The moment of truth comes sooner than expected

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

The moment of truth comes sooner than expected

This is it. This is where we see what this team is made of. After a devastating loss to an inter division rival and one more game to end the series with the RAys on deck, tomorrow we will know if we have a winning team or a 500 team. Win tomorrow and you make today a speedbump at 6-3. lose tomorrow and get a good rays team while you are slumping. I know its early but I think we will either look back at tonight as why the sox again missed the post season or we totally forget about it in October. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

Re: The moment of truth comes sooner than expected

In response to Tek-9's comment:

This is it. This is where we see what this team is made of. After a devastating loss to an inter division rival and one more game to end the series with the RAys on deck, tomorrow we will know if we have a winning team or a 500 team. Win tomorrow and you make today a speedbump at 6-3. lose tomorrow and get a good rays team while you are slumping. I know its early but I think we will either look back at tonight as why the sox again missed the post season or we totally forget about it in October. 

Really? Isn't it a bit early to predict what type of team you have? I predict that Bailey will be the closer after H blows 3 or 4 more games. He sucks bad. he was awful in Spring and was bad in Sept for the pirates.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hanrahan throws a pitch that just floats on a straight line. He's going to get taken deep more frequently than a good closer should.

not true. Most of the time when i see him pitch his blazing fastball has life to it. Cuts in on RHH. Maybe he didn't have it working tonight but he FB definitely fly straight.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

The only movement on his fastball is from his hand to the catcher's glove.

you sure about that??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2RsnKz-Js

or this:

"Furthermore, his slider and fastball have gained some more downward movement in 2011."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/752436-pittsburgh-pirates-is-joel-hanrahan-the-best-closer-in-the-national-league

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Bleacher report says it all, which is nothing.

what about video of him pitching? let me guess... it's doctored and DEFINITELY DOESN'T display the movement on his fastball and other pitches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Tak-9 gets my nomination for today's "prisoner-of-moment" award....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Hanrahan throws a pitch that just floats on a straight line. He's going to get taken deep more frequently than a good closer should.

not true. Most of the time when i see him pitch his blazing fastball has life to it. Cuts in on RHH. Maybe he didn't have it working tonight but he FB definitely fly straight.

exactly, his first outing his FB had good movement. Hes gonns give up a few walks and HR's though. Thats just who he is. He gets wild, like we saw last night. Hes either on or hes not. no in between with him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Tak-9 gets my nomination for today's "prisoner-of-moment" award....

All im saying is theres one every season and this might be it. LAst year it was the YAnkee game at home where they were up like 9-4 and lost, and two years ago it was the Blue Jays game where they were up 11-6 and lost in the 11th inning. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

There is no such thing as a devastating loss in April.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Someone got a little over emotional last night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Ya think? I think my reaction was "Oh, good grief,"  and then I went to sleep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

My concern about Hanny is the occasional (like one to each batter) wild pitches he throws. They don't go down in the book as a wild pitch, but they're no where near the strike zone! 

I mean, a pitcher, especially a closer, should be able to know APPROXIMATELY where every pitch is going... shouldn't he?  And if he's prone to having, say, 1 in 10 completely get away from him, how many of the remaining nine somewhat get away from him?  And how often is that going to result in a base hit or a HR?

I'll admit it.  This guy scares me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Yeah, but you gotta hand it to him for channeling that emotion into a super awesome action movie traile narration.  I mean, I am ready for the team to show up in battle armor and shaved heads ready to fight the Alien Hordes from the planet Oriole today.  The fate of earth is at stake!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Aceves will be on the mound tonight.  How we fare tonight is not the litnus test to assess this team's true colors.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Aceves will be on the mound tonight.  How we fare tonight is not the litnus test to assess this team's true colors.

If Aceves doesn't think he's too good to warm-up, I think he does ok. I hate to have to rely on a spot SP to win the series, but come what may.