The Smear Campaigns Begin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Smear Campaigns Begin?

So now Francona is  a drug addicted, moral reprobate, because he is having marital problems. Theo of course is the only person who is responsible for the bad signings, the Henry and company PR machine is in full bloom. Next we'll here how Epstein was sipping wine in the owners box when Henry was away, and that he and his wife drive to games in seperate cars.
        Why do they have to kick every body down the stairs on their way out the door, this is standard MO under Henry regime, all the warts of players from Pedro to Nomar, Damon, Millar, even Manny being Manny was taken to new heights when they were setting the stage for his exit.
     If Sox release or fail to sign players like JD, Paps, Ortiz, etc, they better watch their backs because their negatives will be spread over the Globe, absolving ownership of any blame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

Re: The Smear Campaigns Begin?

Wrong!

Theo ran those Sox favorites out of Boston (remember what Theo did to Lowell, Jason Bay, Schilling)?

No way this poor Theo routine holds water.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Very akin to politics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: The Smear Campaigns Begin?:
    [QUOTE]Wrong! Theo ran those Sox favorites out of Boston (remember what Theo did to Lowell, Jason Bay, Schilling)? No way this poor Theo routine holds water.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
       I'm not defending Theo here I too believes it's time for new blood, but why now do we here that Crawford was his, and his alone, signing over objections of ownership. BTW if Theo had any strength it was evaluating re-signing his own players, all three you mentioned Epstein made the right call, same as with Pedro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Smear Campaigns Begin? :    I'm not defending Theo here I too believes it's time for new blood, but why now do we here that Crawford was his, and his alone, signing over objections of ownership. BTW if Theo had any strength it was evaluating re-signing his own players, all three you mentioned Epstein made the right call, same as with Pedro.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

So paying Drew 70 million instead of Damon 50 million was the right call, I disagree.  Pedro and Lowe come back in 2005 and the Sox at worst win the East and probably win the World Series.

Not bringing back Schill was the right call?  They did bring him back, remember, he got 9 million to not throw a pitch!  He did bring Lowell back after 2007 though, that was a good call?

Theo was horrible at dealing with his "own" players.  Arroyo for WMP?!?!  Give me a break.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Smear Campaigns Begin? : So paying Drew 70 million instead of Damon 50 million was the right call, I disagree.  Pedro and Lowe come back in 2005 and the Sox at worst win the East and probably win the World Series. Not bringing back Schill was the right call?  They did bring him back, remember, he got 9 million to not throw a pitch!  He did bring Lowell back after 2007 though, that was a good call? Theo was horrible at dealing with his "own" players.  Arroyo for WMP?!?!  Give me a break.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Theo Chicks are crying like babies today.
    The truth finally wins out.

Bye bye InEpstein

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

It happens all the time, when someone dares to leave town.
    Jason Bay suddenly was the worst LF in history. Theo's minions put out their newfound zone ratings to justify not signing him.
    Those same BS zone ratings were used to justify signing Mike Cameroid, and moving Ellsbury to LF. One of the worst moves ever.
    Nomar is right about the litany of all those players, who left the Sox and were
    destroyed by the local media.
    Now Theo will be a victim of karma, from those same people that he used to trash Damon, Manny, Pedro, Nomar, Lowe, Bay et al, when they left Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Remember I've said this many times--beware of the Sox PR spin machine. Theo was as much a part of that as anyone over the years, so he knows the drill. So did Tito. Really I don't expect anything less from Henry-Lucchinno. Nomar was the anti-christ, Pedro was a diva, Damon was a traitor...and the fans bought it every time...hook, line and Bob Stanley sinker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You'd have thought Manny and Nomar had never did anything in a Sox jersey if you listened to half the craphola that the Sox PR machine spun on the two. Nomar got crucified by probably 90 percent of the people on this board after giving his heart out for years and years. So he wanted money? Big deal, the Sox instead would have rather given the 82 mil to Lackey and 142 mil to Crawford, you know guys who never played an inning as a Sox...great job, Sox fans...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Nomar was right, it's a pattern, and very rarely can a player in any sport leave this town and just be remembered as a good guy -- unless he is traded.  When they leave for money, they're traitors.  When coaches leave, their accomplisments are downplayed.  The smear campaign is the worst part about sports in Boston.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Cables, Nomar is a lot smarter than people ever gave him credit. He did understand the world of the Sox, and when he tried to fight the power as they say, he got thrown under a bus. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

People also forget he pretty much helped the Sox get to a 5-2 lead in the 7th game and should have been the SS on the 2003 WS champions if not for some interesting managerial decisions at the end...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Cables, Nomar is a lot smarter than people ever gave him credit. He did understand the world of the Sox, and when he tried to fight the power as they say, he got thrown under a bus. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

danny there are two sides to everything, then there's the truth. I dont know what it is anymore than anyone else, but when the sox brought nomar back for one day to retire in a sox uniform, he held a press conference. everything was great, he loved the organization, thanked them etc. afterward, in one of jerry remys more candid moments, he said "thats not how i remember it". the bottom line was they offered Nomar a 60 million $ contract and he turned it down. They traded him before he became a free agent. now he has his chance to take a shot at the sox FO. Regardless, most of the onus falls on the media IMO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Danny

