The two sweetest words in the English Language: “Play Ball!”

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jete02fann. Show Jete02fann's posts

The two sweetest words in the English Language: “Play Ball!”

Good Morning all. With the pennant race beginning in earnest, GMs will have to make their moves starting this month. The Sox and Yankees will be fighting it out down to the wire for supremacy in the AL East, only to meet again in the ALCS. How do you see the pennant race playing out and what do you see Theo doing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Re: The two sweetest words in the English Language: “Play Ball!”

Honestly, I kind of respect the Sox to pull away from the division, BUT, I would not be surprised if this rather new team (squad) underachieves and gets the wild card.  However, I do think that the Yankees have some serious flaws this year.  Cashman has to, without any doubt, address starting pitching, but there just isn't that much to be had this year.  I would really expect Theo to go small deal to shore up possibly the outfield, but definitely the pen, but, I don't really know where the starting rotation will end up, and when the injuries to it will could possible require a deal to fix them (or even if it ever will).  Basically, I expect that this year the opposite of the norm will happen, with the Yanks in the WC spot.  Yeah.  Still meeting in the ALCS in all likelihood.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Jelly Donuts!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I believe we should change it to "jugar a la pelota
    so that we can not offend any of the fans of hispanic dissent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Cashman has to, without any doubt, address starting pitching, but there just isn't that much to be had this year.

agreed HankukSox

nothing has changed since opening day

IMO it has always come down to what starting pitching

Bcash can pick up by the deadline

the smoke & mirror show has worked great so far ,

but it looks like colon might of ran out of gas

last 2 starts short a few MPH and missing that

so important movement on his FB

I sure hope I'm wrong on both accounts

because colon was fun to watch

and there appears to be no #2's available

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to The two sweetest words in the English Language: “Play Ball!”:

Not to be argumentative, but even at my age, I must challenge the title of your post.

"Oh, don't stop!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Mmmmm. To borrow from another post on another thread...

Let's play two...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Hey, jete - I see the Sox and Yankees going down to the wire with the Sox nudging the Yankees for the division title -Sox winning maybe 96 games and Yankees winning 94-95. 

They meet again in the ALCS and again the Sox nudge them 4 games to 3 with at least one walk-off win by the Sox  - dictating the importance of chance and home field advantage.

As for deadline moves, I see Theo rolling some dice and making no big moves - no Beltran, no Cliff-Lee-like deals.  Theo is going to go to the bank and keep his money there, gambling that his starting pitching and Bobby Jenks in the BP will get healthy.

I see Cashman making big moves at the deadline because he knows that he must.  I see them picking up a back-end rotation starter and a reliever - and I predict that both of them will be names that have not yet been mentioned in trade rumors and that they will over-perform compared to expectations - making the AL East more interesting than ever.

I don't see Tampa making any big moves or salary dumps, and I see them sticking around until the bitter end because they have such a great defensive team.  Jose Reyes will not wind up in the AL East. 

But I digress...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: The two sweetest words in the English Language: “Play Ball!”:
    [QUOTE]Cashman has to, without any doubt, address starting pitching, but there just isn't that much to be had this year. agreed HankukSox nothing has changed since opening day IMO it has always come down to what starting pitching   Bcash can pick up by the deadline the smoke & mirror show has worked great so far , but it looks like colon might of ran out of gas last 2 starts short a few MPH and missing that so important movement on his FB I sure hope I'm wrong on both accounts  because colon was fun to watch and there appears to be no #2's available
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Seems like it always boils down to starting pitching. The sox have question marks too. They need to get Buchholz & Lester back soon, healthy and ready to go the rest of the season. If that happens I really like the sox chances. I think both teams will make the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

right you are mike

starting pitching and health

unless of course

you are in the AL east

then you better have a few bats  too ;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I want to upgrade the origional OP.............to three words concerning tonite.

It's Millah Time!
    GO SOX!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to The two sweetest words in the English Language: “Play Ball!”:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all. With the pennant race beginning in earnest, GMs will have to make their moves starting this month. The Sox and Yankees will be fighting it out down to the wire for supremacy in the AL East, only to meet again in the ALCS. How do you see the pennant race playing out and what do you see Theo doing?
    Posted by Jete02fann[/QUOTE]

I think you're probably right with your OP.

And even taking the time off for the AS Game leaves one twiddling one's thumbs.

But believe me ... it's much sweeter when the wife calls "Play Ball" than
      when the ump does ....