this post has been deleted

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: this post has been deleted

I think it's the infamous invisible bumper doing it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DAD & BILL-806 concur !!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Now that we once again have the option of ignoring someone and hiding their posts from view, there ought to be a very high bar set for deletion. Unless a post is just flagrantly abusive and foul, I say let things take their course...if a particular post or poster annoys me or gets under my skin, I'm free to ignore it/them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Now that we once again have the option of ignoring someone and hiding their posts from view, there ought to be a very high bar set for deletion. Unless a post is just flagrantly abusive and foul, I say let things take their course...if a particular post or poster annoys me or gets under my skin, I'm free to ignore it/them.

Tell it to "Godverment" from the Pats forum. 99% of his posts and threads are extreme, and I mean extreme left wing political garbage with nothing whatsoever to do with the Patriots or the NFL. Intentionally inflammatory and incendiary, smart alek and obtuse. And yet, and YET....MY posts and the posts of others calling him on it get removed, while his originals remain in place. Makes you wonder doesn't it? That's why I have him on ignore. Fortunately, more and more posters are simply ignoring him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The above post by Stiffy is a "small sample" of what we get from him day in and day out.

I counter his nonsense, and it gets immediately deleted.

The game of reporting "abuse" by many on this board has gotten out of control.  Many have resorted to a counter offensive of reporting Stiffy, thus getting his post deleted.

Childish! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

But don't you want all political posts here to be deleted by the mods and then the two of you can take your debate to the Politics Forum where it belongs?

If that were the rule, I would abide by it.  As you know, I am always willing to spank a fool in a political debate, i.e. Stiffy & Bill, especially when they shove their nonsense down all our throats ad nauseum.  I actually have no problem with with a guy putting forth a decent political debate, but it always degenerates into socio-political partisan demagoguery, or ad hominem attacks.  Generally both.  

So do away with it....  If that's what needs to be done. What I have a hard time abiding, is Stiffy and others creating the most vile of caricatures of Lincolns Party.  Not his!  an aside........ I type as I watch Lincoln.  Great movie!!!   The mods purposefully let stand the posts by Stiffy, yet, as I show above, they immediately delete counter arguments.

Why? The cowards report them as "abuse," and they are indiscriminately deleted.

Many on this board have adopted this tactic.  Pathetic!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

But don't you want all political posts here to be deleted by the mods and then the two of you can take your debate to the Politics Forum where it belongs?

p.s..

I would just assume not have the guy here if he is going to subject us to his mindless socio-political ramblings, as he did above, and as he does on a daily basis.

I try to ignore it, but sometimes I have a hard time letting it go unchallenged.  :)

Whatever the case.  Those who habitually report "abuse," to save themselves the embarrassment of losing an argument are sad sacks indeed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

btw....

The reason I say it's gotten out of control is because it has spread to all baseball debates. 

EVERY single thread is now littered with "this post has been deleted."

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Forum posters, you heard him. Report all posts that are political and especially Softlaw's . Be consistent. Rid the forum of political posts.

Be careful though "union"....

All you need is another witch hunt :)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

No witch hunt here. The forum is a baseball forum and not a podium for political talk. Very simple concept. I enjoy political debate and will follow you and Softlaw over at the Politics Forum. 

If only he would leave???

Just not gonna happen.  I have a hard time with unillateral disarmament??

I know most don't want to hear it, I just can't stop myself from sticking it up his ar_____ sometimes....  I'll work on restraining myself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

btw....

The reason I say it's gotten out of control is because it has spread to all baseball debates. 

i would rather see a thread littered with "this post has been removed" than see a thread littered with spam and political posts...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Now....   Stiffy gets spanked in an argument, and all he has to do is report "abuse," and his rival is indiscriminately deleted.

My argument here is that those of you who started the witch hunts this summer have brought this about.  The constant cries of "ban this, and ban that," is what got us to this point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

btw....

i would rather see a thread littered with "this post has been removed" than see a thread littered with spam and political posts...

No problem!  If they delete Stiffy's also.  It seems they protect him???

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The BDC outsourced moderators according to Dottie don't read threads or context but read individual posts that have been flagged by readers. If you see Softlaw post politics then report it as a non-baseball post. It is not suppression of free speech but might move him to the Politics Forum where that talk is encouraged and acceptable. This is a BASEBALL forum.

Not bad, but many posts are being deleted for God knows what reason?

Not political.  Not offensive???

This cr____ is out of control!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Would it be asking too much to simply have the moderators move the post to appropriate forum instead of deleting them and littering this board with "this post has been removed" entries?  Like moving inbox email to appropriate subfolders...takes no more time or strokes than deleting.  then folks couldn't complain about being deleted -

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

The BDC outsourced moderators according to Dottie don't read threads or context but read individual posts that have been flagged by readers. If you see Softlaw post politics then report it as a non-baseball post. It is not suppression of free speech but might move him to the Politics Forum where that talk is encouraged and acceptable. This is a BASEBALL forum.

Not bad, but many posts are being deleted for God knows what reason?

Not political.  Not offensive???

This cr____ is out of control!

if you have record of a baseball post with no politics, personal attacks and such being deleted then report it to dottie in the "talk to BDC" forum. that's what she told me to do. but everything i see that gets deleted usually warrants it so i haven't came across any that fill the criteria. if your feeling froggy then feel free to let dottie know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

Would it be asking too much to simply have the moderators move the post to appropriate forum instead of deleting them and littering this board with "this post has been removed" entries?  Like moving inbox email to appropriate subfolders...takes no more time or strokes than deleting.  then folks couldn't complain about being deleted -

the problem with that is that these are individual posts usually that contain politics. it's hard to move a single post to another forum since it has no context nor a thread to be put into. Now, if there was a political thread on the RS forum that was filled with nothing but politics then they could move it to the politics thread in a neat fashion without confusing the residents fo that forum.

i doubt the Mods have that ability though, the other day Burrito created a fantasy baseball thread on the front burner forum. instead of moving that thread to the "fantasy baseball" forum they just deleted the OP and any post with league info.. So either they can't move threads from forum to forum or they are just lazy.

personally, i think there should be an active moderator here. People would be less likely to spam, smurf and troll if there was an authority figure who checked in regularly  and could put posters in their place when need be. but their current configuration isn't bad.