This Disaster is Managements Fault

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 59LesPaul. Show 59LesPaul's posts

Re: This Disaster is Managements Fault

In Response to Re: This Disaster is Managements Fault:
    [QUOTE]Gold Gloves?  Really?  You realize that Derek Jeter and Carl Crawford also have gold gloves, right?  Not to mention, former DH Rafael Palmero.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

yes but unlike jeter and palmero gonzalez deserves his gold gloves he is probably the best defensive first baseman in baseball

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

A well rounded player is not necessarily better than a guy who excels at one dimension - especially when that one dimension is POWER and DRIVING in RUNS and considering that 1B is not as hard a position to fill than nearly every other position on the diamond.........

If you think that the Angels would have went for Gonzelez before Albert and Detroit would have gone for Gonzelez over Fielder than I would have to say I disagree; only those teams would be able to confirm or deny...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 59LesPaul. Show 59LesPaul's posts

[QUOTE]A well rounded player is not necessarily better than a guy who excels at one dimension - especially when that one dimension is POWER and DRIVING in RUNS and considering that 1B is not as hard a position to fill than nearly every other position on the diamond......... If you think that the Angels would have went for Gonzelez before Albert and Detroit would have gone for Gonzelez over Fielder than I would have to say I disagree; only those teams would be able to confirm or deny...

i respectfully disagree detroit would've have went after gonzalez over fielder for the reasons i listed before, by your argument adam dunn is one of the best players in baseball but we all saw how that turned out last year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Gonzalez OBP is sub 320 so far............not exactly a sign of well rounded hitter........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 59LesPaul. Show 59LesPaul's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez OBP is sub 320 so far............not exactly a sign of well rounded hitter........

we are 14 games in by the all star break it will be over .380

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So it's not a sample until the All Star Break?

Does the Census Bureu go to all 50,000,000 of the 100,000,000 homes to get a valid sample?

He's off to a slow start.

As I said, Gonzo isn't the biggest problem and he's a solid player.  However, the point was that his contract is quite risky and makes the organization significantly less flexible in the future.  Compared to the real market environment, the Sox could have paid less for him.  Plus, I'd rather have Youk at 1B and Beltre at 3B.