The Red Sox are turning the AL East into a laughing matter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

The Red Sox are turning the AL East into a laughing matter

Oh boy! it could be a long hot summer for the rest of the team
    in the AL East, the red sox are turning the division into a laughing
    matter. I`m starting to get bored of watching the red sox trouncing
    their rivals. it`s like watching a great white shark devouring a
    sea lion. The red sox are the best show on earth right now.
    The yanks need reinforcement right away if they want to compete
    with the young & exciting red sox.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Re: The Red Sox are turning the AL East into a laughing matter

Lauging matter?  Outside of the Yankees the Sox are 5-7 with the rest of the division.  The laughter is that they are only playing well against the Yankees.

I like the confidence, but there's alot of baseball left to play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

You are just about the only one laughing.  The Yankees, Rays, and Jays are all still in this. 

Now, if the Sox win the next six in a row at Toronto and at Tampa Bay, a nice smile, maybe even a little giggle, might be in order. 

Plus the real goal is to get into the playoffs in good shape. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox are turning the AL East into a laughing matter:
    [QUOTE]Lauging matter?  Outside of the Yankees the Sox are 5-7 with the rest of the division.  The laughter is that they are only playing well against the Yankees. I like the confidence, but there's alot of baseball left to play.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]
    The yankees can only beat the mets and A's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

We are only up by 2 games but the trend lines are excellent!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Sox need to keep plugging away win each series as they come avoid the losing streaks and they will be fine. I think this is Tito's biggest assest his eyes are always on the long term goal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

What interest me most going forward is that Arod and Jeter are going to continue to age under long term contracts and the Yanks had a horrible draft this year. Possibly the worst in baseball so far.

Things can change in a hurry though. How much do we think they will offer Ortiz in the off season?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

[QUOTE]We are only up by 2 games but the trend lines are excellent!
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]
    old and washed up===the yankees are finished.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Posada's contract has to be the worst contract ever.  How do they throw that kind of money at an aging catcher that just happened to put up career numbers in his contract year (BA was 60 points higher than his career average)?

ARod's contract was almost as ridiculous.  Of course ARod put up numbers in his opt out year that were comparable to his numbers with the Rangers.  Hmmmm, he posted numbers that were comparable to when he has admitted to being juiced.

I've got no problem with guys juicing (as long as it doesn't get crazy).  But if a player is going to sign a contract based on numbers he put up while on the juice, then he should continue to juice up after he's signed the contract.  If I was an owner paying huge money to a player based on juiced up performance, I either want him to continue to juice or be suspended (and I don't have to pay him).

I just think getting a contract based on PED enhanced performance and then stop taking the PEDs is like stealing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]What interest me most going forward is that Arod and Jeter are going to continue to age under long term contracts and the Yanks had a horrible draft this year. Possibly the worst in baseball so far. Things can change in a hurry though. How much do we think they will offer Ortiz in the off season?
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]Personally I am not sure the NYY go down that road. They have plenty of guys they will need to park in DH spot from night to night and they certainly should be more concerned about their pitching. You never know about the motivation to add and subtract at the same time but I don't see it as a no brainer they go there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

The Yankees will be there in September, but they are not the team to worry about now, as they have fared much better against the division than the Sox.

Without losses to the Sox, the Yankees are 12-4 in the division.  

They are the team that is making the rest of the division, outside of the Sox, a laughing matter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]Posada's contract has to be the worst contract ever.  How do they throw that kind of money at an aging catcher that just happened to put up career numbers in his contract year (BA was 60 points higher than his career average)? ARod's contract was almost as ridiculous.  Of course ARod put up numbers in his opt out year that were comparable to his numbers with the Rangers.  Hmmmm, he posted numbers that were comparable to when he has admitted to being juiced. I've got no problem with guys juicing (as long as it doesn't get crazy).  But if a player is going to sign a contract based on numbers he put up while on the juice, then he should continue to juice up after he's signed the contract.  If I was an owner paying huge money to a player based on juiced up performance, I either want him to continue to juice or be suspended (and I don't have to pay him). I just think getting a contract based on PED enhanced performance and then stop taking the PEDs is like stealing. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Yours is a truely unique stance and in some ways actually makes sense

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees will be there in September, but they are not the team to worry about now, as they have fared much better against the division than the Sox. Without losses to the Sox, the Yankees are 12-4 in the division.   They are the team that is making the rest of the division, outside of the Sox, a laughing matter.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]
    Replace A-Rod, Posada and Jeter with Moe ,Larry and Curly and there will be a tremendous improvrment in this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

A two-game lead on June 10 (and all AL East teams within six games).

Don't laugh too early.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

[QUOTE]A two-game lead on June 10 (and all AL East teams within six games). Don't laugh too early.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    The Sox are no joke is season just as the experts predicted. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Red Sox are turning the AL East into a laughing matter : Replace A-Rod, Posada and Jeter with Moe ,Larry and Curly and there will be a tremendous improvrment in this team.
    Posted by thesweetkid[/QUOTE]
    Don't fixate on the Yankees.  There are other teams in this division that the Sox have yet to prove themselves to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Oh no.....This post sounds alot like Silly-Betty. This could be another alias of that obsessed Yankee fan Silly-Betty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to The Red Sox are turning the AL East into a laughing matter:
    [QUOTE]Oh boy! it could be a long hot summer for the rest of the team in the AL East, the red sox are turning the division into a laughing matter. I`m starting to get bored of watching the red sox trouncing their rivals. it`s like watching a great white shark devouring a sea lion. The red sox are the best show on earth right now. The yanks need reinforcement right away if they want to compete with the young & exciting red sox.
    Posted by thesweetkid[/QUOTE]

Now you're getting carried away. Yes, the Sox just swept the pitching deficient Yanks. But, it's a long season, and anything can happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

EMBARRASSING!!!
    old and washed up===the yankees are finished. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Lot of season still to go. But if your a RS fan have to like where this team is headed. After terrible start now seem to be hitting stride. Other than Beckett/Ortiz/Ells and maybe Agon who on RS is haveing career year to this point. Thats the scary part! Youk/Pedroia/Scuturo/Cameron/Salty/Crawford/ Lackey/Buchholz/Wheeler/Jenks/Tek/Drew/Bard all should be better from this point forward if they're to get to their career norm numbers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Right now I'm smirking, but far from laughing.  If you'd like to laugh go ahead, but you're only laughing about one other team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

A little laugh never hurt anyone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What will keep NY in the hunt, beyond their 'flexible'payroll, is their venue. They stock up on lefty/switch hitters that fit that stadium. And it allows them a huge edge.  On the road also. 

Boston is taking a page out of their book, but it doesn't play as well at the Fens...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Kids Say the Darndest Things