1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: The Yankees...

Ooops - Sherriff

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

win???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Have to think this is a very big disappointment for RSN to be in this position right now when their expectation was to be absolutely running away with the division against the feeble Yanks and punchless Rays. Also looks like the reports of Colon and Garcia's demise were greatly exaggerated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: The Yankees...:
    [QUOTE]Have to think this is a very big disappointment for RSN to be in this position right now when their expectation was to be absolutely running away with the division against the feeble Yanks and punchless Rays. Also looks like the reports of Colon and Garcia's demise were greatly exaggerated.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

After the start the Sox had, I'm a long way from disappointed. Thanks for caring though.

I'd be more worried about the Sox if they blew a 5 game leadin the standings. Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Have to think this is a very big disappointment for RSN to be in this position right now when their expectation was to be absolutely running away with the division against the feeble Yanks and punchless Rays. Also looks like the reports of Colon and Garcia's demise were greatly exaggerated.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]
    myfx2, there wasn't a single Red Sox fan with a brain who thought we'd "run away" with the division.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=be5545c5a9a0c97287f70efc5a8dbeec&plckUserId=be5545c5a9a0c97287f70efc5a8dbeec">
    First: 10/1/2005
    Last: 7/21/2011
    Have to think this is a very big disappointment for RSN to be in this position right now when their expectation was to be absolutely running away with the division against the feeble Yanks and punchless Rays. Also looks like the reports of Colon and Garcia's demise were greatly exaggerated.                     

Think before you post.  There's just nothing in that post that exists outside of your own mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe------. Show -TheBabe------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees... : myfx2, there wasn't a single Red Sox fan with a brain who thought we'd "run away" with the division.

Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

lloyd, you could have just left it at "there wasn't a single Red Sox fan with a brain" and you would have been correct.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

[QUOTE]Beni will rest easier...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

a beni thread would be alot more entertaining and clever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees... : a beni thread would be alot more entertaining and clever
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]
    Nothing that Silly-Betty ever posted was entertaining or clever. Same thing for any alias that he is currently using.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

You take ONE post you read and then apply it to all Sox fans.  That is a pretty silly way to go through life.  Anyone on this forum who knows me knows that I never count the Yanks out.  I think they have issues with Garcia especially despite his last start.  However, I am one who thinks the race will get even tighter as we move along.  I do think the Yanks road schedule might be a bit challenge to overcome.  I'd like you to find the threads where the prevailing wisdom was the Sox running away with anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees... : You take ONE post you read and then apply it to all Sox fans.  That is a pretty silly way to go through life.  Anyone on this forum who knows me knows that I never count the Yanks out.  I think they have issues with Garcia especially despite his last start.  However, I am one who thinks the race will get even tighter as we move along.  I do think the Yanks road schedule might be a bit challenge to overcome.  I'd like you to find the threads where the prevailing wisdom was the Sox running away with anything.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

I'll vouch for jim on this one,

he and many others have never counted the yanks out

then again many have

while I'll admit I'm sometimes guilty of the same thing

I think it would be better if we used  prefix's

'' some ''  nyyfans are not perfect

'' most '' sox fans are______'s ;-)

BTW jim

throwing the word wisdom in there was pretty tricky

I'd like you to find the threads where the prevailing wisdom was the Sox running away with anything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I have always regarded the Yankees as Jason from "Friday the 13th." Every time somebody pronounces them dead, they make a comeback.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

At least he's on planet red sox

where you're sttill an alien.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Yankees... : Yep and your socks were predicted to win 100 games and the WS. We will see about that. So far 96 games were played your socks need to win 41 out of 66 left to play.. You need to get back to planet earth...
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]
    Since the 2-10 start, the Sox are 57-27 (.679). So it's not unreasonable to expect them to play at least .621 ball the rest of the way.

Then again, I couldn't care less about winning 100 games during the regular season. I just want to win 11 games during the postseason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Posted by mfymfy

You take ONE post you read and then apply it to all Sox fans.  That is a pretty silly way to go through life.  Anyone on this forum who knows me knows that I never count the Yanks out.  I think they have issues with Garcia especially despite his last start.  However, I am one who thinks the race will get even tighter as we move along.  I do think the Yanks road schedule might be a bit challenge to overcome.  I'd like you to find the threads where the prevailing wisdom was the Sox running away with anything.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jim you're 100% correct that you never seem to count the Yankees out. I should have prefaced it with "some" fans---didn't mean to imply that "all" fans drank the kool-aid. That being said, the reality of a long season--rotation issues, injuries, tight race, etc.--has set in for those "one or two" fans who thought runaway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Boston5937.615-
    NY Yankees5739.5942.0
    Tampa Bay5245.5367.5
    Toronto5049.50510.5
    Baltimore3956.41119.5

http://youtu.be/SR8ruegy-C0

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

No disrespect to soxnewmex, but I'd thought I'd bring up another Red Sox gloating thread for nhsteven just to rub it in some more. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm not worried about a single game, or the current standings (as long as the Yankees are in Wild Card position, that is), which seems to be your ongoing forte; you should worry more about the PS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

TeamWLPCTGB
    Boston6137.622-
    NY Yankees5840.5923.0
    Tampa Bay5246.5319.0
    Toronto5050.50012.0
    Baltimore4057.41220.5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Greeting to all our Yankee friends.  After the loss today to the pitiful Oakland A's, the worst offensive team in baseball, and falling a full three games behind, I have to wonder if the Sox may be pulling away.  What say you?