBP are way up this year and the pitching staff just loves working with him. Besides his one achillies heel, SB%, the guy is one of the better all around catchers in the league and has been a big help making the pitchers feel comfortable and with his bat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

And I thought that the Japanese Rivera was in Sasebo Japan ?????

5. This post has been removed.