The Official Countdown to 4000 career posts for one of this forum's finest, SPC.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The Official Countdown to 4000 career posts for one of this forum's finest, SPC.

This is the official thread to commemorate and reflect upon SPC's brilliant posting career as he approaches 4000 posts.

Regarded as one of the most knowledgeable and realistic posters on this forum, SPC has shown the ability to discuss and chime in on a wide range of baseball topics all at a high and in-depth level.

Quoted 3 teams by the Boston Globe within their sports home page shows how well-regarded he is as en elite baseball mind.

As he approaches towards 4000, now's the time to take a look back at his incredibly gifted and storied legacy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: The Official Countdown to 4000 career posts for one of this forum's finest, SPC.

...and he's so modest!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Re: The Official Countdown to 4000 career posts for one of this forum's finest, SPC.

In Response to The Official Countdown to 4000 career posts for one of this forum's finest, SPC.:
    [QUOTE]This is the official thread to commemorate and reflect upon SPC's brilliant posting career as he approaches 4000 posts. Regarded as one of the most knowledgeable and realistic posters on this forum, SPC has shown the ability to discuss and chime in on a wide range of baseball topics all at a high and in-depth level. Quoted 3 teams by the Boston Globe within their sports home page shows how well-regarded he is as en elite baseball mind. As he approaches towards 4000, now's the time to take a look back at his incredibly gifted and storied legacy.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In your attempt to toot your own horn, it sounds more like you are blowing it out your a**. Who cares how many posts anyone has?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

But can he make people laugh?

Let's examine the evidence:

"brilliant posting career"- not bad, kind of funny.

"chime in on a wide range of baseball topics all at a high and in-depth level"- this is just too funny!

"regarded as one of the most knowledgable and realistic posters on this forum"- I am now rolling on the floor!

"his incredibly gifted and storied legacy"-that's it I can't go on, I have to take a brief pause to contain myself!!!

You are busted for impersonating a person with a large ego. This carries a sentence of not less than 6 more years on this forum reading posts by Communist Contrarian and Babe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

MLB network had a report on this; will spc get there before Thome gets to 600?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

4000 SPC (Specious; Pedestrian; Casuistic) posts.  Congratulations, Mongo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Some of these people downplay the significance of your milestone.

Not me, cause I've been there.

We had a big blowout at IHOP. All my family, (cats and dogs too) showed up . When the waitress heard about my fame, I got the syrup for free! And now they even have a picture of me right next to the founder of the franchise! I signed autographs til closing. They wanted me back the next day, but I was booked a the Holiday Inn Express for a week!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I think this was tongue and cheek; at least I hope so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Countdowns to 4,000? ....ummmm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I know of no other poster who is closing on on 4,000 posts other than the esteemed SPC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Countdown to 4000 career posts for one of this forum's finest, SPC.:
    [QUOTE]I know of no other poster who is closing on on 4,000 posts other than the esteemed SPC.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]LOL...nice..don't worry DC, it may be in the cards for you some day...Tongue outWink 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Countdown to 4000 career posts for one of this forum's finest, SPC.:
    [QUOTE]In your attempt to toot your own horn, it sounds more like you are blowing it out your a**. Who cares how many posts anyone has?
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]dig that crazy cat!!!..:-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official Countdown to 4000 career posts for one of this forum's finest, SPC. : dig that crazy cat!!!..:-)
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, jete. Just don't try to pet him. I made that mistake once.

Once.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Doesn't this thread devalue the achievement that was not much of an achievement to begin with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

YAWN!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

4000 career posts

are overrated

except 4 in danny C's case

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I do have a question, how does one post 4,000 meaningful thoughts? Its like having 4,000 hits in a career and only softwipe has done that! So I guess your putting yourself in his catagory. Just my thoughts! I would take Since Yaz, Moon, Carnie, Harnass, Burrito, Jete, Zac, NHSteven, Boom, ebven crazy Bill, ETC long before................. you can fill out the rest. I hate braggers no matter who's side your on! I think it shows you dont have a life. I hope your not collecting free money off my sorry azzz

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think too many took this as a real thread, obviously the OP was having a little fun with us.

I understood the humor and played along.

I suggest some of you need to lighten up.

4,000 meaningful thoughts??? Who ever said that?

Only about 50 of my 7729 posts could be categorized as "meaningful" by any stretch of the imagination. But I've had alot of fun being irrelevant and hope to be irrelevant for years to come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]I think too many took this as a real thread, obviously the OP was having a little fun with us. I understood the humor and played along. I suggest some of you need to lighten up. 4,000 meaningful thoughts??? Who ever said that? Only about 50 of my 7729 posts could be categorized as "meaningful" by any stretch of the imagination. But I've had alot of fun being irrelevant and hope to be irrelevant for years to come.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    If you directed this to me (obviously) you lose, I find no humor in one blowing his own horn! Why waste time with meaningless thoughts, when some of us dont have time to read 4,000 post's? Im quite sure you don't care for me, as you have never said anything positive about anything i have posted, but you have in several instances taken the time to criticize some of my post's, or at least made snide remarks about them. so why not put me on ignore and follow that  direction?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjeMDvCdrtc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I think too many took this as a real thread, obviously the OP was having a little fun with us. I understood the humor and played along. I suggest some of you need to lighten up. 4,000 meaningful thoughts??? Who ever said that? Only about 50 of my 7729 posts could be categorized as "meaningful" by any stretch of the imagination. But I've had alot of fun being irrelevant and hope to be irrelevant for years to come.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Pass the trumpet please, but I'm closing in on 6,000 posts (four to go). Can I have a parade.
    Tongue out
    And unlike you Z every one of my 5,996 posts, every word, every letter is GOLD I tell you, PURE GOLD.

Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

congratulations, roy, between our some 10,000 posts, we've probably influenced the thought processes of some, oh I don't know, let me ballpark it, about 0 percent of Sox Nation. You're never wrong, I thought you were wrong once, but I was dearly mistaken.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Luis Tiant is my favorite pitcher ever. It saddens me that someone with no sense of humor is using his picture in his moniker. Just sad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Luis Tiant is my favorite pitcher ever. It saddens me that someone with no sense of humor is using his picture in his moniker. Just sad.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

sorry,  DC

no big deal, but  I have to disagree with you here

IMO

promise4you  has shown a very good sense of humor in the past

and I don't see much humor in SPC in patting himself on the back

maybe if he didn't do it so often

I'd see it more as being  funny