Some Boston fans are just defensive and can't stand feeling like they've been rejected or let down by sports figures.  They ignore the good at all costs.  The media feeds on that.  It's like when the guy hanging out at the at club on a Saturday night asks the cute girl if he can buy her a drink.  When she says no the choob says "Eh? Yer a fatty anyway, away with you".  Defense mechanism, simply stated.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I don't think the smear campaigns are so much the fault of the Red Sox. As Nomar pointed out, this has been going on for a long, long time. Could it be the knights of the keyboard that are really at fault? Maybe there's a valid reason that players like Williams, Yaz, Rice and Nomar, not to mention Carl Everett all hated the Boston press. I just read the transcript of Joe Sullivan's chat and when he called CHB routinely insightful I almost lost it. These smear campaignd have gone on through several different ownership groups and GMs, I think the real culprit is the notoriously rabid Boston press (and radio).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Carnie, I think the scribes write what they know a lot of people want to read.  Fans want to rationalize the reasons for failure, and the media is too happy to oblige.  Rational people know it's usually not a one sided thing when something like the Sox' September swoon happens.  It's systemic, but people need their scapegoat, whether it's Lackey, Tito, Beckett, Theo or John Henry.  They project the blame as they see fit, and the media can speculate all they want about where the balme really lies and people will eat that slop up like it's a fish supper.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I guess we were right to call him COMA!

he was higher than Elvis at Vegas in his jump suit days!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to The Smear Campaigns Begin?:
    [QUOTE]   So now Francona is  a drug addicted, moral reprobate, because he is having marital problems. Theo of course is the only person who is responsible for the bad signings, the Henry and company PR machine is in full bloom. Next we'll here how Epstein was sipping wine in the owners box when Henry was away, and that he and his wife drive to games in seperate cars.     Why do they have to kick every body down the stairs on their way out the door, this is standard MO under Henry regime, all the warts of players from Pedro to Nomar, Damon, Millar, even Manny being Manny was taken to new heights when they were setting the stage for his exit.  If Sox release or fail to sign players like JD, Paps, Ortiz, etc, they better watch their backs because their negatives will be spread over the Globe, absolving ownership of any blame.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Do you guys not get it? There are never any names put to the quotes. The writers are paid to sensationalize. "Unknown Sources", for real? Might just as well insert the writers name in place of "unknown sources" & you'll get a clearer picture of what's going on. Why do you think players hate the press so much in Boston?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Smear Campaigns Begin? : So paying Drew 70 million instead of Damon 50 million was the right call, I disagree.  Pedro and Lowe come back in 2005 and the Sox at worst win the East and probably win the World Series. Not bringing back Schill was the right call?  They did bring him back, remember, he got 9 million to not throw a pitch!  He did bring Lowell back after 2007 though, that was a good call? Theo was horrible at dealing with his "own" players.  Arroyo for WMP?!?!  Give me a break.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]
       You are forgetting the above mentioned players wanted multiple years on their contracts, you're looking into a vacumn and assuming Pedro etc would have signed deals on a year to year basis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

thats right, lets sign everyone who is a FA to big money and keep them , what a bunch of cr...

if the truth is a smear is one then thats the way it goes, no one is saying francona is a bad person for his personal problems, what they are saying is that maybe his head and hart weren't were they should have been.

The obveous thing here is that the club house wasn't under control, and to say that the players should have taken control is cra.. too,

Every work place needs a manager to get things done, francona was the manager, he didn't keep the club house under control and he's out, 

time to move on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

thats right, lets sign everyone who is a FA to big money and keep them , what a bunch of cr...

if the truth is a smear is one then thats the way it goes, no one is saying francona is a bad person for his personal problems, what they are saying is that maybe his head and hart weren't were they should have been.

The obveous thing here is that the club house wasn't under control, and to say that the players should have taken control is cra.. too,

Every work place needs a manager to get things done, francona was the manager, he didn't keep the club house under control and he's out, 

time to move on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyStrong. Show ArmyStrong's posts

[QUOTE]thats right, lets sign everyone who is a FA to big money and keep them , what a bunch of cr... if the truth is a smear is one then thats the way it goes, no one is saying francona is a bad person for his personal problems, what they are saying is that maybe his head and hart weren't were they should have been. The obveous thing here is that the club house wasn't under control, and to say that the players should have taken control is cra.. too, Every work place needs a manager to get things done, francona was the manager, he didn't keep the club house under control and he's out,  time to move on.   
    Posted by sinjin5000[/QUOTE]

Francona couldn't control the Red Sox clubhouse that THEO EPSTEIN polluted with Lackey and other lackeys.

Theo's out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

When you start to peel an onion there are going to be tears. The collapse has made that peeling process pretty agressive and there appear to be a lot of people willing to talk about a lot of things "off of the record".  No one except for Pedey seems to have been immune from this.

The past situations don't really align to this situation very well at all. Nomar did not excatly conduct himself very well from the moment it was rumored the Rs were trying to trade for A-Rod. Lowe's drinking was not brought to light by anyone associated with the RS, it was Derek's wife and it came to light in DLowe's second season with Dodgers. Manny? Manny was and is Manny Ramirez.

The stuff this year is very different in that it is feeding frenzy on a much wider level than is normal even in Boston. The by-product of high expectations and qn epic collapse at the end.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyStrong. Show ArmyStrong's posts

This entire episode pretty much vindicates Pedro, D-Lowe, Manny, Jason Bay, Lowell and every other Sox player Theo ran out of here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I love this stuff...nothing makes you overlook REAL  mismanagement in a Pro Sports franchise than really cheesy personal smut...and that's what this sounds like to me...even if it were true, what business is it of anyone associated with the team, management or players alike, to air that personal stuff in public, as long as that situation had no impact on the way the team played.

Now...the Popeye's chicken and brew swilling stuff...and the FAT PIGS masquerading as professional athletes...I REALLY LUVVVVV this smutty drivel..LMAO...have to blame someone, right?!