The Youk Vote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Youk Vote

What's your choice?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: The Youk Vote

keep will at 3B...hope we can deal youk...we are winning right now.will has played good to be here.he will have it's up's and downs..but he proves he should be here...if we can get somthing for youk do it...and this is from a guy that loves youk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If you put Youk at 1 B for an audition and he goes on a tear and Middy and AGon put some good numbers up in their new positions--then what do you do? Do you keep AGon in the OF?  Having Youk at first may just set him on fire--Do you then find a partner and dance or do you have that internal competition that makes the team better?

The lineup of:
    Aviles, Pedroia, Ortiz, Youk, AGon, Middy, Salty, Nava, (Lin, Byrd, Ross, Sweeney). There is a possibility Ross or Sweeney may be DL'd. or Youk stays with the PawSox for a while longer.

Short of having Ells and CC there are worse lineups in baseball. I will take that lineup to Baltimore for three and take my chances. Buch, Bard and Douby could be a tough combination.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Ditto.......

In Response to Re: The Youk Vote:
    [QUOTE]to me  it's easy. a-gone stays in RF. YOUK goes to 1st and MIDDLEBROOKS stays at 3rd. it's not rocket science.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

A-Gon can't play RF at Fenway so that ain't going to happen.

I'd hate to do it, but you're probably going to have to put Middlebrooks back in Triple-A for a couple of weeks and let Youk play 3B to establish some sort of trade value for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Agonz did played well in the RF for the whole weekend.  But the problem is that the Philly are loaded with right handed hitters where most balls went toward to left field to right center field.  Wait until Boston face against loaded left handed hitting line up like the Yankees or half loaded left handed hitting line up like the Rangers, Orioles, Rays, etc.  Then we can judge on if AGonz can play in the OF or not.

Seriously, Boston should hold on Youkilis case someone get hurt.  Sweetney is the latest guy to get hurt.  Guess Boston is too aggressive on the field!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sweeney plays RF in Fenway, unless he is needed in CF.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Are you kidding with put AGon in the outfield? Now I finally know the board is full of inept baseball posters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Burr, is Nava or DMac that much better in the OF?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

As well as MBrooks has done to this point, he will be sent down to AAA and Youk will retake his third base spot...for now. And I don't think it is a bad thing, either. Youk plays and establishes some trade value or gets hurt again. Those are really the only two options. Then we can either expect a middle reliever in return or another open roster spot for MBrooks to claim. While MBrooks is down in Pawtucket, give him a few things to work on...defensive footwork, sharper focus during games, pitch recognition improvement, etc etc.

We have seen Middlebrooks, he is the future, he will be back in the not so distant future one way or another.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

Agon in rf at Fenway?  Have you seen this guy run, a ball gets by him and it would be an in side the park homer everytime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Seeing is believing---try it you might like it. What's the point of playing Youk at third when the teams want to see if he can still play first and hit. The Indians might part with Choo to possibly play RF( as was mentioned in another thread).
    They need an everyday 1 B that is a threat to hit and hit for power. That would be a very good team for Youk in his home state and if the Sox could pick up Choo for Sweeney, Youk and a prospect--that would be a good move.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I must admit that I was kind of going with the earlier flow of this thread...The realistic side of me knows that AG needs to be at first base.  I must commend DO as he played a very good 1st base this weekend and at the worst showed he can fill in in a pinch, and I would have no problem with Youk at first either. With all that being said,  I am one that hates to think that players lose their positions because of injury.  Is Youk a 10-5?  Can they just up and send him anywhere without his approval?  I like Middlebrooks at third but don't have a problem with Youk either. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Trade the YOUKMIESTER, NOW !!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Middlebrooks down. 2012 isn't a lost year.  We'll be competitive to the end.  To me that means, we should focus on the present.  And presently, Middlebrooks has things he needs to work on.

I dont know if its going to start in May or June, but there will be a multi-month stretch where Youk hits around .300.  I dont think Middlebrooks is capable of that at this point in time.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I love Will, he's been doing a great job.  And he's been hitting, which is even more fantastic.  It may be just me, but I noticed a couple of things defensively that I'd like to see him work on.  My own humble thoughts are that he should return to AAA when Youk is ready to come back and hone his skills.    But oh, the kid has been fun to watch play!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]If you put Youk at 1 B for an audition and he goes on a tear and Middy and AGon put some good numbers up in their new positions--then what do you do? Do you keep AGon in the OF?  Having Youk at first may just set him on fire--Do you then find a partner and dance or do you have that internal competition that makes the team better? The lineup of: Aviles, Pedroia, Ortiz, Youk, AGon, Middy, Salty, Nava, (Lin, Byrd, Ross, Sweeney). There is a possibility Ross or Sweeney may be DL'd. or Youk stays with the PawSox for a while longer. Short of having Ells and CC there are worse lineups in baseball. I will take that lineup to Baltimore for three and take my chances. Buch, Bard and Douby could be a tough combination.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Agon in right field is not a permanant switch, just for a few games a year against NL clubs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

AGon in RF is laughable.  Yes, he is that rare ballplayer who can be stuck anywhere and still function, but he doesn't have the wheels to play in the OF.  Wild applause for what he did in Philly, but playing in NL parks should be the only time AGon goes to RF. 

Middlebrooks has to go to Pawtucket and Youk back to 3B.  I would be tempted to put Middlebrooks in the outfield but the OF is hitting almost decent right now.  No, the right place for him is back to the minors, temporarily of course.  He'll be back before you know it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The instincts and quick reaction of playing 1 B and RF are somewhat similar.
    AGon knows the hitters pretty well--I don't think he is much of a "diver" after ground balls. Many of the balls he fields are hit at him or slightly R or L.

He may not get to all flyballs in the outfield because he would probably choose to come in rather than go back.

We could argue this point all year; whatever Bobby V decides is what's going to happen. Naturally I  would prefer him at 1 B like 100 % of the fans.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Youk is the Sox third baseman and should be playing full time. Middlebrooks did a fine job filling in but he still has to develop and grow. He will be waiting in the wings if Youk's health does not hold up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]to me  it's easy. a-gone stays in RF. YOUK goes to 1st and MIDDLEBROOKS stays at 3rd. it's not rocket science.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

You're going to move a GG 1B, and future HOFer to RF in order to keep a rookie at 3B?
    That's insane!
    Middlebrooks goes back down to AAA or Youk gets traded. No way AGon should have to accomodate both a rook and a DL commando.