The Yankees & Arod

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: The Yankees & Arod

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

I also think the NYY don't want the sympathy factor to come into play, from the media, fans and mostly, the arbitrator. The Yankees are going to play it by the book

I'm not sure what you mean by the sympathy factor?  Why would anyone have sympathy for them?

[/QUOTE]

I think Jbay means people ( not RSN) starting to feel sympathy for arod

because of all of the piling on

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

After the latest news that has come out I don't know how anyone can be a Yankee fan and an ARod fan.  Either the Yankee organization has disgrace baseball, or ARod is the biggest disgrace baseball has ever known.  

have you seen anyone claiming to be an arod fan recently

[/QUOTE]

Not many, but they're out there.  I can't understand why NY fans feel inclined to try and compare him and connect him to PAPI.  You must understand that that stinks of an attempt to defend him, intensions or not.  

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point about bringing up papi

but I  also feel there can be a distinction between

defending him and the yanks and still being a fan of his at this point

IMO there is also a distinction between wanting him to get a hit

and being a fan of his

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

After the latest news that has come out I don't know how anyone can be a Yankee fan and an ARod fan.  Either the Yankee organization has disgrace baseball, or ARod is the biggest disgrace baseball has ever known.  

have you seen anyone claiming to be an arod fan recently

Not many, but they're out there.  I can't understand why NY fans feel inclined to try and compare him and connect him to PAPI.  You must understand that that stinks of an attempt to defend him, intensions or not.  

I understand your point about bringing up papi

but I  also feel there can be a distinction between

defending him and the yanks and still being a fan of his at this point

IMO there is also a distinction between wanting him to get a hit

and being a fan of his

Your later opinion yes, but the former I'm not buying.  Either what he is saying is true or false.  So either the Yankees doctored medical records and tried to sabatoge ARODS career or AROD is making up insanely incriminating narratives that could destroy the Yankees reputation (if they were true) and ratted out even his own teammates.  Either your buying ARODS garbage or ou believe the Yankees are doing something sinister.   I don't see how being an AROD fan and a Yankee fan can now both be simultaneously possible.  It's like loving America and being in AL Queda, Arod is effectively trying to destroy the Yankees.   Personally I think AROD is full of crap, but you must see how this is going to get real ugly....Yankees should want him gone

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I mean I guess you are right.  People can be fans of who or whatever they want, i just think it would make for a sad hypocritical fan.  If the shoe was on the other foot, I don't think I could cheer for the player, I don't know how any sox fan could.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to upperco1's comment:

Now I know who Wiener and Spitzer are expecting to get their votes from. Thank you, NYY fans for enlightening us. 

Yeah and never mind you sent a drunk and murderer to Washington for 45 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

[QUOTE]

Now I know who Wiener and Spitzer are expecting to get their votes from. Thank you, NYY fans for enlightening us. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey, T wat was me, I don't live in Mass. and you have no clue how foolish you're making yourself look. Try again, on a different website preferably.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The others arn't getting off easy.  They arn't getting paid and they are accepting the punishment they deserve.  Arod wants to weasel out of his punishment.  I think that's what bothers people the most.

The others did peds and are taking their 30 lashes.  I think people respect that more than someone doing peds and behaving like they did nothing wrong.

IMO arod is not trying to weasel out of his punishment

and at 1 point   would of  been happy to take his 30 lashes

it is in his opinion the 210 lashes that R the problem

It's a shame that kids see him get away with this.

I'm thinking the kids R seeing everyone deserves their day in court

and will then see arod his punishment

Zac~

I think you have a blind spot when it comes to arod, maybe you should take that bag off your head Wink

Arod is the lowest of the low and he deserves what's coming to him.  No one should have sympathy for a man who cheats and lies.  If he had come to the sox I would say the same thing about him.

He is dragging this on because of the money and he doesn't care who he hurts.  He is one selfish, self centered son of a sea cook.

I know you and twm want to defend the yanks at all cost but I think this arod thing is a losing battle, sorry Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

I also think the NYY don't want the sympathy factor to come into play, from the media, fans and mostly, the arbitrator. The Yankees are going to play it by the book

I'm not sure what you mean by the sympathy factor?  Why would anyone have sympathy for them?

[/QUOTE]

I think Jbay means people ( not RSN) starting to feel sympathy for arod

because of all of the piling on

[/QUOTE]

LOL, sympathy for arod, good one!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, T wat was me, I don't live in Mass. and you have no clue how foolish you're making yourself look. Try again, on a different website preferably.

[/QUOTE]

Chances are if the local populace are as dumb as you they've done things equally as stupid. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I mean I guess you are right.  People can be fans of who or whatever they want, i just think it would make for a sad hypocritical fan.  If the shoe was on the other foot, I don't think I could cheer for the player, I don't know how any sox fan could.

if U R talking to me

U are miss understanding me

I know you brought it up

but I wasn't addressing the lastest he said she said stuff coming from yankeeeland

I'm no longer an arod fan

wished he walked away

understand why he didn't

that said

if he's in my line up I'm going to hope he does well

''a sad hypocritical fan''

get back to me hugh  the next time you don't wish a sox to do well

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about kennedy?  Ugh, never liked the man and always thought he got away with murder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Zac~

I think you have a blind spot when it comes to arod, maybe you should take that bag off your head Wink

lol 67

Arod is the lowest of the low and he deserves what's coming to him.  No one should have sympathy for a man who cheats and lies.  If he had come to the sox I would say the same thing about him.

