This is getting serious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

This is getting serious

There's a litany of things that have gone haywire, but they ar all out there like an open book. Is everyone trying hisbest to jerk one out of the park. One day at least 3 guys look like they should be all stars, but the pitchers can't get anyone out. The next day, right out of the blue, a struggling starter has a good game, and we go 1 for 15 with men on base.

A team with a collective BA of my hat size come in for 3 games; we rub our hands with glee, and their .220 hitters get doubles to win the game.

The lineup changes like our (well, your) weather, and looks llike the old Yankees one day, then falls asleep for the next week.

No, we don't need a new manager. We need someone to help Gonzo stay away from low, outside, change-ups, and also to help hitters go to bat with a plan. I wonder if any of them have ever read Ted Williams book on hitting. Or, are they too busy feeling sorry for themselves.

Losing 3 traight to the Washington Nationals, for Pete's sake should not be taken lightly. It should be taken for what it is: a disgrace!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: This is getting serious

In Response to This is getting serious:
    [QUOTE]There's a litany of things that have gone haywire, but they ar all out there like an open book. Is everyone trying hisbest to jerk one out of the park. One day at least 3 guys look like they should be all stars, but the pitchers can't get anyone out. The next day, right out of the blue, a struggling starter has a good game, and we go 1 for 15 with men on base. A team with a collective BA of my hat size come in for 3 games; we rub our hands with glee, and their .220 hitters get doubles to win the game. The lineup changes like our (well, your) weather, and looks llike the old Yankees one day, then falls asleep for the next week. No, we don't need a new manager. We need someone to help Gonzo stay away from low, outside, change-ups, and also to help hitters go to bat with a plan. I wonder if any of them have ever read Ted Williams book on hitting. Or, are they too busy feeling sorry for themselves. Losing 3 traight to the Washington Nationals, for Pete's sake should not be taken lightly. It should be taken for what it is: a disgrace!
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

They have the second best record in the major leagues. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No one is feeling sorry for themselves.  They are all millionaires - many of them many many many times over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

At least football season is around the corner.  Tom Brady and the Patriots will cheer us up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: This is getting serious:
    [QUOTE]In Response to This is getting serious : They have the second best record in the major leagues. 
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

The Nats have turned the corner, losing to them is not a disgrace, if they got swept by the Sox, that would have been the real disgrace. Fact is, they're a very good team, better than the Sox, they just happen to play in the NL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is getting serious :   The Nats have turned the corner, losing to them is not a disgrace, if they got swept by the Sox, that would have been the real disgrace. Fact is, they're a very good team, better than the Sox, they just happen to play in the NL.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was saying.

Ha! We agree on something!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is getting serious : Exactly what I was saying. Ha! We agree on something!
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
     I get to watch a lot of Nat's games, and noticed last year how they had a strong young defensive core, decent pitching, and a tough bullpen with different types of throwers. They believe they can win, having had many come from behind victories, the Manager Davey Johnson, doesn't make many mistakes, so he keeps them in the games, and now with Harper and his high energy will to win, reminds me of baseball's version of Larry Bird, they will be in the hunt all season.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is getting serious : With a collective batting average of about .230. Please, hold the excuses They are no better than the Marlins, and the Rays made them look like the Red Sox look!
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

You can have a team BA of .230 and be successful if you have a pitching staff like the Nats (currently the best team ERA in ALL of baseball). Don't be a hater because our pitching staff stinks and full of overrated bloated blowhards (Beckett?).

I see a ton of Nats games here in the DC area. That is one really good baseball team that plays with passion, plays great defense, and can win a lot of close games. Right now, they are everything the Red Sox wished they were.