The trophies are coming to Maine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The trophies are coming to Maine

An update on my post in J Bay's trophy schedule:

The trophies will be at Hadlock Field in Portland on Saturday, 1/25 from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm.

They will also be at the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor on Sunday, 1/26 from 10:00 am - noon, then they will be traveling to the Alfond Arena (UMaine's hockey venue) and will be there from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. 

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/01/22/sports/third-base-coach-brian-butterfield-accompanying-world-series-trophy-to-bangor-orono-event-set-for-portland/?ref=regionstate

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: The trophies are coming to Maine

Heard that this morning on the radio.  I want to head over there pretty badly but it's supposed to snow Saturday.....what a shocker.  I'm not far from Portland at all though.  A few photos with me and the trophy, a stop at Bull Feeney's for fish and chips and a few Scottish ales across the street at Gritty's is NEVER a bad day!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Sounds like the guys moving the trophy around got the same plans as you since the trophies are on display for a few hours, leaving them plenty of time for eating and drinking.  I was in Portland with wife and her cousin this summer and did the tourist boat trip, Longfellow etc.  Did get plenty of seafood but only hit an Amato's once and missed all the fun placest that you and 37 mention,King

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Fenway tomorrow, Hope they make their way down to CT

Want to take your photo with the 2004, 2007 and 2013#WorldSeries trophies? They'll be on display for free fan photos in the Red Sox ticket office this Friday from 10am-1pm. Come by and visit!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Want to take your photo with the 2004, 2007 and 2013#WorldSeries trophies? They'll be on display for free fan photos in the Red Sox ticket office this Friday from 10am-1pm. Come by and visit!

[/QUOTE] gotta gas up the car..stop for some tomatos and eggs along the way Tongue Out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like the guys moving the trophy around got the same plans as you since the trophies are on display for a few hours, leaving them plenty of time for eating and drinking.  I was in Portland with wife and her cousin this summer and did the tourist boat trip, Longfellow etc.  Did get plenty of seafood but only hit an Amato's once and missed all the fun placest that you and 37 mention,King

[/QUOTE]

Portland is one of the countrys biggest secrets when it comes to food.  There are SO MANY great restaurants in that area....with some of the best chefs around.  The beer is crazy too.  Portland....which really is barely a city is home of some of the best breweries and pubs in New England.  Gritty's, Allagash (world renowned), Shipyard and Sebago are all large micro beweries and make their home in Portland.  It also has one of the best beer bars around called the Great Lost Bear.  They have over 100 beers from all over the country and the world ON TAP....excellent place.  If you're ever back in the area....drop me a note and I can give you a bunch of suggestions based on food and drink preference.  Unfortunately for my health.....I've tried most.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Appreciate it King, I'm sure i will be that way before too long as we have connections in New Hampshire and the Maritimes. Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Portland is one of the countrys biggest secrets when it comes to food.  There are SO MANY great restaurants in that area....with some of the best chefs around.  The beer is crazy too.  Portland....which really is barely a city is home of some of the best breweries and pubs in New England.  Gritty's, Allagash (world renowned), Shipyard and Sebago are all large micro beweries and make their home in Portland.  It also has one of the best beer bars around called the Great Lost Bear.  They have over 100 beers from all over the country and the world ON TAP....excellent place.  If you're ever back in the area....drop me a note and I can give you a bunch of suggestions based on food and drink preference.  Unfortunately for my health.....I've tried most.....

[/QUOTE]

@ King...

Portland area?  I'm in the Bangor area.  My son lives a couple of miles from The Bear and it's one of my favorite stops.

Any chance you were at the Sable Oaks for the Red Sox gala there last Friday evening?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] gotta gas up the car..stop for some tomatos and eggs along the way Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Here,... throw this.

Never mind the quick fuse... Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here,... throw this.

Never mind the quick fuse... Wink

[/QUOTE] LOL...those wouldn't happen to be from ACME now would they?  Tongue OutWink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Don't forget the cheese if you are making a Fenway omelette Jete

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't forget the cheese if you are making a Fenway omelette Jete

[/QUOTE]lol..that will have to wait, it's a little hard to run from the cops holding a sizzling skillet :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

@ King...

Portland area?  I'm in the Bangor area.  My son lives a couple of miles from The Bear and it's one of my favorite stops.

Any chance you were at the Sable Oaks for the Red Sox gala there last Friday evening?