I don't disagree

but it doesn't mean others won't

He is dragging this on because of the money and he doesn't care who he hurts.  He is one selfish, self centered son of a sea cook.

he's not dragging anything out

he appealing the sentence

''money'' U make it sound so trivial

we are talking some serious money

not some fine for beating up a phone

serious money

of course he cares about it

you wouldn't fight to keep over 45 mill ?

especially if in your own mind you thought

they were being unfair to you

like I said I'm pretty sure he would of taken the 50 gms the others got for their 1st offense NP

I know you and twm want to defend the yanks at all cost but I think this arod thing is a losing battle, sorry

on a sox board at least

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Zac~

lol 67

I don't disagree

but it doesn't mean others won't

he's not dragging anything out

he appealing the sentence

''money'' U make it sound so trivial

we are talking some serious money

not some fine for beating up a phone

serious money

of course he cares about it

you wouldn't fight to keep over 45 mill ?

especially if in your own mind you thought

they were being unfair to you

like I said I'm pretty sure he would of taken the 50 gms the others got for their 1st offense NP

I know you and twm want to defend the yanks at all cost but I think this arod thing is a losing battle, sorry

on a sox board at least

Part of an article by jon hayman, cbs sports:

Let's not forget that Rodriguez challenged us -- at his seemingly heartfelt Tampa, Fla., spring training press conference in 2009 ostensibly to admit what Selena Roberts learned, that he failed the 2003 survey test -- to please, whatever you do, "Judge me from this day forward."

Judgment day finally arrived.

And A-Rod didn't like it.

According to what the MLB investigation revealed, every year since 2009 he has spent cheating up a storm, lying about it and perhaps even impeding baseball's investigation into Biogenesis (that last one still has to be proved, but based on what we know about Rodriguez, it's quite believable).

A-Rod got 50 games for violating MLB's Joint Drug Agreement.

And 161 more for chutzpah.

He deserves every last one of those games in the penalty box, and more.

By rules that keep long-term baseball contracts ironclad, Rodriguez still has about $61 million coming to him via a Yankees deal that was very likely part of his massive scam on baseball, even if he has to serve the 211 games. He'll get that money even though he doesn't deserve it.

This is why mlb is being so tough on him. It's so much more than just the peds.  He has brought this on himself and should take his medicine like a man.  As far as the money goes I don't think it's right that his lawyer is attacking the yanks organization. Arod will do whatever it takes to get is way. This thing is going to get ugly just like arod.  He is one nasty dude.

On a much happier note, I'm so glad he is wearing pin stripes instead of a B on his cap.Wink

I was all over papi and manny when they messed up, arod does not get a pass.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

ARoid is the epitome of the Yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Kind  of like that Rolling Stones song, "Sympathy for the Devil?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

[QUOTE]

Kind  of like that Rolling Stones song, "Sympathy for the Devil?"

[/QUOTE]

LOL good one LD

very good

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Enough's enough.  I think it's time for Selig to simply have Alex killed.  And while he's at it he should have little trouble framing somebody in the Yankees organization for the crime.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Enough's enough.  I think it's time for Selig to simply have Alex killed.  And while he's at it he should have little trouble framing somebody in the Yankees organization for the crime.

Probably be someone with a bag over their head.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A-Rod is a skunk. He does not belong in the game. But he homered off of that 27 million dollar blunder, Dempster. We Sox fans can take our solace in booing A-Rod.  And, then try to defend the inexplicable waste of money on Dempster.

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

• Attorney Joseph Tacopina, A-Rod’s latest legal acquisition, alleged to The New York Times that the Yankees allowed Rodriguez to play in the 2012 postseason without telling him an MRI exam had revealed he had a torn hip labrum. “They rolled him out there like an invalid and made him look like he was finished as a ballplayer,” Tacopina told the newspaper. Tacopina’s implication was that the Yankees hoped A-Rod would become discouraged and retire, even if his poor performance hurt the team’s chances to win. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Sunday that Tacopina’s assertions are untrue.

• Tacopina also told the Times that Yankees team president Randy Levine said to Dr. Bryan Kelly, who performed Rodriguez’s offseason hip surgery, that Levine didn’t “ever want to see (Rodriguez) on the field again.” Levine denied saying that.

• Cashman told reporters that he’s not comfortable speaking with Rodriguez anymore — even while A-Rod was in the lineup, as the No. 5 batter, for the series finale against the rival Red Sox.

• ESPN reported Sunday that Rodriguez paid for an attorney to represent former Biogenesis proprietor Anthony Bosch, who is now the star witness against him