They signed Dempster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: They signed Dempster

I still think people really need to get off the edge of the roof in regards to our starting pitchers.  If I told you that our #4 pitcher would put up a 14-11 record have a 4.40 ERA and pitch 215 innings....that would be pretty good!  Those were Lackey's stats in 2011.  Yes....I know the ERA was not great but he did keep us in A LOT of games.  I know his salary doesn't match the output but really....WHO CARES?  It's not our money and it obviously DID NOT prevent them from spending (A-Gon, Crawford etc....).  If Lester and Buc are just a bit better than last year and Lackey can get back to his normal self.....I still fail to see how this will be a horrible staff.  Name me 5 teams that have a better pitching staff than this one.  Other than a few ALL of the staffs have just as many question marks as the Sox.  Our rotation is Lester, Buc, Dempster, Lackey and Dubront......  Plus we have Morales and Aceves for spot starts!!  There are a lot of teams that would LOVE that rotation!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think people really need to get off the edge of the roof in regards to our starting pitchers.  If I told you that our #4 pitcher would put up a 14-11 record have a 4.40 ERA and pitch 215 innings....that would be pretty good!  Those were Lackey's stats in 2011.  Yes....I know the ERA was not great but he did keep us in A LOT of games.  I know his salary doesn't match the output but really....WHO CARES?  It's not our money and it obviously DID NOT prevent them from spending (A-Gon, Crawford etc....).  If Lester and Buc are just a bit better than last year and Lackey can get back to his normal self.....I still fail to see how this will be a horrible staff.  Name me 5 teams that have a better pitching staff than this one.  Other than a few ALL of the staffs have just as many question marks as the Sox.  Our rotation is Lester, Buc, Dempster, Lackey and Dubront......  Plus we have Morales and Aceves for spot starts!!  There are a lot of teams that would LOVE that rotation!! 

[/QUOTE]

Well, based on last year's statistics, I can name you 11 AL teams that are better than our pitching staff. Bottom line: our pitching staff finished 12th in the AL in ERA, and adding DUMPSTER did nothing to improve that. Now we have a lot of #4 type SP and still no ace or real #2. Its not DUMPSTER that is the problem per se, its a lack of top of the rotation pitchers.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you aware that Babe and Softlaw beat you to the punch on using the Dumpster nickname. Have they been in your Sawxheads room along with the other three inhabitants?

[/QUOTE]

Its not a copyrighted nickname Pike. How did you make it back here after being banned? Nice work!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Since you live near the Angels Stadium, will you be going there this summer to watch Crawbust and Buckett play. Are you telling your companion Angels fans that Crawbust and Bucket stink and are all finished. How will they react to that? Or are you on good behavior with them? Don't forget to belittle Gonzo for believing on God.

[/QUOTE]

Pike: you are obsessed with that claim. I live near where the A's and Giants play. You are thinking of Seabeachfred. Get your facts straight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Since you live near the Angels Stadium, will you be going there this summer to watch Crawbust and Buckett play. Are you telling your companion Angels fans that Crawbust and Bucket stink and are all finished. How will they react to that? Or are you on good behavior with them? Don't forget to belittle Gonzo for believing on God.

[/QUOTE]

Pike: you are obsessed with that claim. I live near where the A's and Giants play. You are thinking of Seabeachfred. Get your facts straight.

[/QUOTE]

In fairness , it is not easy to keep track of every poster's whereabouts. But he tries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In fairness , it is not easy to keep track of every poster's whereabouts. But he tries.

[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to try to be fair to Pike. I just think he ought to save what little remains of his credibility here by at least attempting to stick with the facts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to try to be fair to Pike. I just think he ought to save what little remains of his credibility here by at least attempting to stick with the facts.

[/QUOTE]

And he doesn't seem to know the difference between the Dodgers and Angels :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My prediction for Dempster in 2013,

8-10, 175 IP, with a 4.50 ERA 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just an attempt at sarcasm on my part.   Not trying to be fair.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Forgive the mistakes. The point being made which you all ignored is that SeabeachFred and Pumpsie are the Beavis and Butthead of the Sawxheads forum and giggle when they call Crawford as Crawbust or Crawful, Beckett as Buckett or Buckhit, Lackey as Slackey or Lackluster, and Papi as Big sloppt, and Francona as Francoma. If you people wish to identify with schoolyard humor and "fans" who never utter a good word about their team then that is your perrogative. Hats off to you catching my mistakes and shame on you for missing the point. Go over to Sawxheads and giggle with them and don't forget your beannie with the propeller on top. Now I know why youn identify with Babe so much. A 60 yr. old with a 12 year old maturity. Giggle, giggle.

[/QUOTE]

Is that it? Is that really all you got Pike? I think you can do better. Why not try again to come up with something more interesting?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.