[/QUOTE]

Hey S5, No I was not at that....wish I was!!  It's hard to go wrong at the GLB....I got their 'Almighty Cheesus Burger' and their whole buffalo wings the last time I was there and I'm pretty sure I'm still full.....I went last November.  Bangor is a great area.  Love going to concerts on the waterfront followed by maybe a quick hit at Hollywood slots HAHA!!  I actually just chatted with a friend that lives there earlier today and she was raving about a new restaurant called 'Blaze'....same place where the Whig Courier Pub used to be. 

Truth be told.  I don't go to Portland as much as I used to.  Lived there for a few years then moved to Brunswick....then moved again....now I'm kind of nomad!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

@ King...

[/QUOTE]

Hey S5, No I was not at that....wish I was!!  It's hard to go wrong at the GLB....I got their 'Almighty Cheesus Burger' and their whole buffalo wings the last time I was there and I'm pretty sure I'm still full.....I went last November.  Bangor is a great area.  Love going to concerts on the waterfront followed by maybe a quick hit at Hollywood slots HAHA!!  I actually just chatted with a friend that lives there earlier today and she was raving about a new restaurant called 'Blaze'....same place where the Whig Courier Pub used to be. 

Truth be told.  I don't go to Portland as much as I used to.  Lived there for a few years then moved to Brunswick....then moved again....now I'm kind of nomad!

[/QUOTE]
    Hmm... you're the second person in less than a week who's said something good about "Blaze".  Gotta try that place, SOON. 

Bangor is up and coming with more to do all the time but I still frequently wish I were nearer Portland.  Bangor is getting more brew pubs all the time but nothing compares with the ones in Portland. 

If you ever get to a Sea Dogs game we should hook up there sometime.  1st beer is on me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

@ King...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Hmm... you're the second person in less than a week who's said something good about "Blaze".  Gotta try that place, SOON. 

Bangor is up and coming with more to do all the time but I still frequently wish I were nearer Portland.  Bangor is getting more brew pubs all the time but nothing compares with the ones in Portland. 

If you ever get to a Sea Dogs game we should hook up there sometime.  1st beer is on me. 

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Hey, on the way to Canada a cople of years ago, we caught a Dylan show at the waterfront It was really  a  nice eveni+ng, though Dylan kinda sounded like he had a knife in the throat. In spite of that we had a really good time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hey, on the way to Canada a cople of years ago, we caught a Dylan show at the waterfront It was really  a  nice eveni+ng, though Dylan kinda sounded like he had a knife in the throat. In spite of that we had a really good time.

LOL, he always did

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

True, and it hasn't gotten any better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]

gotta gas up the car..stop for some tomatos and eggs along the way Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Lol.  Nice, Jete.  My folks still have an abundance of tomatoes from the fall...I'll let them know you'll be stopping in NH on the way.  Eggs, not so much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a nice, small town atmosphere there.  My g/f and I had tickets to Tim McGraw there a couple of years ago, and we ate at a local restaurant (Sea Dog, for those of you who might now the area) within walking distance.  After we ate we were walking toward the venue and we came upon McGraw and a couple of his bodyguards (?) out going for a run before his show. 

It's that kind of a place.  Very friendly, relatively small crowds, little to no crime, just a good place to go, have a good time and feel safe. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Don't bring these things anywhere near Maine. Not until the women start shaving their underarms.

With a per capita income ranking 32nd in the nation, some rube will try to grab them and they'll end up at some pawn and gun shop in Lewiston. Let the Mainers think they're part of RSN, but don't give them anymore representation in Congress. Go plow some more snow, and eat some chowdah. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't bring these things anywhere near Maine. Not until the women start shaving their underarms.

With a per capita income ranking 32nd in the nation, some rube will try to grab them and they'll end up at some pawn and gun shop in Lewiston. Let the Mainers think they're part of RSN, but don't give them anymore representation in Congress. Go plow some more snow, and eat some chowdah. 

[/QUOTE]
    You're just jealous because you have to lock all your doors at night and can't walk down the street without being mugged.  Smile. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i live up on the East End. Portland is a blast all around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

You're the kind of guy we all laugh at.  Portland has tons of good looking women, I don't know anyone who likes chowder, and we have about two inches of snow on the ground.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're the kind of guy we all laugh at.  Portland has tons of good looking women, I don't know anyone who likes chowder, and we have about two inches of snow on the ground.

[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it!  I wasn't going to reply to him as quite frankly....his avatar gives me the heebie jeebies......